PDA

View Full Version : Dear God

Devaclis
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Dear God,
I am an 83-year-old widow living on a very small pension. Yesterday, someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension check. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited 2 of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

The postal worker was touched, and went around showing the letter to all the others. Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96 which they put into an envelope and sent over to her. The rest of the day, all the workers felt the warm glow of the kind thing they had done. Christmas came and went and a few days later came another letter from the old lady to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read:

Dear God,
How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?
Because of your gift of love I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it must have been those thieving bastards at the Post Office.

R1ch
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
:lol:

Cleveland
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
:spit:

Jenny
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 05:49 PM
hahah that's cute :)