PDA

View Full Version : HID help...

guessinthe2000
Mon Aug 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
This is my first time doing HID on my bike. Anyone that has done it before wants to help me out? I saw some guy online that ran the wires sticking out of the back of the headlight a different way so that they wouldn't show. I got an 06 R6 and already have the HID kit I just need to install it. Here is link of what I'm talking about...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/yamahauler1/2006r6005.jpg

here is more info
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36292&highlight=hids

thanks guys

Aracheon
Mon Aug 18th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Does your HID kit have a relay harness, or are you wiring directly into the headlight wires?

These are not difficult to install, and even a kit that's not "plug-and-play" just needs to be spliced in.

guessinthe2000
Mon Aug 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Does your HID kit have a relay harness, or are you wiring directly into the headlight wires?

These are not difficult to install, and even a kit that's not "plug-and-play" just needs to be spliced in.

It is is plug and play. I just dont want to run my wires throught the back of the cap where you get to the bulb. But more on the lower left side like it shows on the pic... any idea about that chris?

highpsi03
Mon Aug 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
It's fairly simple. You plug the ballast into the stock harness. Install the HID bulb and then plug that into the ballast. Drill a hole and use the grommet like shown. It was cake on my 01 r6

guessinthe2000
Mon Aug 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM
It's fairly simple. You plug the ballast into the stock harness. Install the HID bulb and then plug that into the ballast. Drill a hole and use the grommet like shown. It was cake on my 01 r6

oh i get the whole thing. The only want to do different is run the wires different. to where they dont show.... wanna help me?

highpsi03
Tue Aug 19th, 2008, 12:33 AM
oh i get the whole thing. The only want to do different is run the wires different. to where they dont show.... wanna help me?
I can't help without looking at the bike.. Try drilling the hole in a different location where the wires don't show.