PDA

View Full Version : 999 Vs Lamborgini

The Ductor
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 02:06 PM
ADMIN EDIT: This link is no longer working - scroll down a few posts for a new link.

[strike:1e287dfa64]http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/5thGear_Lambo_vs_Ducati_lo.wmv[/strike:1e287dfa64]

Slacker
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Sweet. The Lamborgini sure seem to slide around alot in the beginning - dam cold tires. Can't wait to see the next comparison/race.

Fly boy
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 08:45 PM
clicky no worky :cry: :cry:

Jenny
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 09:51 PM
BOOOO 404. Lame. :(

Anonymous
Tue Nov 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM
I guess it's a good thing for all of you that I downloaded it. :D

Here, try this: http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/5thGear_Lambo_vs_Ducati_lo.wmv

8)

Mista Black
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 01:20 AM
i think it was car & driver that did a test a year or two back with a corvette and a gsxr-1000 (i think it was a gsxr... maybe a cbr900 or a ZX9... not for sure). anyway, the corvette got it's ass royally kicked. i said then that the vette sucks ass as a sports car because it's not a real sports car and i still say it. this just proves it. a TRUE sports car against a TRUE sport bike, i still give to the bike but it'll be damn close with good drivers for each.

they used Kevin Schwantz in the car and on the bike. he's a DAMN GOOD bike racer. he's just mediocore in a car (how many world championships does he have in his car racing endevours??). so i didnt think it was fair right from the start. but a Vette?? please. a stock Vette on a race track against a stock 911 Turbo or Ferrari 360 or the lambo Gallardo (or any other REAL sports car) would get it's ass handed to it with comparible drivers in each.

this was a much fairer test of car vs bike

BigE
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 03:51 AM
That was Motorcyclist that did the Vette vs. GSXR 1000 with Schwantz. C&D did one a few years ago with a bunch of cars and a ZX-9 in the 0-100-0 comp. The Kawi won, of course. There was something in a Ferrari Enzo test about doing that again since the Enzo posted the best number of any car.

McVaaahhh
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 07:35 AM
That was Motorcyclist that did the Vette vs. GSXR 1000 with Schwantz. C&D did one a few years ago with a bunch of cars and a ZX-9 in the 0-100-0 comp. The Kawi won, of course. There was something in a Ferrari Enzo test about doing that again since the Enzo posted the best number of any car.

I think I still have that 0-100-0 issue. They threw some nice cars at that bike, 911 turbo, original cobra. If I remember right the Kaw was back to zero before any other car had even hit 100 (except the cobra).

That movie was pretty sweet. :up:

I`m Batman
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 08:28 AM
that Lambo wasn't the top of the line car and that 999 wasn't the top of the line bike. they should use top of the line car like Enzo against one of the new Litter 4 bangers... preferably the ZX10R, since it got the most ballz and the lightest.

~Barn~
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Jeff, you don't think a Z06 Vette is a sportscar? :shock:

It's not an exotic, but it's sure as fuck, a sportscar.

rybo
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 08:49 AM
:imwithstupid:

And probably the best value in high performace cars out there.....and just like bikes the speed at which a car can go around the track is probably more closely related to the driver than it is the car. I'm pretty sure rossi could own me even if he was on a dirtbike and I had a zx10

Cyalaytr
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Notice they had the Lotus car in there which is not a very talked about or known car. Rather have that then the Lambo.... was a nice head to head video though since both could go all out since they didnt have to worry about hitting each other on the track. The other one I saw against I think an R1 and a Porsche had them so close the bike had to back off to keep from getting hit many times.

Mista Black
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Jeff, you don't think a Z06 Vette is a sportscar? :shock:

It's not an exotic, but it's sure as fuck, a sportscar.

that's like saying my bike is a true sport bike. it's decently quick and handles ok but its not a sport bike... and the vette aint a sport car.

this is a sport car >>>http://elmundomotor.elmundo.es/elmundomotor/especiales/2001/12/anuario_motor/imagenes/coches/porsche_gt2_g.jpg

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I'm with ya Jeff...vettes are okay if your havin your midlife crisis, but if you want a reall sports car...look elsewhere...Did anyone happen to noitce in the end of that clip the list of cars...Focus RS...that's what I'm talkin about!

http://www.automotriz.net/images/galeria/images/Ford-Focus-RS-01.jpg

shmoab
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Is that Focus a sportscar?

~Barn~
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
That Porche is a sportscar also, of course. More precisely an exotic, due to the rare factor and the jack you have to spend to buy one.

Don't think for a second though, that a Vette Z06 (or a new C6 Vette) isn't going to be just a tick off any performance numbers that, that 911 is going to throw down. Who knows, it may even surpass it in some areas.

Granted, your bike is not a true sportbike like a ZX10 or an R1 is. Riders being equal, a skilled pilot will obliterate any performance numbers on a supersport 1000, compared to yours.
However!....
Drivers being equal, a skilled driver isn't going to squeeze much-anything out of a 911, that they can't squeeze out of a C6. The comparison doesn't even seem appropriate. :dunno:

I mean... we're talking fractions of seconds here, compared to several "full" seconds on the bikes.

Mista Black
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
according to road & track:
z06 0-60 = 4.5 seconds
1/4m = 12.8 seconds @ 113.5mph
top speed = 171mph

911 GT2 0-60 = 3.6 seconds
1/4m = 11.9 @ 120.6mph (the McLaren F1 is only .3 seconds faster)
top speed = est 195
and it pulls over a g on the skid pad and runs the slalom better than a mph faster. breaking is about equal but they didnt test it with the ceramic discs. 0-100 comes a full second faster in the porsche. the vette does have better fuel economy. it's a muscle car. plan and simple. they are in different classes.

yes the enzo is an exotic and the GT2 and Carrera GT are too (since us mortals can't have them) but no one has a problem comparing a $30,000 bike with a $10,000 bike even though the $30k bike is out of reach (from a practicality standpoint) just about everyone with common since. if the vette is a sports car than it deserves to be pitted against the other sports cars (the real ones - not mustang svt's and 350Z's). compared the the big boys it's a minor player. bang for the buck it's kick ass.

The Black Knight
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 07:59 PM
according to road & track:
z06 0-60 = 4.5 seconds
1/4m = 12.8 seconds @ 113.5mph
top speed = 171mph

911 GT2 0-60 = 3.6 seconds
1/4m = 11.9 @ 120.6mph (the McLaren F1 is only .3 seconds faster)
top speed = est 195
and it pulls over a g on the skid pad and runs the slalom better than a mph faster. breaking is about equal but they didnt test it with the ceramic discs. 0-100 comes a full second faster in the porsche. the vette does have better fuel economy. it's a muscle car. plan and simple. they are in different classes.

yes the enzo is an exotic and the GT2 and Carrera GT are too (since us mortals can't have them) but no one has a problem comparing a $30,000 bike with a $10,000 bike even though the $30k bike is out of reach (from a practicality standpoint) just about everyone with common since. if the vette is a sports car than it deserves to be pitted against the other sports cars (the real ones - not mustang svt's and 350Z's). compared the the big boys it's a minor player. bang for the buck it's kick ass.

yeah RS1100 I have to say that the reason the Corvette gets pitted against those other cars i.e. Cobra SVT and 350Z's is because they are all in the relative price range of each other give or take 5 to 10 thousand dollars. It is the best bang for your buck buy. It is a sports car. Chevrolet purposely built a car that is to somewhat of a degree affordable compared to the European built sports cars. Plus you also get probably 80 to 90% of the performance of the big Exotics for your money. Yes the Enzo's and Porsches and other exotics have superior acceleration attributes to them. For $600,000 - Enzo it should be superior to everything else!!! For $50,000 there's nothing wrong with putting up more then respectable numbers against cars that are 10 times!! more costly then the Corvette. Its America's answer to Italy and Germany. To put things in perspective you can take a Corvette - $50,000 take it over to Lingenfelter for a Stage 3 modification - 100,000 roughly and you've got a $150,000 car that will crush anything that Europe has to offer.. Obviously that's a highly modified Corvette and we're comparing Showroom car vs Showroom car. However most Exotics don't have run of the mill parts that your local Ford or Chevy dealer cars have. So its a pretty even comparison placing a Enzo vs Lingenfelter Corvette. I've seen what the Lingenfelters can do and the Enzo's can't even begin to touch that kind of performance. I agree that the Corvette is a sports car and it should be ranked among the others as a "REAL" sports car. Its not a midlife crisis car either HAHA.. personally I can't see blowing $600,000 on a car when I can go down to the local bike dealer and pay $10,000 and have something that will spank the Enzo all day long and I'll still have plenty of money in my pocket for better upgrades to spank the Enzo even more.. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol:

Cleveland
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM
this is our family station wagon. 2001 stock. freakin awesome... even for a convertable. you dont think its a sports car? i'll take you for a drive some time. ;)

Mista Black
Wed Nov 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
<lots of things that did 0 to convince me to ever want a vette. it's slow... it's ugly>

on the race track?? no. a gsxr1000 would have it's ass handed to it by the enzo, the porsche carrera gt and any other pure sports car out there. there is no substitute for the body work that's pushing that thing into the pavement not to mention 4 big ass (290+; in the Enzo's case 245's in front and 345's in back) tires grabbing onto it. and the gsxr1000 (as quick as it is) doesnt accelerate fast enough to get away.

and the porsche 911 GT3 is sub-100,000 and will feed the vette it's ass. i'm not just talking about the $250k+ cars. they are in a different league than the vette and viper and mustake svt, and the japanese sports cars as well.

Keyser Soze
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 07:13 AM
The Lingenfelter might beat the the Enzo in a straight line, but through the twisties would get it's ass handed to it...that car is a drag car...that's about it...

I`m Batman
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 08:16 AM
But according to the insurance company, all cars that only have 2 doors are sport cars. even civic 2 doors or those Toyota tercel 2 doors, etc...

bratt
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM
But according to the insurance company, all cars that only have 2 doors are sport cars. even civic 2 doors or those Toyota tercel 2 doors, etc...

That show also timed an Old Honda Civic Type R with lap time: 54.90 secs (just above the FocusRS)

Shoot-out table
Ducati 999 = 49.25 secs
Lamborghini Gallardo = 49.69 secs
BMW M3CSL = 50:08 secs
Lotus Elise 111R = 51.89 secs
Vauxhall VX220T = 51.96 secs
BMW M3 = 52:08 secs
BMW Z4 3.0 = 53:03 secs
Porsche Boxster 2.7 = 54.60 secs
Old Honda Civic Type R = 54.90 secs
Seat Leon Cupra R = 56.0 secs
Citroen C2 GT = 56.5 secs
Porsche Cayenne S = 56.67 secs
Ford SportKa = 57.0 secs
Skoda VRS = 57.03 secs
Mini Cooper = 58.03 secs
Mercedes Sprinter = 67.2 secs

The Black Knight
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 11:19 AM
O.k. guys decided to do a little research into this matter. Found some interesting tests and performance numbers on both the car and bikes. Oh and by the way RS1100 when I said verse a bike I wasn't talking about the GSX-R1000. I was talking about the new R1 and ZX-10R the new kings of speed. Here's some stats for you.

Yamaha R1 - $10,699
0-60 = 3.11
0-100 = 5.62
1/4 = 9.93@147.4mph
Top Speed = 184mph

Kawasaki ZX-10R - $10,999
0-60 = 2.92
0-100 = 5.45
1/4 = 9.92@147.4mph
Top Speed = 186mph
(stats for these two bikes are from Motorcyclist and Sport Rider)

Ferrari Enzo - $643,330 <---bit much for the performance.
0-60 = 3.3 sec
0-100 = 6.6 sec
1/4 = 11.1@133mph
Top Speed - 217mph
http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/ferrarienzo.html

Kawasaki ZX-6R - $7999 <--a bargin for the performance!
0-60 = N/A
0-100 = N/A
1/4 = 10.50@130.7mph <--fast for a 600 compared to Enzo??
Top Speed = 157mph <---from Cycle World

Aside from Top Speed a maybe slight chance with 0-60 the Enzo gets left behind and in a hurry once you reach 100mph. I couldn't find any track tests for the Enzo on the net. I don't buy a whole lot of Car mags anymore and I know the Enzo's been in a few of them. I know that the ZX-10R manage a 1:24.69 lap time at the "Streets Of Willow" as per the October 2004 issue of Sport Rider in the BOTY test. If the Enzo can match that then its a heck of a car. I don't argue the fact that the Enzo is a magnificent car yet compared to others it looses its luster quickly in my eyes. For the money you pay for the Enzo you sure don't get the great performance but that's my point of view. I drew the comparisons to the bikes as basically what you get for your dollar amount. Enzo looses big time in that category as well. I threw the 600 in just for fun!! Because even with a $7999 bike you can still have Enzo performance and a minuscule fraction of the big bad Enzo...

Here's a quote from the man himself Enzo Ferrari as too if you doubt that the Corvette is a real sports cars.

"Corvette is the only real sports car made in America." - Enzo Ferrari
http://www.carnutty.com/roadtests/2003_chevrolet_corvette.htm

AS for the comment about the Lingenfelter.. I'd have to see that one to believe it. You don't just get a drag car. Lingenfelter doesn't make drag cars. That's proof enough because everytime you stack a Tuner Viper against one the Lingenfelter usually loses. They are built for the same performance as the Enzo's. Acceleration, Agility, Precision, and Quality. I'd much rather own a Corvette over a Viper anyday. I'd much rather have the Corvette over any "Exotic Sports Car", because I value my dollar that I pay for a product. If I'm shelling out money and all I'm getting is a NAME and some shiny parts then I'm making a bad investment. Obviously the resale values on these exotics is great but aside from CEO Presidents of companies who are the ones who afford these cars, I'm left with the Corvette. And it will get my vote everytime for the "Best Sports Car" money can buy. 8)

Keyser Soze
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I think the only reason Enzo said that is cause he's still upset that Ford kicked the crap outta them....

http://www.cobracountry.com/posters/CompFordGT40-24x36-1b.jpg

I'd take this over a vette anyday

http://dbusso.typepad.com/vintagemotors/ford_gt_40.jpg

Mista Black
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Nurburgring lap times for cars (http://home.swipnet.se/~w-32546/nbring/laptimes%20for%20different%20cars.htm)

the 1st american entry is a viper in 8th. the vette is all the way down in 21st place next to the Audi S4 (by only 2 seconds). the FASTEST time ever posted on a bike is 7:48 (2 seconds slower than the fastest porsche in the list). for what it's worth the Porsche Carrera GT knocked it out in 7:32 and the Enzo (though i couldnt find the link) is said to be faster.

CGT fast lap link (http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2040920.004/porsche/1.html)

the truely fast sports cars are faster than the truely fast sport bikes. the bikes just can't match the grip and downforce of the cars. and the vette aint in that group of truely fast cars.

bratt
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 02:47 PM
here is a bike ride video of Nurburgring:
http://www.metzelermoto.de/metzeler_fun/nurburgring/
(click on DSL (12Meg) Broadband (83Meg))

The Black Knight
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Once again I'll have to see all this to believe it. I'll never argue that cars will have faster top speeds. Its all in the gearing. Aerodynamics play a big part in complete velocity. Yes bikes don't have it. Although Sport Rider did an article on a 250mph Hayabusa and a GSX-R1000 that hit 200mph hmmm guess bikes aren't fast then? Obviously they are modified won't argue that either. Then again I don't consider Exotics to be stock cars either. They have all kinds of go fast parts on them that your local Ford and Chevy dealerships don't. However denying the fact that the Corvette is a real sports car I've seen where this conversation is going. Its a bias point of view. Typical point of view that I see with most German product owners. I worked with a guy that had a BMW M Roadster that thought the Corvette was nothing but junk. Yet it would run circles around his "Quality German Made" vehicle. I more then once spanked his car with my then 1995 Camaro Z28. Yet I had the American car that was junk? hmmm seems to me that German engineering is more about prestige then performance. Its a EGO complex pure and simple. Everyone has their favorite brand of automobile or motorcycle however denying the facts about a certain cars capabilities just shows bias. To each their own. Yet I don't deny facts. To the enthusiat sect of the car business the Corvette will always be a Sports Car any way you slice it.....

Mista Black
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 04:40 PM
did someone at any point in this thread claim that a BMW made a sport car?? i sure as hell didnt and they dont (not even the M cars). porsches, ferrari, lamborghinis and the like is what this thread is about and they are sports cars.

the facts are in. on nurburgring (the big track) cars kick bike's asses and that's that. and the vette is well over a minute a lap behind the big boys.

Kristian
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 05:35 PM
FWIW, I drove a Gallardo and though it's kinda trick and looks good, it wasn't the quickest car I have had the opportunity to drive(can't say anything about fastest as I didn't have that chance).

Kristian

~Barn~
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I added a poll to this thread. Let them eat cake!

Anonymous
Thu Nov 11th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Nice video, eh everybody? :D

Way to bastardize a thread - arguing over who's opinion is right about what is or isn't a true sports car. :roll:

KooLaid
Fri Nov 12th, 2004, 12:36 AM
4 wheels and true tuned down force does whoop out gravity and 2 contact patches the size of ur mom's mustache or beard.

I remember nicky got whooped by micheal andretti a while back.... but that was also a Indy car vs Nicky's factory ride

Oh yeah and in one of the brit magazines a few years ago, they did a test of a group cars that was giving a gsxr-1000 a run for it's money on a road course. Oh yeah, and it wasn't "sportscars" either, but more common shit u'd see on the streets. Cars are catching up.....

hrvstofsrrw
Fri Nov 12th, 2004, 07:09 AM
arg god as much as i hate american crap the corvette is a "sports" car. The general rule of thumb is rwd/awd sub 7 second 0-60 and are typically two doors. The gt2 etc are super cars/exotics if you dont beleive that awd can be sports cars come get a ride in some of our audis. Is a older porsche such as a 944 a sports car or exotic it doesnt really matter. This poll has become just as stupid as those god damm who is the best csc "such and such"

:roll: :roll:

seems some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing and putting other people down

As for that m car being beat by the camaro i promise that wouldnt happen on anything other than a drag track.

The Black Knight
Fri Nov 12th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Actually "hrvstofsrrw" it was on the street. Stoplight to Stoplight and a little past the next stoplight too. BMW M Roadster(Z3) is rated at 240hp my 1995 Camaro Z28 was 275hp stock. I also had a K&N Densecharger, custom exhaust and chip. We both had manual transmissions as well me 6 speed him 5 speed so there's none of that crap that I had a automatic and got a jump on it.. Yeah I whooped it and it was on the street and not the track. No matter how things would turn out on a track. I, well went out and did it on the street and was there and I'm not lying. Point is I was talking about the Corvette. I'm not going to comment more on this posting because its fruitless. I've actually owned a Corvette, 1984 (first year for the C4) and I was rather pleased with the car. I wasn't the fastest thing to grace the earth but it was a sports car. Just because people don't think its a REAL sports car that's their freedom of choice. Nice thing about the USA you can hate things this country makes, good thing Germany didn't win WWII or else we'd probably be shot for disliking the "Folkswagon" HAHAHAHA.. :lol:

brandolb
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Apples-Oranges
Sportsbike-Superbike
Sportscar-Supercar

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Nov 14th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Actually "hrvstofsrrw" it was on the street. Stoplight to Stoplight and a little past the next stoplight too. BMW M Roadster(Z3) is rated at 240hp my 1995 Camaro Z28 was 275hp stock. I also had a K&N Densecharger, custom exhaust and chip. We both had manual transmissions as well me 6 speed him 5 speed so there's none of that crap that I had a automatic and got a jump on it.. Yeah I whooped it and it was on the street and not the track. No matter how things would turn out on a track. I, well went out and did it on the street and was there and I'm not lying. Point is I was talking about the Corvette. I'm not going to comment more on this posting because its fruitless. I've actually owned a Corvette, 1984 (first year for the C4) and I was rather pleased with the car. I wasn't the fastest thing to grace the earth but it was a sports car. Just because people don't think its a REAL sports car that's their freedom of choice. Nice thing about the USA you can hate things this country makes, good thing Germany didn't win WWII or else we'd probably be shot for disliking the "Folkswagon" HAHAHAHA.. :lol:

I meant drag track as in a strip race street race whatever the fuck you muscle car dipshits call it, i promise when the time came to acutally corner and drive he would fuck you like the pope fucks school boys

:321:

rybo
Sun Nov 14th, 2004, 06:41 PM

I meant drag track as in a strip race street race whatever the fuck you muscle car dipshits call it, i promise when the time came to acutally corner and drive he would fuck you like the pope fucks school boys

:321:

I am a big fan of eveyone having an opinion, but this personal attack stuff has to stop. Look we're all here because we like riding motorcycles, going fast and having fun. Lets feel free to disagree, but do we really have to degrade each other in the process?

Bueller
Sun Nov 14th, 2004, 06:55 PM
:imwithstupid:
Dude.....is this how you interact with people in the actual world? If so I am suprised you are still standing. Chill out and try to make everyones experiance reading your posts not quite so :argue: :cussing:

Armadillos
Mon Nov 15th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Just had to post this car. I wish they would release it!!

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2000@$Chevrolet@$Camaro%20ZL1%20Conceptx.html