PDA

View Full Version : More zx10r help

counterfit zx10r
Sat Aug 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
So the stator just went out on my 04 zx10r, replaced it with a complete shaft out of an 05 so it won't break again but sadly more damage was done. It seems like when the magnet touched the stator, it shorted out and from what I can find, killed the meter display (mainly the speedo and idicator lights) 2 things, first of if anyone locally has an 04/05 zx10r and would be willing to let me plug it onto my bike for a couple minutes to see if the speedo then works that would be awsome. 2nd, does anyone know if the tach off of an 06 will fit on the 05 without a ton of electrical modification?

konichd
Sat Aug 30th, 2008, 06:25 PM
A 06-07 cluster will work with some wiring modifications, best part is all of the indicators work.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27856&highlight=gauge+cluster

counterfit zx10r
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Good to know and will be worth it if I need to replace the gauge. Question still stands though, anyone else have an 04-05 zx10r that would let me plug their cluster into my bike to see if the speedo works?
I've tested everything the book says to test the speed sensor and the input/output at the ecu and cluster and it all seems to be alright, even tried swapping the ecu and still have the same problem.