PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get their Colorado Pass yesterday?

~Barn~
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
:hump:

Ughh! RFID For The Win!

Ninja Nate
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Not yet, finances aren't ready for it.

But congrats to you! :up:

tm06r1
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
how much, which mountains

~Barn~
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
how much, which mountains

Clickith. (http://www.snow.com/passsales/)

Player 2
Thu Sep 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Renewed online and they're supposed to pull the final balance next week and drop mine in the mail.... :up:

200sr20
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Looks like my CC will have to take another hit.

JustSomeDude
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Damn, I remember when I first moved to Colorado in 1999 the Buddy pass was $239. Kinda crazy how much it's gone up since then... but all things considered, it's STILL a sick deal!!

:hump:

rybo
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 07:31 AM
When I worked at the resorts in 1992 a Winter Park (only) pass was about $700....

Zanos
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I got my pass at Sniagrab!!!

I am ready to rock an roll. Without a girl. I will be living in the mountains.

Let me know when we can go Brandon!!!!

~Barn~
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Yo Aaron. I'm pretty sure that I going to be doing some early season night skiing up at Keystone this season. I'm working down South now, so it won't be a thing to throw my gear in the car before I leave for work, and then hit it up direct, after I get out.

Other than that, I'm a weekender. I wish I wasn't, but....

Matty
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
got mine... for FREE!!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

Canuck
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM
got mine... for FREE!!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

I sure hope that me dropping over $500 with your name attatched to it helped in that feat.

mclarke
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I must admit, I am not happy about the RFID thing....

~Barn~
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I know RF technology in general is kinda egh... I don't like being tracked for things like purchases and the like, either.

But I have to say! I do like the idea of keeping my pass firmly zipped-up in jacket pocket, and having them scan it through my clothes, instead of it hanging it on a lanyard that might fail. :dunno:

Sully
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Finally renewed mine on line this week... :bananna:... Can anyone confirm whether or not there will be 36 hours of Keystone this year and if so, what are the dates? Either way, I suggest we get a house or condo and do a weekender at Keystone or Breck.... Who's in ? :hump:... :)

Shea
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Finally renewed mine on line this week... :bananna:...

'bout fracking time chick :)

Can anyone confirm whether or not there will be 36 hours of Keystone this year and if so, what are the dates? Either way, I suggest we get a house or condo and do a weekender at Keystone or Breck.... Who's in ? :hump:... :)

<raises his hand>

Sully
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Well, since I made a deal with the devil :devil2:, I was still paying him off...sigh..

Big-J
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Damn, I have been slacking on that and haven't renewed yet! I think Im going to have to pay a little more now!:( Fuck it though, I go so much it still pays for itself the first part of the season.
Im looking forward to hitting the slopes! We should get another group together this year for the 36 hours of Keystone, that was fun last year! :siesta::drink:

Shea
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Well, since I made a deal with the devil :devil2:, I was still paying him off...sigh..

Yeah and your payment hasn't hit my bank account yet :)

Ninja Nate
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
What's this 36 hour Keystone thing?

~Barn~
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
What's this 36 hour Keystone thing?

Clickith! (http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/15343)

It's info from a past season, but it gives you the general idea.
(Think: Keystone is operational for 36 consecutive hours.)

Sortarican
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm going to get one.
I get every other Friday off which get's me two weekday outings a month.

.. I suggest we get a house or condo and do a weekender at Keystone or Breck.... Who's in ? :hump:... :)

Planning several ski weekends up at the cabin in Fairplay this season.
Keep your dance card open.

..I think Im going to have to pay a little more now!

Did the price go up after last weekend?

Ninja Nate
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Clickith! (http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/15343)

It's info from a past season, but it gives you the general idea.
(Think: Keystone is operational for 36 consecutive hours.)

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a blast, I'm definitely in for this!

Big-J
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Did the price go up after last weekend?

It usually goes up after a certain date, but I really don't know when, Im just going by what someone told me.

Sortarican
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
It usually goes up after a certain date, but I really don't know when, Im just going by what someone told me.

Yeah, I thought after the SNIAGRAB weekend it went up.

Sully
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
They extended the renewal price up until last night (so they said), but who knows, you may be able to just call them, tell them you forgot to renew and they may let you at the lower price of $439+ $3.95 S&H. :dunno:

Canuck
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Vail resorts always threatens to increase the price and don't until right before the opening dates. When they do rise rates it is usually a jump of $20. I am one of those smucks that waits until the last weekend that they are on sale before I renew online.

Sully
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Beaver Creek and Vail BITCHES !!! :yumyum: DOOOO EEET !

inkahootz
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
im so excited for this season! not in dallas so BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!
im up for any weekend in breck (its my fav), just let me know when you kids plan something -- id love to tag along.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
She's speaking for me too when it comes to tagging along!

Canuck
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Are you actually going to do it this year?

inkahootz
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
ooops, sorry hunny bunny -- of course i meant you too, sorry :(

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Are you actually going to do it this year?
Plan'n on it
! How I'm gonna pay for it is another issue...
Maybe I could whore myself out to 1000 fat chicks for 10 bucks. Or 10 REALLY fat chicks for 1000 bucks...

What? Fat chicks need love too! But they gotta pay...

Stuart Little
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hmm I may have to wait to renew mine, can I wait til like early november and still pay the same renewal price anyone know? I should know if I'll be moving outta state by then but I got apps in to a bunch of local LEA's so hopefully i'll be stayin put.

Spinalhaven
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I didn't use the one from last year. I is a suck

Matty
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
36 Hours Of Keystone is NOT happening this year.

To many drunk people ruined it.

Matty
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Passes went up today...

only $20, but it could go up again.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM
<snip...> but it could go up again.

It will... It always goes up a couple 2 or 3 times after their initial renewal offering, before they settle in on their final price that carries out through when sales end.

I say expect at least 1 more price bump.

Big-J
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
36 Hours Of Keystone is NOT happening this year.

To many drunk people ruined it.

I guess you're right, no 36 hours this year! I guess they are just having another deal called Friday night lights with concerts, parties, and other activities. Either way, weekend trips are awesome! :drink::siesta:

Matty
Fri Sep 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I guess you're right, no 36 hours this year! I guess they are just having another deal called Friday night lights with concerts, parties, and other activities. Either way, weekend trips are awesome! :drink::siesta:

ya last years festivities was a good time. More fun was trying not to slip on the snow with my crutches. lol.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
As pumped as I was for getting my pass in the mail, I was equally un-pumped this morning, when I logged into "online banking" and saw that Vail resorts actually charged me for it.
:puke:

09/20/08 VAIL POS RESORT CHG VAIL CO $390.00

Not that I didn't think they would, but still.....

Buzzkill. :lol:

Sully
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
I got mine in the mail this weekend !!! WHOOT ! :bananna:

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Damn, I still haven't renewed my pass!:| Sucks Im going to have to change my picture on my pass though, I have had the same pass for 7 years!

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Where's the best place to get a CO Pass, just outta curiosity?

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Damn, I still haven't renewed my pass!:| Sucks Im going to have to change my picture on my pass though, I have had the same pass for 7 years!

You shouldn't have to change your picture. When I got this newest one in the mail, they just recycled my pic from previous years.

If a person wanted to change it, they'd probably have to go to a retailer as if you were getting a brand new pass, and that way they could take a new shot of you. :dunno:

Whichever place is closest. :yes:

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Im pretty sure you can just do it online. Colorado Ski & Golf is where I got mine, Im sure you can get one at Sports Authority. It really doesn't matter where you get it though, its still the same price.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
If you don't have a previous one to renew Chris, you will have to go to a store, so they can snap a shot of you. But like J- said, it's all the same price, so go wherever is convenient.

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
You shouldn't have to change your picture. When I got this newest one in the mail, they just recycled my pic from previous years.

If a person wanted to change their picture, they'd probably have to go to a retailer as if you were getting a brand new pass, so they can take a new shot of you.

For some reason I thought I had to change my pic, I don't know why I was thinking that.
You can change it online though, you don't have to go in to a retailer.

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Sweet! I'll probby nab it this week then!

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
You can change it online though, you don't have to go in to a retailer.

Nice! Link me to that if you can, cause mine is a few years old, and I'd like to change it.

When I renewed online, I don't remember being given a chance to send in a newie, but if I can, I'm submiting one of........ Tom Selleck.

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Just log on to your account, and you should have that option somewhere. Not sure you can change it after they have already sent you a new pass though.

Sully
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
When I renewed on line, the picture was there, but they did not have an option to change it. Had details about it, but no option... jerks ! lol :scream1:

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Looks like snow.com is getting a revamp. There is a link to "My Account", but it's a broken link for now. I'm glad too, because their account interface has always sucked.

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
You're right, Sully. That feature is for new customers only, not for people who already have a picture on file. My bad :)

rybo
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Is there any way to get just a keystone pass this season? I'd like to do some night skiing maybe, but love my Winter Park pass as I've skied there for years. Thinking of buying both a WP and a keystone pass for this season, but can only find a link to the "epic" pass.

Any suggestions?

s

Matty
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Chris I'll be over at Colorado Ski and Golf tonite from 4 - 8pm in Aurora. It's on the corner of Parker and Havana. Right down the street from Vickery Motorsports.

the Colorado Pass is currently $449 till about early October then it will go up another $10-20.

Matty
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Is there any way to get just a keystone pass this season? I'd like to do some night skiing maybe, but love my Winter Park pass as I've skied there for years. Thinking of buying both a WP and a keystone pass for this season, but can only find a link to the "epic" pass.

Any suggestions?

s

they sell a 3 mountain pass. Keystone, Breck, and A-basin. but for 40 more bux you get 10 free days to use at either Vail or Beaver Creek.

Not sure if they sell just a Keystone Pass.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hey Scott. Here's (http://www.snow.com/passsales/summit%20pass.aspx) info about that 3-mountain pass that Matty talked about. It's referred to as the "Summit Pass", as opposed to the Colorado Pass, which includes those 10 Vail/B.C. days.

I doubt they'll have a Keystone-only pass outside of this.

rybo
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys

Matrix
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM

Any suggestions?

s

4 Pack is probably your best option. Last year they were around $100 if you got them early.

Matty
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Like i mentioned in previous posts...

if anybody needs any snowboard gear, ie, board, boots, bindings, etc... let me know. I can hook ya up and probably save you a good amount of cash.

Big-J
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Like i mentioned in previous posts...

if anybody needs any snowboard gear, ie, board, boots, bindings, etc... let me know. I can hook ya up and probably save you a good amount of cash.

What kind of deals can you get? I really don't need anything, but if the price is right, I may want to upgrade some gear.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
"Warrior needs boots.... Baaaaadly!"

[/Gauntlet]

Sully
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
:idea: Can you get replacement lenses for Oakley goggles ?

Matty
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
What kind of deals can you get? I really don't need anything, but if the price is right, I may want to upgrade some gear.

i have the ability to lower prices and help my friends out. on NEW 2009 equipment probably could drop the price of boots and bindings by $10-20. Boards somewhere in the $20 off. For last years equipment, even more of a discount.

:idea: Can you get replacement lenses for Oakley goggles ?
for myself yes. for others probably discounted but not for free. sorry girl.

Sully
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'm not asking for free, just wanted to know if they are available for you to get and if so, what type of discount. Those damn things are F'n $70+

bodhizafa
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Looks like my CC will have to take another hit.

Same here. This thread reminds me to buy it tonite.

Matty
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not asking for free, just wanted to know if they are available for you to get and if so, what type of discount. Those damn things are F'n $70+i'll see what i can find out.. which lens you got?

Sully
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
A-Frame, blue iridium :) Thanks !

wankel7
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Am I the only person who does the copper mountain / wp pass?

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I'll be getting a SummitPass this season. I'm looking forward to 15-20 days of fun this winter. I'll be anxious to compare the resorts to Mammoth and Kirkwood.

Big-J
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
You should throw in the extra cash for the Colorado Pass, its probably the best deal ever! Vail is freakin awesome and so is Beaver Creek, but its about $90+ for a lift ticket. For only $450, you're getting 10 days at eaither resport, and you have unlimited days at AB,KS,AND BR.

mclarke
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Plus J and I roll up at least once a weekend!

Big-J
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:02 AM

:rock:

Matty
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'll be getting a SummitPass this season. I'm looking forward to 15-20 days of fun this winter. I'll be anxious to compare the resorts to Mammoth and Kirkwood.
Mammoth = Vail (Vail is a lil bigger and has far less wind.) Only thing i hated about Mammoth was the wind.

Kirkwood = Breckenridge (identical in size).

Matty
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM

:rock:
just let me know when you're rolling and i'm there.

mclarke
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Well since you can ride this year buddy you are always more then welcome to ride with us as well! Same with barn, but his ass can never get outta bed for 1st chair!

Big-J
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Well since you can ride this year buddy you are always more then welcome to ride with us as well! Same with barn, but his ass can never get outta bed for 1st chair!

Werd.
Anyone else aswell, you just have to be good to go early and if you can hang you can ride with us also!:D

~Barn~
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:46 AM

Pfft... J- "rolls up" once or twice a day!
:siesta:

mclarke
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Maybe we will skip the morning beers this year....

Nahhhhh!

I think I need to buy a roof rack now!

~Barn~
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Same with barn, but his ass can never get outta bed for 1st chair!

Hey fugger!... I did 1st-chair with you guys once last season!

Maybe we will skip the morning beers this year....

That may have been the worst idea of them all.

Yeah, it was mildly cool, being mollered by the time we hit Floyd Hill, but next time remind me to increase my H20 intake.
:no:

Big-J
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hey fugger!... I did 1st-chair with you guys once last season!

once out of about 20! :no:

~Barn~
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
It's not my bag baby. I ski better, when I wake up and it's actually light outside.

Big-J
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
:down: sleep when you're dead!

Matty
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
:down: sleep when you're dead!
:imwithstupid:

Stuart Little
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I wanna get one, and will probably force myself to before the next increase deadline in octoberish... but bein jobless this isn't really a necessity but it is cheap entertainment...hmm

bodhizafa
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Just picked up a new shiny Colorado Pass. Whooooohoooo!

Sales lady said they are going to go up again on Oct. 12th.

Player 2
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Just picked up a new shiny Colorado Pass. Whooooohoooo!
:cheers:

So who is up for midweek skiing once the season gets underway?

Big-J
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM

If its a powder day, Im down!:headbang:

bodhizafa
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I was hoping for a lot of midweek riding, I work a lot of weekends.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
If by "midweek", you mean Night Carving at Keystone. :D

And hey Jon, I'm gonna PayPal you that beer-fund $$. Tell me again what your best addy is. Shoot me an off-liner or something. :up:

Stuart Little
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Imma pick mine up in the next few days before the next hike, I'll justify the increase as I'm gonna pick up a job a few days a week, then probably go back to college for a CIS degree so I should be free a lot of midweek and a lot of weekend too.

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I picked up a 4-pack on Friday, so I'll be down for a few days @ Keystone or A-Basin. :D

Player 2
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
If by "midweek", you mean Night Carving at Keystone. :D
I'm sure I could be talked into that. Not quite what I had in mind but can definitely be worked into the schedule :up:

Matty
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM

I was hoping for a lot of midweek riding, I work a lot of weekends.

i'll be up riding mid-week, twice a week once the season starts... let me know.

bodhizafa
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Day, Night..................... whichever.

Stuart Little
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Werd.
Anyone else aswell, you just have to be good to go early and if you can hang you can ride with us also!:D

You know I'll be down

Also I have a yakima rack and two sets of ski racks so I'm down to switch off driving responsibilities with everyone so 4 people, boards, and gear would fit great in my car.

Matty
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Day, Night..................... whichever.
more of a day person, but don't mind hitting up a few Keystone nights.

Wooooo Hooooo, 3,000 posts!!!!

Big-J
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Anyone else besides Stewy wanna go? :lol:

j/k Stew :doublefinger:

Gregger
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm down midweek too. Got my Colorado pass and have weds-sat nights off!

Matty
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:08 PM

just let me know when...

GregsGSXR
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I got mine...NOW SNOW DAMMIT!!!!!

Gregger
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I got mine...NOW SNOW DAMMIT!!!!!

Looks like Friday/Saturday your wish will be granted.

Stuart Little
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM
more of a day person, but don't mind hitting up a few Keystone nights.

Wooooo Hooooo, 3,000 posts!!!!

Wooo hooo, almost 1,400 :) in 4 years!

Alright, round two!!! :turtle: :vader: