PDA

View Full Version : Dual Sport Ride Colorado Springs

Bashed
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Looking at a dual sport ride out of the Springs this Saturday or Sunday.
Don't really know how many of you sportbikers cross ride onto street legal dirt. I have done this ride a few times this year and will eat up the better part of a day.Leave the Springs mid morning to let the hills warm up a bit.

Head straight west up Old Stage to Gold Camp.

Gold Camp into Victor and then over to Cripple Creek.

Cripple Creek to Canyon City via Shelf Road.

Lunch in Canyon City and then back up into Victor via Phantom Canyon Rd.

Back down into C Springs the way we came in,Gold Camp/Old Stage Rd.

My wife will be going so there is really nothing tough and or unusally challenging. Mostly graded dirt with a bit of asphalt. The aspens are about to start changing and this is more or less a scouting trip.

Let me know. I know one rider has a new bike and we need to break it in proper.

OK peeps, it looks like Saturday is the day.
Meet @ the....

Western Omlette
16 South Walnut

This is basicly Colorado and Walnut

10:00 AM for some good greasy food
11:00 AM wheels are roll'in.

if you guys don't mind one little tough section
we can roll over the tunnel on Gold Camp or
go around to Old Stage Road. We can decide
in the morning. See you suck'as then.

Peace Bash

Ninja Nate
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'll be up for every dual sport ride next spring once i have my Husky :up:

PharmerKyle
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I gotta clear it with my people.

The DR-z wants in, but this sounds like GS turf.

PharmerKyle
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
My wife will be going so there is really nothing tough and or unusally challenging. Mostly graded dirt with a bit of asphalt. The aspens are about to start changing and this is more or less a scouting trip.
Hey, this kind of post should be somewhere else. It's clearly not SoCO enough to be in Regional. It can't be Trips & Touring since it's not an overnighter. I have to argue against "carving" when it comes to dirt and especially if you're going to refer to it as a "scouting" dealie.

Moderators! Move this thread immediately. It clearly belongs to another sector where people meet & mosey about in a social way.

better yet... DUAL SPORT SCOUTING DEALIE SUB-FORUM NOW!

Tipys
Tue Sep 9th, 2008, 08:03 PM
But really being on dirt you doing more craving of the canyons then any sport bike does. other then the ones that feel they need to do a little off roading

Bashed
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM
PharmerKyle, you are such a rebel.
This is an interesting thing though as it really
has no place anywhere. I like your thinking on it's own forum.
Lets take that one more and give it it's own web site.
I move for a new site for this thread!

Peace Bash

PharmerKyle
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I move for a new site for this thread!
Yes, clearly you need to post this on the FTA, MHM, RR and other forums.

I will do my part by making a flyer to staple to my one emplyee that hangs out at the Shell. Gotta get the word out...

Has Mental even answered this thing yet????

I apologize if I'm speaking out of turn. I still need to get with my people on this.

zetaetatheta
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Count me in.....Where is mental and his new ride?

Bashed
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Count me in.....Where is mental and his new ride?

Thats who I was refering to.

Mentalllll, OH Mentalllll!!!

Come out to play.

Drift
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Don't forget the (belongs in another forum...I know) social event that we are having on Sunday...the Indianapolis GP...1pm...races and food...:yumyum:

Ciao,
Drift

Bashed
Wed Sep 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Don't forget the (belongs in another forum...I know) social event that we are having on Sunday...the Indianapolis GP...1pm...races and food...:yumyum:

Ciao,
Drift

Good looking out there Drift!

Looks like this is on for Saturday people.

Or we leave early on Sunday to be back in time for the social event.

PharmerKyle
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
The GS got borrowed as a part donor. I should get it back tonight, but it depends on replacement part arrival. We had to get a traveller back on the road.

The DR-z has a headache andit might rain... and WHERE THE HEKK IZ MENTAL?

Bashed
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
The GS got borrowed as a part donor. I should get it back tonight, but it depends on replacement part arrival. We had to get a traveller back on the road.

The DR-z has a headache andit might rain... and WHERE THE HEKK IZ MENTAL?

Soooooo, does that mean you are a lock for in?
I went by your place of employment yesterday
and the DRZ just looked pissed off out there by
itself. No doubt it has a headache. It is not made
of sugar though so it will not dissolve in the rain.
I don't care what it keeps telling you.

PMing Mental.

Mental
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Got he PM, I'm in. Thanks for the heads up! I vote Saturday so we don't misses Drift's Moto GP party

But I would aurgue we need an ADV section.
If only I knew a moderator...you know, someone who could be bribed with energy drinks....

Tipys
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Yup it only took you 3 days to see it. And there is a mod that we can bride with enrgy drinks. WTF

Bashed
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
OK peeps, it looks like Saturday is the day.
Meet @ the....

Western Omlette
16 South Walnut

This is basicly Colorado and Walnut

10:00 AM for some good greasy food
11:00 AM wheels are roll'in.

if you guys don't mind one little tough section
we can roll over the tunnel on Gold Camp or
go around to Old Stage Road. We can decide
in the morning. See you suck'as then.

Peace Bash

PharmerKyle
Thu Sep 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Soooooo, does that mean you are a lock for in?
My people finally got together and had a meeting.

I'm IN!

...she's not.

"I'd be more than willing to dabble on the DR-z a little bit, but that whole day up and back crap's just too much for my n00b ass." - PharmaWife

In other words, she doesn't think Chrissy's thought this through.:crazy:

636chick
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
In other words, she doesn't think Chrissy's thought this through.:crazy:

Oh Krissy was sayin HELL NO!!!!! after she read this thread and asked Mr Bash "I'm goin???????"

Seeing as how I have been on a self proclaimed strike around the house, Bash crossed the picket line last night and said he was going to do laundry which frankly scares the hell outta me so I am out for this adventure because I must reclaim my domestic side :cry::cry::cry:

PharmerKyle
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
... so I am out for this adventure because I must reclaim my domestic side :cry::cry::cry:
Bawk b'gawk much???

:lol:

636chick
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Bawk b'gawk much???

:lol:

Alway's!!!!!!!!

Uhmmm have you met my husband............?????????

GregsGSXR
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I am 90% on this one...bringing the DR, should be fun. Don't wait for me if I am not there. I hate waiting for that "one more guy should be here". What is the exit i need to take going southbound on I-25? I tried to map quest it and it didn't help at all. I am coming from Littleton if anyone from the Denver south wants to meet up and ride down together.

GregsGSXR
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
The new exhaust, it sounds good...

http://a721.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_b9d6b489c7fdcbe3e6539eedd09cd358.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=16138959&albumID=1759246&imageID=41264014#a=1759246&i=33317608)

Bashed
Fri Sep 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I am 90% on this one...bringing the DR, should be fun. Don't wait for me if I am not there. I hate waiting for that "one more guy should be here". What is the exit i need to take going southbound on I-25? I tried to map quest it and it didn't help at all. I am coming from Littleton if anyone from the Denver south wants to meet up and ride down together.

You will need to get off @ the Bijou St. exit.
Head west or right till you get to Spruce St.
Head left or South and it will be on the right,
just before you get to Colorado. See you then.

peace Bash

PharmerKyle
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 07:50 AM
anyone know if the crossing on shelf road is flooded?

zetaetatheta
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM
anyone know if the crossing on shelf road is flooded?
I sure hope so that will be real fun:)

PharmerKyle
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I sure hope so that will be real fun:)
Yeah, it's just the tie-breaking vote between the fat bike & skinny bike. Less than a foot would be OK for the DR-z, but big, fast water might need a heavier bike. I'm going to go finish fixing the GS now.

zetaetatheta
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah, it's just the tie-breaking vote between the fat bike & skinny bike. Less than a foot would be OK for the DR-z, but big, fast water might need a heavier bike. I'm going to go finish fixing the GS now.
It was a slow rain for the most part, should have drained by the time we get there....Scott just picked my bike..see ya soon.

GregsGSXR
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Here is the link to the photos I took today.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=16138959&albumId=2098353

zetaetatheta
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Great pics Greg...Nice meeting you and hope you'll head down this way more often, for some beautiful riding. Mike

PharmerKyle
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Good ride! I can't wait until the aspens start turning. See you all again next month.

GregsGSXR
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM
It was an awesome day!!! We couldn't have asked for better conditions and we had a great group too, I had a blast riding with you all. We will do it again soon.

TomB
Sat Sep 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Bashed , when did you come over to the dark side ! I wished I had checked on line Friday night, I would have come with you guys on my large 1150 GS. I did the alpine loop with it a few weeks ago, that's Cinnamon Pass near Silverton. I've also done a lot of other dirt road passes, Cottonwood, Powderhorn.
Today, I took out the Aprilla and open it to 160 just for fun, we did over 200 miles. I've been doing miles on the GS, dirt and pavement days, sometimes 800 miles in a day, or overnights down to the Durango area. Found some really good, quiet roads down south that you can haul ass on, no people no cops.
PM me next time or Ill just keep on checking posts . Later!

PharmerKyle
Sun Sep 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Tom, I left my 1150 at home yesterday. There were exactly 3 reasons not to bring it and they were all within 2 miles. The GC over-the-tunnel trail "squeeze box", the hair pin at the top and the water crossing right before re-merging with GC. Those obstacles were GS prohibitive at any skill level.

If we do this ride again I'll ride my 1150 with you and anyone else that wants to pass on GC and ride Old Stage instead. We can meet up with the rest of the group later on uphill. Or I might even have the Failey ready by then.

Mental
Sun Sep 14th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Greg, it was great to meet you, sorry i bailed early. The Huskers kicked the crap out of NMSU.

My Pics, inlcuding the ones I lifted from Greg;
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/v/Mental/Rides/Gold+Camp/

Bashed
Sun Sep 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yep, great times for sure.
Tom B, I've been to the dark side for quite
some time, I am A Soco resident you know.

Here's some of the pics I took, the last two are
from this morning's quick ride up to Woodland Park,
The dirty way.

rforsythe
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Got he PM, I'm in. Thanks for the heads up! I vote Saturday so we don't misses Drift's Moto GP party

But I would aurgue we need an ADV section.
If only I knew a moderator...you know, someone who could be bribed with energy drinks....

Isn't that what Nothing But Two is for? :wtf: (And yeah Canyon Carving is totally the wrong forum for this. :lol: )

The mods here are beyond reproach and are not open to bribes for your trite and petty needs. Unless it's something I want. Then we can talk.

Tipys
Mon Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Dont make me pull out the lama flag.

rforsythe
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Someone's gonna get a nice pink username here in a few...

Tipys
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.thehatchreport.com/images/llama.jpg

Mental
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 12:39 PM
...The mods here are beyond reproach and are not open to bribes for your trite and petty needs. Unless it's something I want. Then we can talk.

Whaaa??!? You guys would sell out your morals just to get someone to rewind their DVR so you can see Selma Hyaeks boobs on Ugly Betty again.

Whatya say?!?
ADV Forum??? huh huh huh?

Gregger
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Looks like a blast... We need to start one up here in Denver/Boulder one day before it gets too cold.