PDA

View Full Version : Vid from Deer Creek

TheStig
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ok so hopefully I dont join the failboat here and can get this vid to work.

Just some quick info on the vid. Im on a 2007 sv650n with just exhaust. I am a pretty slow rider, especially in the straights. I try not to piss everyone off so that we can still ride the canyons without getting harrased. So yes I was going somewhat quick but probably not compared to some people on here :). The song is by the Black Keys....

Enjoy...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/retinaburn/vids/th_endofthesummercanyonfun.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v360/retinaburn/vids/?action=view&current=endofthesummercanyonfun.flv)

Sully
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
needs a password :(

TheStig
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
password may be needed, which is dazbog.

TheStig
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Try now...

Also the camera is a little Hero Go Pro or whatever they are called. Any motorcycle place sells them, and for 179.99 its awesome! Edited real quickly in iMovie.

Devaclis
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Is that what the video looks like RAW or is it a little grainy because it is up on photobucket? I have been thinking about one of those cams for a while now.

TheStig
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
its only 3 mp so its a little grainy. Although I can tell photobucket did downsize the quality a little. I think for what they are, they are great little cameras.

dirkterrell
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Is that what the video looks like RAW or is it a little grainy because it is up on photobucket? I have been thinking about one of those cams for a while now.

It's definitely better than that raw. I filmed a leisurely run up Horsepower Hill on Sunday and I'll post it up when I get home this evening.

Dirk

Devaclis
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Sweet :) Are you used to not having the LCD on the back yet Dirk? Have you tried the helmet mount yet? Not to thread jack, but I see some pretty amazing crap o nmy commute and I would LOVE to document it all :)

ihavealegohead
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Nice video... I've not looked at this cam. Does it shake at higher speed?

Just an FYI, I totalled my bike there a few weeks back on a deer at about 45mph:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24943

TheStig
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
No shaking really, its pretty steady. This was shot with the suction cup mounted on my tank.

I know I saw that man, trust me I was thinking about it all the way through!

dirkterrell
Tue Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Sweet :) Are you used to not having the LCD on the back yet Dirk? Have you tried the helmet mount yet? Not to thread jack, but I see some pretty amazing crap o nmy commute and I would LOVE to document it all :)

I consider the LCD location a mild annoyance. Have not tried the helmet mount. I've been putting it on the tank. And I have already gotten stupid drivers recorded (as you know, it isn't hard).

Dirk

mastap07
Wed Sep 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
nice vid. gotta love those canyons fo sho!

Jason ON
Wed Sep 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Nice vid.

64BonnieLass
Wed Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Great Vid. I also like the song you chose.

I love it when you guys post up videos. Makes you kinda enjoy the ride without being there. Well....actually, it really just makes me wanna go ride.

Coolio! :)

Brat
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
nice vid i even saw a sti driving down the hill. :D looked like a fun day.