PDA

View Full Version : Saturday "view the aspens" ride 9/13/2008

BKingRider
Sat Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
That time of year is fast-approaching: the aspens are getting ready to reveal their speldor across the Rocky Mountains. I'm putting together a speed-limit+10 or so ride along one of three possible routes depending on weather. Expect a 3 to 7 hour ride depending on which route will be accomodated by the weather.

The longest is up to Glenwood Springs and south through Aspen. The middle one is down through Kenosha pass and north from Salida. The shortest will be from I-70 up to Blackhawk, through Nederland to Estes and then back down.

This can turn into an Iron-butt ride if it's the long one and everyone should be prepared for any kind of weather, so warm clothes and rain gear are a must. I'll be on an FJR with side and tail luggage, so I can house at least some gear if anyone needs extra space.

I won't know the actual route untill the week of the 13th when we know what snow may have fallen and what the weather reports say Saturday will be like.

If you're interested, you can ping me at bkingrider@jollyrogercycles.com.

Hope to see you there.

SaShWhO
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM
sound like fun!
I'll check in as the time comes!!

asp_125
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Could be fun, I'll watch this thread. Need to work in 24 over Tennessee Pass... nice groves at Redcliff and great road.