PDA

View Full Version : local triumph dealers

kevplus2
Tue Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:43 PM
looks like i will be in the market for a new bike next year (beginning of the season) and really like the 05 speed triple. seems like there isnt a triumph dealer on every street corner like the big 4.

any suggestions on which local triumph dealer to check into? i searched and read a few posts about erico and it seemed to be about 50/50.

thx

kevplus2
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:58 PM
anyone?

Anonymous
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Erico is the only local licensed Triumph dealer that I'm aware of - http://www.ericomotorsports.com/

rybo
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Foothills BMW also sells Triumphs. A friend of mine purchased a beemer there and couldn't be happier with the service. I think the salesperson he worked with was named John. If that turns out to be not true I'll edit my post, but I'm pretty sure.

http://foothillsbmw.com/

Anonymous
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks Scott - Ripper (or whatever his current screen name is now) works there. :up:

Just because there was some nasty stuff posted about Erico a while back (and eluded to in a recent thread about them), I'd keep my options open. 8)

T-byrd
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
I've heard a lot of people rip Erico, but I have to say I've never had a negative experience with anyone there. We've bought 2 bikes there and have been extremely happy with them, I'll definitely go back when it's time for a new one.

Tanya

kevplus2
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:20 PM
thx for the replies all. i have been watching the erico threads and keeping an open mind. as with any dealer, you are gonna have those with great and terrible experiences.

Hozerking
Wed Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:04 PM
Personally I don't like Erico cause they screwed me over when I first moved out to denver! ... I guess I should blame myself! I was ignorant! well it won't happen ever again!

My experience is with their service department! so that is the only thing I can comment on! :down: I can elaborate if you want.

-al

BigE
Fri Nov 5th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Like I've said before the only thing I didn't like about erico is/was the Snob attitude, which seems like it's getting better lately :)
I've gotten parts at Foothills and Erico (since I do my own service work) and foothills prices were slightly higher but they had the parts instead of waiting for them.
If you want a Triumph (which is an awesome bike!!!! :D )just be prepared to have to wait for parts when needed.

But also be set to have a SWEET ride!!!!! :D :D :D