PDA

View Full Version : Sand Dunes

Durt
Sun Sep 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I just got back from hitting the North Sand Hills, and that was my first experience riding on dunes. And as fun as it was, it left me wanting for some bigger dunes. so im planning a trip out to someplace like Killpecker or Glamis or St. Anthony or something, haven't really decided yet. but would anyone else be up for a trip to someplace along those lines with us?

This would be at the very least a three day trip, since most of the dunes that would be on the list are about a day or less worth of driving, leaving one full day of riding and one more to head back.

Anyone interested?

06sv1000s
Sun Sep 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Can't go but if I can give you any advice go to St Anthony. Dirt Wheels rated that #2 for dunes in the states and they are HUGE. Glamis has some decent dunes but the experience and being able to say you went to Glamis is the best part. If you want BIG dunes go St Anthony. I'll see if i can dig up some pics from my last trip(6yrs ago before I joined the Air Force). But they have made improvements to the facilities and campgrounds from what my friends that still ride say. I don't know how much further glamis is but you won't be disappointed w/St Anthony!

Durt
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
yeah, i was looking at some vidz on youtube and St. Anthony's hit home the best as far as biking went.

Moveman
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
When are you looking at going? have not been able to get out on the dirt to much this year it would be nice to take a trip an hit some dunes before the snow sets in..

Durt
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
well im going to call idaho's info line to see what the weather is like in St. Anthony during october, since thats pretty much the only time i can make it anywhere. if it looks like its going to be too cold to enjoy, then we'll switch over to Glamis or something. but definetely looking at october.

Moveman
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 01:46 PM
keep me posted if it's over a weekend that works really well for me.

wazemoto07
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Goin to Glamis for Halloween and you wanna talk "Dunes" enough to make you.... well ya. Flippen cool and going to take the ol 92 quadzilla 500 that I cant even kick at sea level at 160 lbs. Once she starts, Hell and beyond baby, no body, I mean nobody can beat the ol, Grey and underway of the Grouch in him. I'm in and let me know, pm me.

Durt
Mon Sep 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
were concentrating on St. Anthony, so as soon as i find out what the weather's gonna be like up there we'll be able to say for sure that its going to be st. anthony. if it looks like the weather isnt going to let us enjoy it (which i doubt), waze maybe we can hook up with you when you head down to glamis?

Durt
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
so far Oct 10-12 seems to be the likely dates

R1chie
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Personally, I like Dumont Dunes. You hit Las Vegas, have some fun there at night, head down to Dumont in the morning spend a day or two, head back to Vegas. I have been there serveral times and it is a blast, it has some steep dunes and some killer bowl to bowl sweeps. Or you could try it on the way or way back from Glamis.

St Anthony sounds fun, is there anything to do in Idaho Falls?

Durt
Wed Sep 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
i read about it online and it listed a museum as a major attraction, so im gonna go ahead and say that no, there's nothing to do in Idaho Falls. besides, were probably gonna spend all day at the dunes, then maybe head down town at night.

Durt
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
we're only about a week away from this, is anyone gonna join us?