PDA

View Full Version : Workers needed for Chicane Trackday Extravaganza Aug 30-Sept 1!

rforsythe
Fri Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
We need you! We need people to come work the trackday next weekend, which runs from Aug 30th (Saturday) through Sept 1st (Monday, Labor Day). Tasks will basically be corner flagging, and if we need the help, picking up crashed bikes after the rest are off the track.

You can work any or all three of the days, but you do need to be there the whole time (no coming and going from your corner, working a couple hours, etc) to get paid.

Wait you say, we get paid for this? Damn skippy! You'll get $100/day plus lunch for your efforts! Whatever hotel arrangements you make are up to you, but if you room with others when staying multiple days you can definitely get your expenses down considerably (or camp at the track, there are showers and it's nice and quiet at night).

Interested? Reply here or PM me with what day(s) you are committing to working. I'm sure some carpooling will make itself available as well, either with other workers, or riders who don't mind bringing a fine upstanding member of the safety crew down to help out.

One more thing - previous experience is not required! I'll give you all the details in the morning meetings.

Here are the requirements you will need to adhere to:
1. Be there at 7:30 AM. That means earlier, especially if you are habitually late.
2. Long pants and closed-toed shoes are REQUIRED, not just a good idea.
3. Absolutely no exposed clothing that is red or yellow in color. White works best just because it keeps you cool, and doesn't resemble a flag.
4. We'll do water runs and a lunch break each day, but you are welcome to bring a cooler with non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, or whatever.
5. Bring a rain poncho, just in case. We hope to have enough canopies for everyone and don't run Pueblo in the rain, but it may take a little while to pick everyone up.

Thanks, and let me know if you can come down and help us out! :up:

2wheelsgood
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Hm sounds like a cool experience, but I'm not sure I have the time. Can you post a mapquest.com link to the location please? if i could make it, would it be helpful for me to bring a fire extinguisher? (we've got a couple around the house)

regards,
robert

Sean
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/
And they generally have all of the gear needed to run a safe track day.

Ralph forgot to mention that you will also have the great honor of working side by side with me! How cool is that???

Aracheon
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
I sent ya a txt earlier this morning, Ralph. I'll work Saturday or Sunday - whichever day you need the help on.

Dizzy D
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
You also will get the pleasure of watching Elden ALMOST run into the tire wall at start/finish. (All because he was not paying attention)

JarSTriple
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
I know the event is this weekend, but how soon do you need to know if someone can make it? I may be available all three days, but I won't know until Tuesday. Let me know.

rforsythe
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
The sooner you (and I) know the better, but Tuesday is fine! Thanks!

I'll reply to everyone else's PM's and texts tomorrow. Stayed up too late working on motorcycles.

Aracheon
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Stayed up too late working on motorcycles.

:vagina:

Oh wait, we don't have that smiley. :D

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm in for Monday. Is anyone else doing just Monday from the Denver area and wants to carpool/share the cost of fuel there and back?

Let me know,
Randy

GhettoChild
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm in for Monday. Is anyone else doing just Monday from the Denver area and wants to carpool/share the cost of fuel there and back?

Let me know,
Randy

I could do Monday, might be interested.

To OP:
Do I need any experience at all or anything?

rforsythe
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Right now Monday's full up for the people we need. I do need one more for Sunday, otherwise I think we're good. :up:

GhettoChild
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
If your still looking for someone Sunday let me know, I can do then if need be.

500rgurl
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
You also will get the pleasure of watching Elden ALMOST run into the tire wall at start/finish. (All because he was not paying attention)

Can I work track Entry just to see that again!!!

eklew
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Can I work track Entry just to see that again!!!

Shut up the both of ya!!!!

jimwallace
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
do you need one more for saturday? if so a buddy of mine (also new member) wants to do it.

JarSTriple
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Well, looks like I'm out. :(

Glad you got this thing almost in the bag. :up:

rforsythe
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Right now I am full up on staff, but I will let you all know if anyone backs out and we need to fill the spot!

shift shiftly
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
O.K., I'm way late on this one but if you need someone that can commit to all three days,,, I'm there!

Let me know...

Shift,,

rforsythe
Fri Aug 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
All of you who I have on my worker-bee list: Arrival time is now about 7:30, not 7am or earlier as originally posted. Track "hot" time is 9am (I thought it was earlier) so there's no reason to get you all there at the crack of dawn.