PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and Driving

Devaclis
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
As posted on the Mazda RX8 owners' club website…

I was pulled over last night by a copper who'd followed me for a couple of miles and was breathalysed. Bearing in mind I could barely stand it was no surprise to find I was massively over the limit. This was particularly disgraceful as I had the missus and kiddie with me in the car.

I was arrested and read my rights. It was all a very salutary experience, especially when the copper got shirty because I found the whole business side-splittingly funny.

His mate, whilst the arrest took place, went and had a good look round the car, came back and started whispering to the other copper. They were whispering frantically at each other and neither of them look very pleased.

The first copper turns to me and starts accusing me of wasting police time and he called me a tw*t.

I pointed out he's just sworn at a member of the public, in front of an 18 month old child and that I'll report him for conduct unbecoming.

Cops got back in their car and drove off, with the copper who'd had a look round my car laughing his head off.

And the moral of the story for the police is.....................

Always check whether a car is left or right hand drive before breathalysing the guy in the right hand seat

McVaaahhh
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
:pointlaugh: :lol: :lol:

friscokidd
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
i dont get it... :|

R1ch
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM
i dont get it... :|

He was either in england with an american car or in america with and english car. The wheel is on the opposite side so the cop was giving the passenger a breathalizer test

Jenny
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 05:55 PM
bahahahhaha, funny. Even more so that the guy didn't say anything about it. :D

Anonymous
Thu Nov 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM
:lol:
He was either in england with an american car or in america with and english car. The wheel is on the opposite side so the cop was giving the passenger a breathalizer test
Always check whether a car is left or right hand drive before breathalysing the guy in the right hand seatHe was in an left-side drive (American style) car in a right-side drive country (England is only 1 of many). Based on some of the words used, it could be England, but it could also be Australia, New Zealand, or one of the other British Isles, for that matter. :D