PDA

View Full Version : Ride this weekend 9/27-9/29

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Weather permitting, I'm planning on leaving the Apex center in Arvada at noon, and looking to get to Moab that night, then go South into Az, and end up coming up thru NM into CO on Monday. Probably going to be at least 1,500 miles. A "spirited" ride, with stops for photos. Very much like the last one Steve and I did. Any takers?:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
....pussies!:)

mtnairlover
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Actually, I'd love to do this Frank. It would be a really cool way to say good-bye to my old job and hello to my new one. I've got a problem with making sure my kids will be ok though and not so sure about how much $$$ it will take. It's kind of something I need a lil more time to plan for.

Sooooo...I'll get back to ya.:)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Why Frank? Why? Moab???? ---- seriously :roll: Can't you find a better place to go than the ugly red canyons? :D

Sortarican
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Got yur email Frank.
You should take the scenic route instead of I-70.

Aren't we due for a run through Grand County up over Rabbit Ears?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Got yur email Frank.
You should take the scenic route instead of I-70.

Aren't we due for a run through Grand County up over Rabbit Ears?
Sure! All we need to make it complete is a psycho biker-hatin' biotch in a white pickup and a Grand county Sherr.....er, never mind!

Too bad you and your G/F didn't do 125 with me the last ride we did. Suh-WHEET!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Why Frank? Why? Moab???? ---- seriously :roll: Can't you find a better place to go than the ugly red canyons? :D
Yeah, ugly scenery fo sho! gonna do 128 to Moab from I-70. Then gonna jaunt down south from there. Probably do Mexican Hat and Mexican Water, I'll have to check with you and Steve on some possible routes back.

Jason ON
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Weather permitting, I'm planning on leaving the Apex center in Arvada at noon, and looking to get to Moab that night, then go South into Az, and end up coming up thru NM into CO on Monday. Probably going to be at least 1,500 miles. A "spirited" ride, with stops for photos. Very much like the last one Steve and I did. Any takers?:)

Did that two weeks ago except stayed out of Colorado.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Did that two weeks ago except stayed out of Colorado.
Did ya post pics for us?:)

Jason ON
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Did you want pics? Here's some (http://picasaweb.google.com/unJason/Moab908#) of the 80 or so I took. I was thinking about doing a similar trip in he spring, maybe Mayish, if I'm still in Colorado.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Did you want pics? Here's some (http://picasaweb.google.com/unJason/Moab908#) of the 80 or so I took. I was thinking about doing a similar trip in he spring, maybe Mayish, if I'm still in Colorado.
Nice pics man! Yeah, 128 from I-70 to Moab is the shiznit, eh?

Jason ON
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Nice pics man! Yeah, 128 from I-70 to Moab is the shiznit, eh?

It's a nice ride, especially since they' re-paved about half of it and it's nice and flat.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Still no takers? It'll be awesome, and you can turn back at any time.

mtnairlover
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry Frank...no can do this time.

BigE
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Sounds cool Frank, and I've been wanting to do something like this.... just wish I would've noticed a bit sooner.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds cool Frank, and I've been wanting to do something like this.... just wish I would've noticed a bit sooner.
S'ok Big E, sounds like you need to heal up from your latest incident anyways! Same thing with N_N, he's walking-wounded too, and I can't think of anything to aggravate an injury more than 3, 600+ mile days in the saddle!

But, I'll be doing another one in a few weeks while the weather's nice, and then there's next year, so we'l get one in for sure.

BTW, my long-distance partner-in-crime Steve (Scruff Dog) has just gotten permission to go for the whole trip, so we're rockin'!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
S'ok Big E, sounds like you need to heal up from your latest incident anyways! Same thing with N_N, he's walking-wounded too, and I can't think of anything to aggravate an injury more than 3, 600+ mile days in the saddle!

But, I'll be doing another one in a few weeks while the weather's nice, and then there's next year, so we'l get one in for sure.

BTW, my long-distance partner-in-crime Steve (Scruff Dog) has just gotten permission to go for the whole trip, so we're rockin'!

Yeah but N_N is riding Independence / McClure / North Rim / and Monarch this Saturday and far from the infirmary condition that you so aptly depict. :roll:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah but N_N is riding Independence / McClure / North Rim / and Monarch this Saturday and far from the infirmary condition that you so aptly depict. :roll:
Brotha, you were ready for the infirmary BEFORE your surgery!:)

Speaking of infirmary, even been to the sister bar to the Dark Horse in San Jose CA, the St. James Infirmary? We used to go there, cool place. My buddy's roomate got kicked out of there one night for being drunk enough to try and climb the 20+foot wonder woman statue in the center of the place!:shocked: