PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip?

Geology Rocks
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Hey all.....driving home tonight from work I got to thinking of how much fun it would be to do a long haul ride. Is there anyone out there who likes to pack up some clothes, and the basic needs and hit the road? I am thinking beginning of next year going for a long ride....through Wyoming, to Montana, and all around....total of about 1000-1500 miles in about 5-7 days. Would anyone be interested in doing this?

I am posting up early to see if anyone is interested, then we can start forming a road map, places to stay and so on. Sorry I just like to plan ahead.. :P ..Also if someone has done this and can recommend a great place to ride speak up..:)

Joe

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
We're going to go to Laguna Seca for the Moto-GP and AMA races in July (8-10). We will do 5,000 miles in 10 days via Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado ---- just like this past summer. Yes ----- some peeps around this board do go on longer rides :twisted: :D

Geology Rocks
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Holy crap.....5000 Miles?...lol....thats like back to Boston then back.... :lol:

I guess my idea for a ride sucks then.... :(

Hrmmm....who is going>

Joe

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Holy crap.....5000 Miles?...lol....thats like back to Boston then back.... :lol:

Hrmmm....who is going>

Joe

Those that have a bike that is well maintained, that can be totally self sufficient (we camp out on the way out there 4 nights then motel it at the races 3 nights and then camp out one or two nights return trip), that don’t cry because of the 600 miles that we decide to cruise one day so we can hang and drink beer and be general societal derelicts (which we are totally over qualified) are welcome. :D 8)

Geology Rocks
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I dont complain or bitch about the length....... :)

I will have to give this some serious thought....I was thinking of going through montana and camping places and enjoying the beautiful views.

Joe

~Barn~
Mon Nov 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Damn Jeff, that sounds like an amazing roadtrip. I think if ya'll keep doing that over the next few years, I'll be forced to come along one of these times.

Mista Black
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 03:34 AM
We're going to go to Laguna Seca for the Moto-GP and AMA races in July (8-10). We will do 5,000 miles in 10 days via Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado ---- just like this past summer. Yes ----- some peeps around this board do go on longer rides :twisted: :D

10 days?? you turnin' into a light weight jeff?? :lol:

Hrmmm....who is going>

Joe

i agree with Jeff, there are long riders in the club. i picked up my bike in CA last october and rode home. i had to work the next night... if you have a sport bike set up right it's not too bad. Jeff's (nick_ninja) is set up pretty good for it. (he wishes he had a Bemmer though :D )

Nick_Ninja
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 08:45 AM
You lie cricket (Jeff) :down: :D

But I do ride with the Beeemers ------ just like yours ;)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/coast1.JPG

Nick_Ninja
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I dont complain or bitch about the length....... :)

I will have to give this some serious thought....I was thinking of going through montana and camping places and enjoying the beautiful views.

Joe

HpiRally ------- check it out:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7852&highlight=laguna+seca

Geology Rocks
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Oh man that is tempting....let me talk to my boss and see whathe says about the dates.....is it still July 6th-12th for the trip?

Joe

Nick_Ninja
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Oh man that is tempting....let me talk to my boss and see whathe says about the dates.....is it still July 6th-12th for the trip?

Joe

It'll be like the 5th through the 12th. We might have to abbreviate the route slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) for newly obtained employment opportunities. :D 8)

Mista Black
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 01:10 AM
You lie cricket (Jeff) :down: :D

But I do ride with the Beeemers ------ just like yours ;)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/coast1.JPG

that's not just like mine... i dont have a samsonite trunk on mine :shock: (and will NEVER have a samsonite trunk on mine :lol: )

GDrider
Sat Dec 25th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I was planning on going to bike week in Daytona this year, i would love to get a group of people together and go ride down there. I will probably post a topic on this.