PDA

View Full Version : Bent lower tripple tree clamp?

stumper
Tue Oct 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I have a 2000 zx6r that has seen its share of bumps and bruises.The problem i am trying to solve is the wheel base is about 2 inches shorter than spec.and the bike sits a little higher than it should.I cannot find any bends or kinks in the frame,is it possible that my lower tripple tree is bent?i have put close to 3500 miles on it and the tire shows no abnormal wear.also the forks have been checked and are straight.any suggestions would be appreciated.

stumper

Anonymous
Tue Oct 26th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Straight forks, eh?

Well, if you really want you can take the frame to Tony Martin (I can't remember his business name ... help?) and have him check it out for you to make sure it isn't bent.

One question though, can you get the forks in an out of the clamps? Put it up on rear and front stands, and try taking the forks off. If they slide out smoothly, and they're not bent, then neither are your clamps. However, it's highly unlikely that you'd bend hard parts on the bike before the forks themselves, FWIW...

BATMAN
Tue Oct 26th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Click Here for Cycleworks USA (http://www.cycleworksusa.net/)

stumper
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 08:50 AM
thanks for the link.just waiting for it to get to cold to ride and the bike is comeing in the house to get tore down.hopefully i can figure it out.thanks again for your replys.

stumper