PDA

View Full Version : Racers, how many sets of brake pads did you use this season?

Anonymous
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
Just curious - I got through the entire season on 1 set of Performance Friction pads. :up: That's 4 track days, 8 Saturday Practice sessions, 3 endurance races, 10 race days (@ 3 races/day, minus about 3-4 races for the ones I crashed out of :oops: ).

I know this is a poll, but please also post a reply with your answer, what type of brake pads you run, & how many races you ran.

8)

The GECCO
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
I change my brake pads everytime I change my tires (every race weekend). You don't realize how bad they fall off until you put a new set in. Proper bedding in is CRITICAL and you should have the rotors bead blasted 2 or 3 times a season.

I use the EBC HH "Kit" pads and EBC "Kit" rotors....

12pointracing
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 07:41 PM
...I used to go through that many brake pads too until I switched to a real brake pad. :)

(Performance Frictions rock. Ferodo's get my $$ however because they pay contingency)

Lel
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 08:33 PM
2 sets of PF's, they rock! (i did tell a difference, if not only in my confidence in them when i put in the new set)

jason

Lurch
Mon Nov 1st, 2004, 09:33 PM
I went through 4 or 5 sets before the season started trying to find something that A. worked and B. didn't make a shit load of brake squeal. I tried Galfer,Performance Friction,Feredo's and stock. I ended up running Kawasaki Zx-6RR pads in my GSXR. They are the same pads as the Suzuki but I know someone in a Kawi shop so I get a better discount.

Lurch

RSVR4aCowboy
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:24 AM
i switched to the Performance Friction after the first race and made it through the season, tho' the season was a total of 6 races due to injuries substained mid season. Probably would have replaced once if I had made all 10 weekends.

Anonymous
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
One set of PF pads... Though the bike didn't see tons of action this season. They'll last a while longer but I'm gonna put in a new set before the start of next season.

hcr25
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Im with Glenn,
New set every weekend and EBC kit pads.
My question is if you guys only used 1 maybe 2 sets of brake pads,how often did you change your brake fluid?? :shock:
Mike

*MV* #33
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
I used 2 sets all season. I changed my brake fluid atleast once a weekend sometimes twice. I used Vesrah and they kick ass... and also pay contingency.

MV

Lurch
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:07 PM
change your brake fluid?? :shock:
Mike

Brake fluid what the F is that.

Lurch

RSVR4aCowboy
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I didn't have to use my brakes alot at the speeds I was running :lol: Bled my brakes every two race weekends at same time I changed the oil. Where I slacked off was cleaning the rotors :oops: Think I'll buy a bench top bead blaster for next season.

Hoopty
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:36 AM
I ran the EBC HH Kit pads on the F3, and I switched them out for race 5. I didn't feel the need to replace them, I just had some contingency $ to spend. :D The new pads did seem to grab better, but not enough for me to swap them out every weekend.

BlueDevil
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
I also used 2 sets. EBC Kit pads. I actually did need to change them. 1 practice day I was all of the sudden pulling the handle to the bar with little grab.... Got changed the next day. The set I have doesnt feel like they need changed butnone the less before the season starts they will be done along with new fluid.

My fluid was replaced 2 times this season. I did 6 race weekends.

Devil954
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
I used 1set of stock and one set of EBC HH and changed my fluid once and didnt notice any real difference in the pads .

Hoopty
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Maybe if you got on the gas hard enough to need brakes, you would have felt a difference. :doublefinger: :lol:

Devil954
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Maybe if you rode something that in a straght away didnt need you to put your feet on the ground to get it going you wouldnt be such a hater :lol: :321: oh yeah you did ride something with a little horsepower it was an R6 if everyone would please direct their attention to hoopty's avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoopty
Fri Nov 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
:doublefinger: Wise ass! :lol: