PDA

View Full Version : HELP, lost my motorcycle key!

NorCALSpeed
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
Got hammered in Boulder last night and long story short, lost my keys with my bike key on it. Is there a way to order the replacement from Suzuki or something? Thanks.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Suzuki will only send you a blank key which you can have someone cut. MV33 just had a key made for the 750 he just bought.

King Nothing
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
the original keys came with a little piece of plastic with a number on it, if you have that number you can get a new key easier...

Mr. Turbo
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Dealership can get you a blank, but don't know if they can get you the cut key. Unless it is cut on the inside or something strange like that, i'd call a locksmith and see if they will make a key for it, and if it will cost very much. My bro bought a bike at the denver cop auction, and the locksmiths there charged $20 if i remember right. Onsite service might cost more, but it will be quicker than waiting for a key blank to come in and then get it cut.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Are you sure someone didn't take em...cause they didn't want you driving?

NorCALSpeed
Fri Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
I didn't ride to the bars and I've never even thought of riding while drunk. I had to break into my own house and everyone I was out with I've seen so they would have said if they took em. I'll try the locksmith thing thanks. I was worried I'd have to buy a new ignition or something.

NorCALSpeed
Sat Oct 23rd, 2004, 03:15 AM
Keys found at the Walnut Brewery. And it came gave me an excuse to talk to the hostess. Boo yah drinking is great.

~Barn~
Sun Oct 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Nice closure to the story. That's awesome. :lol:

Jackal
Fri Oct 29th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Don't call a locksmith or anything crazy like that. The solution is very simple and very cheap. Take the ignition switch (the thing the key goes into) off the bike. They make it to where it is very inconvienient to do, but it is just a couple of screws with "star" heads holding it on.

Once you have that off, look around on the switch for a number. That is the number of the key you need. Go to the dealer and say, "I have this bike, its a xx xx xxx and I need a key for it. The key is #xxxxxxxx". It costs like $3.

DeKay
Fri Oct 29th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I think he already found the key like a week ago. :roll:

Jackal
Sat Oct 30th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Doh!