PDA

View Full Version : What is this part...

Midget Hellion
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Can someone tell me what part this is, and also if it can be replaced with something less blue...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/ZuhalterVati/NameThePart.jpg

FA-Q
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 10:33 PM
It's a fork bolt or dampner.
I am sure you can find them not anodized.

shift shiftly
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM
I personally would work on
gettin the Suzuki removed!

Shift

Midget Hellion
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I personally would work on
gettin the Suzuki removed!

Shift

Noted

pilot
Sun Aug 31st, 2008, 11:27 PM
Blue Hex Nuts = Fork Preload Adjusters: clockwise more preload, counter is less preload.

They are anodized and you could hand sand them down to a metal finish.

McVaaahhh
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Preload adjusters.

Lots of options for replacing those with any color you want.

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
All these WOW douchebags. :guns:

sky_blue
Thu Sep 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Yes! WARCRAFT SPAM!

BigE
Thu Sep 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
OP, you have a couple of options.
1. Trade them to someone who has silver and wants blue.
2. Disassemble them down to just the blue parts, spray them with foaming oven cleaner, let them sit for a bit, rinse, dry and repeat until the blue is gone. Should only take one or two coatings. They will be dull grey but you won't have removed any metal like sanding does. BTW, you can use polish afterwards to make them shiny.

Midget Hellion
Thu Sep 18th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I might even consider pulling them off and going for a yellow powder coat. Glad to know there are options!

Sortarican
Thu Sep 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, you're gonna want to modify or trade yours, they're not cheap.

BigE
Fri Sep 19th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I might even consider pulling them off and going for a yellow powder coat. Glad to know there are options!

Just another FYI, with powdercoat you may have issues afterwards because of the thickness of the paint. IMHO, either swap 'em or get them anodized in a color you like.

Mel
Fri Sep 19th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Just another FYI, with powdercoat you may have issues afterwards because of the thickness of the paint. IMHO, either swap 'em or get them anodized in a color you like.

I doubt that part would have any issues powdercoated...I have my keys powdercoated and never had an issue with them...