PDA

View Full Version : my bike sometime "jumps"

Pitbull303
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
So sometimes when I really lay in to it and open up the throttle my bike seems to jump for a quick sec at higher rpms. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it? Im not sure how to better describe it other than that Ill open up the throttle and when I get up to higher rpms it kinda pops and jerks for a very quick sec than its just fine. I dont know it doesnt do it at all any other times and I havent been riding to long but I know that it is not anything that myself as the operator is doing..

rybo
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
How about a little more info:

Year
Make
Model

RPM range this happens in

Pitbull303
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
sorry

2001 gsxr 600

I wanna say 9K 10K

rybo
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
When did it start doing this?

The bike is fuel injected, so my first guess is that throttle bodies need to be synched. If it wasn't doing this before then I don't think it's a mapping issue, but it could be if you've done something like add a slip on or a K&N airfilter.

That is where I would start.

Pitbull303
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I personally have not done anything to the bike however Ive owned it only a little over a month. It does have a Akrapovic exhaust on it and as far as I know its probably been doing this since I have owned it but for the most part I just cruise around town at a lot mellower pace at which it runs with no problems what so ever. Thanks though for the response RYBO im gonna have that checked out ASAP

rforsythe
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Does it surge forward and then settle back, or does it jump up and down around where the RPM's should be? Any sort of exhaust popping, or is it just the engine moving around?

rybo
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
That clears things up quite a bit. My guess is that the bike was not re-mapped after the exhaust was put on. This could easily cause the condition that you describe.

There are a few good places around that do good dyno tuning. You may need a powercommander or something like it to totally get it right, but they are a good investment.

If you are in the denver area get in touch with the folks at Faster. If you're up north give Clarkie a ring at Moto-Garage.

I'm not sure of who to go see if you're in the springs area.

Best to you!

Scott

Pitbull303
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks a bunch...Im in Denver Ill give faster a shout

Tipys
Sun Aug 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM
SR-Tuning for people in the springs