PDA

View Full Version : todays posts

daemon
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
whenever i click on the board and attempt to go straight to "today's post's"
i get a wait "10 seconds" before i can do such a search.

WTF????

Player 2
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Have you done ANY kind of "search" right before you click that link? If your previous click within 10 seconds was a search of any sorts you'll get that...

daemon
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
no!!!
right after i click into the site i try to go to "todays posts",but i get the warning......

Player 2
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well that sucks...

Best advice I can give then is KICK IT

rforsythe
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
The forum software hates you.

:dunno: Are you logged in when you do it? Guests always have some sort of extra restriction placed on searching.

jbnwc
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
It does it for me off and on, too. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing it.

Spiderman
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 09:21 PM
no!!!
right after i click into the site i try to go to "todays posts",but i get the warning......
What's the url/link/bookmark you click to get into the site? Maybe it's search of it's own?

64BonnieLass
Thu Aug 21st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Actually I get this 10 second "time out" all the dang time. Work computer and home computer. And it started with the latest software upgrade that Ralph did.

It's a small issue that is not a big deal really. I kinda just gave up, found some patience, and figured I was being monitored by HAL. :)

When I log my name and password word in....gotta wait 10 to see today's posts.

When I read a PM then go to "todays posts"...gotta wait 10. And, Heaven forbid, if you clicketh at the 1 second mark. Cause...guess what? Takes you back to waiting for another 10 seconds. Woot!!

I have learned to smoke a fatty in between in order to keep the ADHD at bay. Kidding, the Ridilan works just fine. :lol: Still....only kidding. :)

daemon
Fri Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
yeah.
that one second click is a pain in the arse!!!

daemon
Fri Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:10 AM
What's the url/link/bookmark you click to get into the site? Maybe it's search of it's own?
you may be right,but this doesn't happen on other forums with similar charachteristics

Spiderman
Fri Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
you may be right,but this doesn't happen on other forums with similar charachteristics
While I'm sure that's true, unless you tell me what the url is, I can't help you any further (I'm all speculated out :lol: ).

daemon
Fri Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
While I'm sure that's true, unless you tell me what the url is, I can't help you any further (I'm all speculated out :lol: ).
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/index.php

will this help???

Spiderman
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Nope, sorry. :(

ihavealegohead
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Actually I get this 10 second "time out" all the dang time. Work computer and home computer. And it started with the latest software upgrade that Ralph did.

It's a small issue that is not a big deal really. I kinda just gave up, found some patience, and figured I was being monitored by HAL. :)

When I log my name and password word in....gotta wait 10 to see today's posts.

When I read a PM then go to "todays posts"...gotta wait 10. And, Heaven forbid, if you clicketh at the 1 second mark. Cause...guess what? Takes you back to waiting for another 10 seconds. Woot!!

I have learned to smoke a fatty in between in order to keep the ADHD at bay. Kidding, the Ridilan works just fine. :lol: Still....only kidding. :)

Well that's because you listed Suzuki in your profile. I suggest you put Yamaha there instead.

64BonnieLass
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Oh, you sooooo funny Jules.

Yamaha is for speedy deer stunta's. So not gonna do it! :D

Now, go wait 10 seconds while thinking up your next crazy idea. :lol:

Pharmgirl
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I use the new posts link instead. This usually solves the problem.

dm_gsxr
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I get it occasionally when I click "New Posts". I just figured I was clicking twice because when I gave it a few seconds it'd work again.

Carl