PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Mechanic to rebuild my Forks (Oil Seals)

XJ600s
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
So after swapping out my new FZR600 forks onto my Seca2, the right fork oil seal is definitely blown, and its getting dangerously low on oil. I need to replace the seals asap.

I had a guy in Longmont who was doing my work, but he wants me to leave the bike with him, and I have no other way to get back to Boulder while he's working on it. Then I had a mechanic at CoPowersports tell me to contact him on the side and he'd do them, but he won't get back to me. Thats because CoPowersports refuses to work on my bike due to it being a 1994, and their customers with new R1's and R6's get precedence over me (direct quote from Aaron at the service dept).

Ideally, I'd like to find someone who could do the work while I am sitting there watching/observing/supplying-beer or even just outside studying out of your way. I will buy the parts (oil seals and oil), thinking since I have to replace the seals that I might as well replace everything, unless its too much of a PITA. I can supply as much beer as necessary to get the job done.

The bike itself is a 1994 Yamaha Seca2 (XJ600s) with a 1997 FZR600 front end installed. I will pay competitively, based on how soon this can be done.

Let me know if you're interested, and we can talk prices...thanks!

PS. Bike has a centerstand, so no stands would be required, just weigh down the back end of the bike and take off the front end, which is exactly how I did the fork swap.

jimwallace
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 05:34 PM
hot damn. someone else did the same thing i did. only my frankenstein is a 96 seca 2 with a 87 fz600 front end. thats kinda cool. i would be more than glad to help you out with your forks but i am probably a little out of the way for ya.

dragos13
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM
You can come down to Highlands Ranch and I can do them while you wait. Send me a text, this weekend is a little busy but we might be able to work something out. 7-- 2849183

denver_whitest185
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
theres a write up on ninja250.org on how to do fork seals. encase your a do-in-yourselfer :)

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_I_replace_the_fork_seals%3F

i think it'll apply to most dampener-rod type forks

BigE
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I used to have a fizzer and have done the seals in them before. Would be happy to show ya how, pm me if interested.

irdave
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
I can do them, and most likely already have everything in stock...

No beer, just cash.

But then again, this is what I do.

XJ600s
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
with the weather getting colder, I want to get these done asap as I think we'll get snow in the next week or two. can anyone help me with these tonight? with such short notice I'm willing to pay a little extra. send me a pm or text me at 7twozero three five 27345. I can drive up to 45 minutes to an hour from boulder. eternal THANKS and cash to the person who can help!

XJ600s
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I just got home, and man that was a cold ride. Thanks again Dave for all your help!

rforsythe
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Glad Dave helped ya out! Was going to say, "call Dave". :lol: