PDA

View Full Version : Is this rivet done properly??

VailCBRider
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Ahhh... I do love the forums! So today I've installed my rivet type chain and need to know from the intelligent masses wether or not I did this properly. I've attached a few photos so you can see my rivet job. To me I felt like I tweaked the hell outta these to get the rivet to set properly but let me know what you think.

Once again thanks for all your help guys and gals!

dragos13
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
The tail of the rivet looks to be pressed ok. How does everything look from the top? Is the master link in line with the rest of the links?

VailCBRider
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I threw the bike up on the ctr stand and put the bike in gear and let it spin for a min or 2. Everything seems to be inline and workin well w/ no binding. Just wanted to be sure the links were pressed properly.

Thanks for the input!

rybo
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Looks good Kevin,

So long as that link isn't binding in any way it will hold together nicely.

On a side note, for years I've had a motion pro tool for doing chains that recently broke. I replaced it with the DID chain tool (at more than twice the cost) and have to say that it is a far superior tool. The rivets come out perfect EVERY TIME! It is such a joy to use supreme quality tools!

Northern Colorado Euro motorcycles (www.bmwducati.com (http://www.bmwducati.com)) was able to order the tool for me. It took some work to find it, it's a bit rare I guess, but brad and crew up there did a great job and got it quickly!

Scott

VailCBRider
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I'm using the motion pro tool. Good to kow on the DID tool cause I borrowed this one and like the stuff it has in it but would like something that has a lil better feel in the hands. Thanks for the info

Moveman
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Looks better than mine an mine has been holding for a few thousand miles..