PDA

View Full Version : Rant, StompGrip

Zanos
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I always thought dealing with the direct manufacturer of a product would be easier than going through a dealer on-line. Obviously I was wrong.

First off, not in the title, I bought rim stripes from D2Moto that was supposed to be "Suzuki Yellow." I get them and they are peach or light orange color, not yellow at all. The item was shipped back and a refund was requested. They seem to have been low hassle but I still have not got my refund.

To the topic.

I try to buy StompGrip for my tank on the new bike. I go strait to StompGrip as I though that would be less of a hassle as I have never seen StompGrip in stores (or I am looking in the wrong place). I receive my package and it is "melted" through the package, through the invoice, and melted the StompGrip. Thus, this product is absolutely no use to me because it is defective and unusable. So whatever, FedEx probably did the damage during shipping. I email StompGrip, they tell me to contact FedEx with an email that screams "We are not taking responsibility and not giving your money back." I contact FedEx claims, they say that they wont accept a claim from the receiver due to false claims. FedEx stated that they "Shipper" being StompGrip needs to make the claim. So I email them back and tell them what FedEx says.

Now I am so annoyed because I had two products that were wrong or useless to me. This time, StompGrip acts like they wont assist me, the consumer.

This is definitely the last time I will be ordering on-line strait to my residence. I will be going through a shop who can take it up with StompGrip directly. I will no longer be buying items on-line that are going to be wrong or damaged.

I am just so annoyed that Stomp wont be a good company (yes, I know, It was probably FedEx's fault) and just replace the item for me or package it better as it was in a paper envelope, with a paper invoice.

Sorry for the rant, this is just pissing me off. Even more-so when I have to jump through 50 hoops and walk on the moon before I can get a replaced product or refund.

/rant

D Berns R6
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Check out Faster! Motosports, they have a wall full of stompgrip......

Zanos
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I definately will. Thanks for the insight. Got to get a refund for this one first or see what is going to happen.

JohnEffinK
Mon Aug 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Hopefully you used a CC. Contest the charges. Take some time but a defective on-line product is still a defective on-line product.

Of course, the CC company will have required you contacted the distributer directly as a first course of action...

JOhn

D Berns R6
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 12:19 AM
if i'm not mistaken, I also believe Faster! gives CSC members 10% off...

rybo
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 07:59 AM
if i'm not mistaken, I also believe Faster! gives CSC members 10% off...

This is true!

Sully
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Rim Stripes are ghey ! :gay:.......:lol: j/k...

www.tapeworks.com (http://www.tapeworks.com) They will even send you samples if you ask nicely :)

ChrisCBX
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Rim Stripes are ghey ! :gay:.......:lol: j/k...

www.tapeworks.com (http://www.tapeworks.com) They will even send you samples if you ask nicely :)

+1 on Tapeworks. They have a wider range of colors to choose from as well.

modette99
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Actually not sure who you talked to at Fedex, but having run a business where we were a Drop ship center for Fedex and having to do a few claims I know either party can start the claim process this is what I was told by a higher ups at Fedex that handled their Drop Ship Centers as I had to ask when we did our first claim on who could start the claim.

Here go to: http://fedex.com/us/
Make a free acount and then I believe you can get to "claims"
Mouse Over Manage --> Claims Reslution

If stomgrip gives you problems, try and point them int he direction through Fedex's website (although they probably will not have the password and username)...but still worth showing them you know what needs to be done and your not a FOOL.

modette99
Tue Aug 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Here is the screen you will see once you have an account, or Stompgrips will see through their account:

See how easy they could do it for you...two seconds...LOL

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/modette99/MISC/fedexclaimsscreen.jpg