PDA

View Full Version : applied plastics powdercoating!

Kole.S
Sat Sep 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
about 7 months ago I took my bike to applied plastics powdercoating in wheat ridge. As you can see my bike is green but my original color was transparent gold. Paid them 600$ to do my frame/ wheels cause transparent colors are more expensive. So they get it done, looked horrible every different peice were different tones in color, plus it had runs in it. How do you get runs in powdercoating i mean they were really bad. Anyway I said I guess your not good enough to do transparent colors so all they offerd me was to do another color and not give me any money back. OK whatever why fight and get no where unless i want to take them to court, and i dont want to waist my time. So I had them do a granny smith green, with glitter in the clear. Not as bad as the gold but pretty bad if you ever look at my bike close. Plus i said DO NOT DO NOT powdercoat over my VIN, i told them 20 times not too, well of course they did and a few numbers you cant see. Also said do not sandblast inside my steering stem, i even marked the shit with a permanent marker, and they did that to. I had a hell of a time geting the bearingsback in, its machined for a reason. Anyway i said fuck it, put my bike together and posted on every forum i could for colorado what they did. So hopfully i save somone from geting fucked, live and learn...... Kole :hibye:

Moveman
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM
That's sucks man, arent you tryin to sell that bike? well anyway thanks for the tip I'm looking to get my bike traler powdercoated so il definitely not hit them up..

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Shoulda called me. :D

That sucks they dropped the ball. I, personally, don't have any experience with transparent colors, but I can see that you could definitely get some variance in the color. How much, I don't know, but it shouldn't be a different color for sure.

If you need something else done, gimme a shout, I'm a hell of a lot cheaper than those guys for sure.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20887

rybo
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Shoulda called me. :D

That sucks they dropped the ball. I, personally, don't have any experience with transparent colors, but I can see that you could definitely get some variance in the color. How much, I don't know, but it shouldn't be a different color for sure.

If you need something else done, gimme a shout, I'm a hell of a lot cheaper than those guys for sure.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20887

And Brian does top notch work