PDA

View Full Version : Battery Needed

Airreed
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'm back in town for a few weeks, but unfortunatley the wife thought the wires coming from the bike werent suppose to be there when i left, so she unplugged them ((she didnt know what a battery tender was)). Well now I need a new battery. Any suggestion's on where to pick one up, I've looked on the 'net, but don't know if i want to wait 5-7 days for on to arrive at the house.

Bike is a '02 RC-51.

Thanks,

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm back in town for a few weeks, but unfortunatley the wife thought the wires coming from the bike werent suppose to be there when i left, so she unplugged them ((she didnt know what a battery tender was)). Well now I need a new battery. Any suggestion's on where to pick one up, I've looked on the 'net, but don't know if i want to wait 5-7 days for on to arrive at the house.

Bike is a '02 RC-51.

Thanks,

I got one for my RC at batteries +. :up:

VFR
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Walmart

Airreed
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Is that a local place or off the 'net?

Devaclis
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
There is a Batteries + off 470 and University.

Also one off Arapahoe and Parker.

Sully
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I'm going to assume she is going to pick it up for you ? lol

There is a Honda dealership near Aurora Mall.. but you can find them just about anywhere.. I sent you a pm. :)

rybo
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Walmart

Wal Mart batteries used to be made by Yuasa and were a good buy, but don't appear to be anymore. I recently had an experience with one from there where the battery lasted less than 3 months, even with proper care. A repalcement Interstate battery was purchased at Faster, and while it cost a bit more is clearly a superior product.

I highly (highly) recommend going with a quality battery instead of the cheapie.

Sortarican
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I got one for my RC at batteries +. :up:

There ya go......Brian's garage....for free.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
There ya go......Brian's garage....for free.

Since Brian will not be riding his RC for 6 more months, you should make him an offer on it :)

Airreed
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I actually went by Wally-World, had to pickup another battery for the truck...don't ask why....

Dana, there's always room for another RC, but i'm limited to riding for the next two weeks, then she's back up on the stand untill early 2009.

I'll check out Batteries +, thanks,

Sully
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I think mine was purchased at Performance, it's a Yuasa and has been super :up:

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Since Brian will not be riding his RC for 6 more months, you should make him an offer on it :)

So it appears. :(

I did look for a battery at walmart for the RC and could not find one there.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Man, what are you gonna ride to Bostons tomorrow? You only have 4 more bikes in your garage :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Man, what are you gonna ride to Bostons tomorrow? You only have 4 more bikes in your garage :)

3 more, but none of them are street legal.

The ZX-7 could be a possibility, just illegal.