PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I need tires...

Dogsbody
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I was cleaning the bike just before I headed out for a ride and found the rear tire was low. Located the culprit (a staple). First thought was to plug the tire and still go ride but after reading numerous posts on here, I've decided to get some new shoes. Bike is an '08 Kaw ZX10R and I commute on it daily (45 miles each way). I'm inclined to go the dual compound route (stock Bridgestone Battleaxes 190/55/17 - 120/70/17). Any recommendations on what brand and where I might find some locally?

Thanks...

Sully
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Depending on where your located... you could try calling Jim at TFOG, more than likely they can get you in and out today. :up: There is also Faster Motorsports, but I hear they get pretty busy, but you can call and talk to Mike. There is always Grand Prix also, I hear some people get good deals on tires there..

Sully
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Also, it's less if you just have them mount your tires as opposed to on the bike.

64BonnieLass
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Yep, call Jim at TFOG in Golden. Super guy. I even think his username is TFOG on here isn't it? (not sure)

Sully
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
It's TFOGGuys :up: He can recommend a good commuter tire.

vegasbound
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
TFog got me in on a Saturday, and I called on the Saturday afternoon give them a call maybe they can get you in today...

Moveman
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hit up grandprix man they run 1/2 price on the dunlap's all day every day an I'm pretty there still runing half off on the install to.

counterfit zx10r
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Damn, too bad I didn't see this till now, we have Dunlops at buy one get one free and can do them while you wait. Same thing here too, mounting is half priced if you bring in just the tires. Also have some killer deals on Pilot Powers and 2CT's too.