PDA

View Full Version : Dont Eat @ Santiagos Restaurants

Ceez
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Not sure if anyone eats here but this joint is down the street from me. So I figured I would post an email that I got this morning just as a heads up.

Its only in reference to one of the restaurants but if one restaurant handles thier business this way, who knows how the rest of the chain does.

Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 3:29 PM
Hi my name is Breyanna, I was at the Santiago's at 180 W. 84thAve. last night (9/16/08). I ordered a chicken burrito with Green Chile and when it came, it looked awful and so I was picking at it and as I was moving the food around I saw what looked like a beetle, or something I looked closer and it had legs and a sack attached to it, it had ayellow belly... I don't know anything about bugs or parasites but this was disgusting. I called the waiter over and showed him, he took my plate and just walked away... said nothing... my husband also had stopped eating and was completely grossed out. We sat there for a good 10 mins and no one came over, the waiter ignored us. All I wanted to do was leave but we weren't sure if we should pay or not. We finally went to the counter, and asked what we owed. They weren't even going to comp my meal at first, but finally did, and then made my husband pay for his which he didn't eat. I told her I was calling the health department, to which she replied 'go ahead'. They were so rude and started talking in Spanish and rolling their eyes and I could tell whatever they were saying was negative. I can't believe that the staff didn't even apologize to us. I have called and left messages for the Owner Gustavo Cisneros and for the manager because I want a refund for the disgusting meal I didn't eat. I have yet to hear from anyone. I am also leaving this review on every website available including Westword.com, Yelp.com and citysearch.com, which are linked directly to the www.eatatsantiagos.com (http://www.eatatsantiagos.com)<http://www.eatatsantiagos.com/> website. I have posted personal bulletin's on Myspace.com and Facebook.com. I am also telling all my friends and family, co-workers and even the fed-ex delivery guy. In addition to that I am copying every person on my e-mail contact list, as to inform and warn others. Which to that end they are all welcome to forward on to their family and friends. I also have a call into the health department and have obtained a the last inspection report which states and I quote 'Food is not insound condition, is spoiled, filthy, contaminated or adulterated and is not safe for human consumption' Among other things. They also note they found a power tool stored in a box of onions and that no soap or drying towel provided for employees to wash their hands. So, my request is that someone contact me immediately and refund me the $13.24 that you made us pay. I would also request that you take a look at the requirements of the Department of Health in Adams County,Colorado, USA. and comply. My contact information: Breyanna King 303-908-5763 Thank You, Breyanna

Aracheon
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ewwww.

~Barn~
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
That's tight. She found a water buffalo in her meal, and then waited 10 minutes before approaching the counter to ask WHAT SHE OWED??
:lol:

Dumbest lady ever, personal vendetta against Santiago's and/or their staff, or urban legand....

Judges?!?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
"...I looked closer and it had legs and a sack attached to it."

Uh....:wtf:

"All I wanted to do was leave but we weren't sure if we should pay or not."

Uh...:banghead:

Foolds
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I eat at the on 6th ave every saturday morning. Well I get a breakfast burritio or two any how. There kitchen looks clean, never gotten sick :dunno:

Big-J
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
That's tight. She found a water buffalo in her meal, and then waited 10 minutes before approaching the counter to ask WHAT SHE OWED??

Dumbest lady ever, personal vendetta against Santiago's and/or their staff, or urban legand....

Judges?!?

:imwithstupid:

Ceez
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I personally think extra beetle is good in my burrito...I am surprised they didnt charge her extra!

salsashark
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
mehhh... they don't eat much.

On a related note, I've heard horror stories about Sushi Den, but people love that place?!

I agree w/ Barn... let's see the facts

Slacker
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM
We get breakfast burritos from there every friday for the office. Never had an issue.

Ricky
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I've had my own issues with Sanitagos over the years. I'll never eat there again, ever.

Filo
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM

Judges?!?

Through the power of google, I give you their inspection reports:

http://tri.co.gegov.com/tricounty/facilities.cfm?pati_no=60012268&v=3&insptype=Food

Not what I would call the most compliant restaurant. She overstates some stuff, though, based on an incorrect interpretation of the forms. She cites the violation examples in the code in some places, not the violation itself. Did she find a bug? Who knows. The real question is why didn't she eat it if she did? It probably is packed with protein.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
It wasn't Santiago's, but still gross.

I was eating a breakfast and when I got half way done with my hash browns, I saw I big, long, black hair under all the food. I showed the waitress and she asked if I could eat around it because she would have to pay for the meal if I sent it back. We all laughed and I sent the mother fucker back. She then asked what I wanted instead. I said nothing and sat there and starved. Not that it's any better, but I hit Burger King on the way home. I have never understood the mentality of people!!! Well, other than the fact that's it's all about them!!

Foolds
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Most of those are pretty minor. Not nearly as bad as she made them out to be. The powertool one is intresting though.... I thought Onions came with a free dewalt these days?

Sully
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
We get breakfast burritos from there every friday for the office. Never had an issue.

So do we... but aren't they all independently owned ??? Meh.. I ordered 18 burritos and only received 15... my only problem with them is they can't count in English ! :lol:.....

puckstr
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ok Bugs and Hair in your food are NOT MINOR???
Never eat a meal that is not up to the standards you would have in your own kitchen.

Sully
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Some people eat Beetles, Meal Worms, Ants, Spiders, etc. and think it's fabulous... :puke:... However, I do not... <shudder>.... even if I was on (wo)Man VS. Wild...

puckstr
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Some people eat Beetles, Meal Worms, Ants, Spiders, etc. and think it's fabulous... :puke:... However, I do not... <shudder>.... even if I was on (wo)Man VS. Wild...

I too will pass on the insect dishes.

MAZIN
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Not sure if anyone eats here but this joint is down the street from me. So I figured I would post an email that I got this morning just as a heads up.

Its only in reference to one of the restaurants but if one restaurant handles thier business this way, who knows how the rest of the chain does.

Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 3:29 PM
Hi my name is Breyanna, I was at the Santiago's at 180 W. 84thAve. last night (9/16/08). I ordered a chicken burrito with Green Chile and when it came, it looked awful and so I was picking at it and as I was moving the food around I saw what looked like a beetle, or something I looked closer and it had legs and a sack attached to it, it had ayellow belly... I don't know anything about bugs or parasites but this was disgusting. I called the waiter over and showed him, he took my plate and just walked away... said nothing... my husband also had stopped eating and was completely grossed out. We sat there for a good 10 mins and no one came over, the waiter ignored us. All I wanted to do was leave but we weren't sure if we should pay or not. We finally went to the counter, and asked what we owed. They weren't even going to comp my meal at first, but finally did, and then made my husband pay for his which he didn't eat. I told her I was calling the health department, to which she replied 'go ahead'. They were so rude and started talking in Spanish and rolling their eyes and I could tell whatever they were saying was negative. I can't believe that the staff didn't even apologize to us. I have called and left messages for the Owner Gustavo Cisneros and for the manager because I want a refund for the disgusting meal I didn't eat. I have yet to hear from anyone. I am also leaving this review on every website available including Westword.com, Yelp.com and citysearch.com, which are linked directly to the www.eatatsantiagos.com (http://www.eatatsantiagos.com)<http://www.eatatsantiagos.com/> website. I have posted personal bulletin's on Myspace.com and Facebook.com. I am also telling all my friends and family, co-workers and even the fed-ex delivery guy. In addition to that I am copying every person on my e-mail contact list, as to inform and warn others. Which to that end they are all welcome to forward on to their family and friends. I also have a call into the health department and have obtained a the last inspection report which states and I quote 'Food is not insound condition, is spoiled, filthy, contaminated or adulterated and is not safe for human consumption' Among other things. They also note they found a power tool stored in a box of onions and that no soap or drying towel provided for employees to wash their hands. So, my request is that someone contact me immediately and refund me the $13.24 that you made us pay. I would also request that you take a look at the requirements of the Department of Health in Adams County,Colorado, USA. and comply. My contact information: Breyanna King 303-908-5763 Thank You, Breyanna

Ate their once years ago and that was the only time I have ever left a 2 cent tip. Exact same one on 84th and almost i-25

LadyT
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:06 PM
The only problem I ever had with them is not liking the food...but that is personal preference.

Slo
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Damn wish she had a picture!!! I'd probably puke then throw the puke at the worker that rolled her eyes at me afterwards.

usmcab35
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
ive eaten at the one in layfette, it was the best mexican food i have eaten in colorado. sounds like that particular one sucks!!!!

t_jolt
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ok Bugs and Hair in your food are NOT MINOR???
Never eat a meal that is not up to the standards you would have in your own kitchen.

+1

but im a big enough dick, to talk to a manager, and the manger always has someone else's number. I would've caused a big enough fuss that i would've had him call me right there.

puckstr
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
ive eaten at the one in layfette, it was the best mexican food i have eaten in colorado. !!

then killed the cook??
http://www.cinema.com/image_lib/7493_heading.jpg

longrider
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I get breakfast at the one in Castle Rock on a regular basis and have always been satisfied. A couple lunches have been great too.

The story sounds like exaggeration to me. If it was really that bad I never would have waited 10 minutes

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I do believe that might immediate reaction would have been to say LOUDLY "Holy FUCK! There's a frigging BEETLES cooked into my food! WHAT THE HELL!??" Probby let me out the door without paying just to shut me up. If not, first call: the GM, second call: reporter for local newspaper/radio/TV, third call: Health Dept.

Sortarican
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM

I'll even up that sentiment a notch.

Sure if I'm cooking for myself I'll go by the 5 second rule like most people.
But if I'm cooking for other people I go as far as to wear a bandana on my head and use latex gloves.

That being said, anyone who's ever worked in a kitchen can tell you,
you don't even want to know what happened to your food before you got it.
High end, low end, doesn't matter.
Actually fast food is probably the cleanest/healthiest places on average.

Buddau
Thu Sep 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I have eaten at that exact restaurant 2 times. It is a discusting, dirty place. Never found bugs, but then I was not looking for them.

EVO8
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM
If I go into a restaurant and it's dirty and nasty looking, I'm done. I won't be eating there no matter what.