PDA

View Full Version : Indy GP

co750
Thu Aug 28th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Anybody riding or driving out to Indy for the MotoGP? I'm riding the bike and wouldn't mind some traveling buddies if others are headed that way too.

riverock
Thu Aug 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I wish

have fun out there

Mother Goose
Thu Aug 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'll be driving, but we're leaving Tuesday night.

co750
Thu Aug 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'll be working Tuesday till about 4ish and then have to drop off the dog at my friends. I was debating an evening start Tues or an early Wed departure. What time are you planning to head out?

Mother Goose
Thu Aug 28th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'll be working Tuesday till about 4ish and then have to drop off the dog at my friends. I was debating an evening start Tues or an early Wed departure. What time are you planning to head out?
Whenever I do that drive, I'll usually get off work, pack the car, sleep for a few hours then head out. I'm going to try and be on the road by 10pm. I'm taking I-76 to I-80 out towards Chicago, didn't know what direction you were heading out there.

co750
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 05:00 AM
If I follow mapquest it says to take 80 to a couple highways to catch 72 into Indy. Are you doing the trip in one shot or stopping somewhere to sleep? I'm planning on about 15 hours so I will probably hole up for some rest along the way.

pilot
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 07:25 AM
See you all out there. I'll be in the vendor section at the Lee Parks Design Booth. Stop by and say hi between races.

TWISM
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
I will be there maybe Friday, but if not for sure Sat-Sun. We will be camping too. Hope to run into some members.

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
If I follow mapquest it says to take 80 to a couple highways to catch 72 into Indy. Are you doing the trip in one shot or stopping somewhere to sleep? I'm planning on about 15 hours so I will probably hole up for some rest along the way.
The only time we'll be stopping is for gas, food and to poop.... maybe to pee, but we'll have to play that by ear. ;)

jsears1864
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Im going too.

Im supposed to be meeting a friend from south carolina there. but he's lookin iffy and i have connections there anyways so i'll be there with or without him.

im debating renting a truck to take the ninja but there is no way in hell i'd drive my bike there.

if someone is interested in hitching a ride that would be cool. saves me some gas $.

i'll probably leave thursday in the morning if im going solo, of do thursday night if i have a second driver.

anyone feel free to hit me up about a ride or just to meet up at the track. plus im also looking for tixs.

jsears1864
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
If I follow mapquest it says to take 80 to a couple highways to catch 72 into Indy.

why don't you just take I-70 straight there?????

co750
Sun Sep 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Well since I'm in cheyenne Im already on 80. And if you look at a map 70 dips down to the south and back up into indy. 80 across nebraska and then some highways to 72 and basically straight into indy is a lot faster. I have an extra ticket if you are interested. Reserved seating on turn 1, $100 face value for all three days. PM me if interested and I will save it for you.