Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Scary, and yet, I want one!

http://amishgeek.com/misc/vids/automaticshotgun.wmv

Slacker
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
good for rabbit hunting :lol:

Hoopty
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Where can I get one of these things? :D My 7 shot semi auto doesn't seem so tough anymore. :cry: :lol:

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Thats a streetsweeper. I bought one of those almost 15 years ago before they banned them. I wish I would have kept it.

Anonymous
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM
They still banned now that the assault weapon thing is out of effect, jim?

Streetsweeper sounds familiar. I vaguely remember talking about one of those with someone once, but I never did see one in action until that video.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:36 PM
They still banned now that the assault weapon thing is out of effect, jim?

I don't know since I have not been keeping up on it. I bought that thing for $400 and sold it 6 months later for around $600. After the ban, they were selling for $2000.

Anonymous
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:41 PM
You might check again. Now that those sorts of things are legal again, I'm guessing the price will come down a lot.

rybo
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
If it shoots more that one round per trigger pull then it's still illegal (unless it was made before 1986)

McVaaahhh
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM
What use could you possibly have for a gun like that?

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM
If it shoots more that one round per trigger pull then it's still illegal (unless it was made before 1986)

Mine was one round per trigger pull.

Hoopty
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I don't think the ban that was lifted changed anything about shotgun laws, AFAIK that was a seperate ban.

People, get this straight. Full auto weapons are not illegal, and have never been. You need a $200 tax stamp (same with silencers) from the govt, and it takes a long time to get past the background check stuff. They are NOT illegal though, you just need to have the proper paperwork. :)

Hoopty
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 03:10 PM
McVahhhh- I could find plenty of uses for it. :D

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 03:27 PM
What use could you possibly have for a gun like that?

I knocked a couple of trees down with mine.

rybo
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 03:28 PM
People, get this straight. Full auto weapons are not illegal, and have never been. You need a $200 tax stamp (same with silencers) from the govt, and it takes a long time to get past the background check stuff. They are NOT illegal though, you just need to have the proper paperwork. :)

I oversimplified my statement. In 1986 the manufacture of new full auto weapons for sale to the public was banned. As a citizen you cannot own one that was manufactured after 86. The ones that were already made can be transfered with the tax that hoopty mentions and there are some exceptions for dealers with the proper permits to own demo models for police or military demonstrations, but these cannot be sold to the public.

I believe that shotguns with pistol grips were affected by the expiration of the ban as well as ones that could accept magazines that held more than 10 rounds.

s

shmoab
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 05:19 PM
That is not a Street Sweeper. The Street Sweeper works on a rotating cylinder similar to a revolver.
The Street Sweeper and Striker 12 were not banned under the Assault Weapons Ban but under the National Firearms Act. So they are stilled banned.

Cleveland
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 06:18 PM
damn, thats cool. :guns:

Pink Taco Hunter
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 08:23 PM
That is not a Street Sweeper. The Street Sweeper works on a rotating cylinder similar to a revolver.
The Street Sweeper and Striker 12 were not banned under the Assault Weapons Ban but under the National Firearms Act. So they are stilled banned.

thats correct!

and full auto weapons have not been available to the general public since 1926

you could how ever own one with a class 2 weapons license + form 4 "full extensive background check including fingerprints"+ cost of weapon + $200 dollar tax stamp ....

the average person does not own a street sweeper...... sorry

Pink Taco Hunter
Wed Oct 27th, 2004, 08:23 PM
OH YEA and monkeys a dumbass :lol:

:guns:

friscokidd
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
I agree, that isnt a street sweeper, but it is just as impressive. I almost bought one a while back for $500. It came with its own 50 rd drum. Honestly, my are would fall off befor i could empty a 50 rd drum of 12g rounds. :lol: And i too could find something to use that thing for :twisted:

Big-J
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:31 PM
This is a "Street Sweeper"

http://www.stormpages.com/monkeypool/SWEEPER.html