PDA

View Full Version : North-Central : Morning twisties ride on Sunday, 9/28

Aracheon
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Alright you hooligans and goons, let's get out and enjoy some of the last good weather riding of the year! The consensus seems to be kickstands up at 8:30, so let's plan on meeting at the Conoco on 120th and 25 @ 8:00.

It's going to be chilly that morning, so please be sure to dress for the occasion. Liners in, and a hoodie underneath your jacket will probably suffice. Thicker gloves as well. I'll have some extra storage space, so if anyone needs me to haul some gear as the weather warms up I can do so.

I know some of y'all will have to bail out early, so we'll make sure we have a good stopping point around noon before splitting up. I plan on attending the Brothers BBQ event that afternoon, so if anyone wants to tag along, I'll be heading that way once the half-day riders head home.

Please note: This is a GEAR REQUIRED ride. Helmet, jacket, gloves, and over-the-ankle boots are mandatory. You will be asked to leave if you aren't geared up.

MikeG
Fri Sep 26th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I be there fo shizzle

nate357159
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 12:33 AM
hey, I won't be riding all the way to denver to ride back to the hippy village, but I was planning on a day of riding.

I'll check my computer before I leave and if your heading my way let me know and I'll figure out a place to wait for a db on 36, I'll plan on being out there at nine.

MikeG
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:03 AM
hey, I won't be riding all the way to denver to ride back to the hippy village, but I was planning on a day of riding.

I'll check my computer before I leave and if your heading my way let me know and I'll figure out a place to wait for a db on 36, I'll plan on being out there at nine.

due to the recent "assault" of tickets and police, I think we may be avoiding boulder canyon...

Foolds
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I'm in. Yea lets do coal creek or another way up. I vote coal creek up to 72 over to Squaw Pass.

P.S. I fixed my cage.. A guy on the car forum for it knew right what to look for, the T-valve for the Turbo by pass valve had blown off, holding my by pass valve open =( AKA NO BOOST!

SaShWhO
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 07:26 AM
15 and counting:bananna::bananna::bananna::bananna::banan na::bananna:
see y'all @ 8

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I'll have some extra storage space, so if anyone needs me to haul some gear as the weather warms up I can do so.
You've got junk in your trunk. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will there be a 9:00 am drive by for the Boulder Goons. :eyebrows: If you don't stop, Imma gunna put yo head in a microwave. :mwave:
(sorry, I always wanted to use that one but have never really had a reason)

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I'm in, 8 and counting:bananna::bananna:

yea. lets avoid officer Robinson and head south so we can end up at Brothers BBQ!!:hump:

Aracheon
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I'm in. Yea lets do coal creek or another way up. I vote coal creek up to 72 over to Squaw Pass.

P.S. I fixed my cage.. A guy on the car forum for it knew right what to look for, the T-valve for the Turbo by pass valve had blown off, holding my by pass valve open =( AKA NO BOOST!

It's always more likely for a hose or something to blow off than to actually break an IC.

You've got junk in your trunk. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will there be a 9:00 am drive by for the Boulder Goons. :eyebrows: If you don't stop, Imma gunna put yo head in a microwave. :mwave:
(sorry, I always wanted to use that one but have never really had a reason)

:lol:

Someone else's junk! :D

Yeah, let's plan on meeting you Boulder goons somewhere. What works best for all y'all?

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
gas station on SW corner of 30th and Baseline @ 9? There's a big ass parking lot right behind it.

MikeG
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
[quote=Foolds;361130]I'm in. Yea lets do coal creek or another way up. I vote coal creek up to 72 over to Squaw Pass.

quote]

Casting my vote for this as well :siesta:

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry Mike, you don't get to vote. Better luck next time.

Player 2
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:33 AM
CU towers @ 9?
Still don't understand why you guys don't meet at the Conoco right there @ 30th and Baseline instead of the stupid towers parking lot... :|

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I completely agree, I don't really care for that spot at all. I'd rather meet somewhere with a gas station and stop lights but have been shot down everytime I tried to change it. And with the lack of intellegence from the group coming to meet us (Aracha-I-can't-make-it-to-turn-10) a change may not work. It would require more explaining than I care to participate in. But in honor of you and your "I can't show up to anything" ass, my original post is updated. :up:

MikeG
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:10 AM
You're totally wrong on that one Sean... I think the air up in the republic has got you thinking a little sloooow..

:pointlaugh:

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
You're totally wrong on that one Sean... I think the air up in the republic has got you thinking a little sloooow..

:pointlaugh:My mom said I'm "special", not "slow". :hump:

Foolds
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
My mom said I'm "special", not "slow". :hump:

Slow describes your riding :turtle:.

Player 2
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I completely agree, I don't really care for that spot at all. I'd rather meet somewhere with a gas station and stop lights but have been shot down everytime I tried to change it. And with the lack of intellegence from the group coming to meet us (Aracha-I-can't-make-it-to-turn-10) a change may not work. It would require more explaining than I care to participate in. But in honor of you and your "I can't show up to anything" ass, my original post is updated. :up:
:lol: You're in rare form today Sean :up:

Your problem is suggesting it instead of just doing it. It only makes sense to meet somewhere that has a traffic light to cross traffic, bathroom for those that have to piss, and food/drink for those in need

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Slow describes your riding :turtle:. :think: :yes:

That's right officer, no need to keep an eye out for me. I'm as :turtle: as they come. :devil1:

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:26 AM
:lol: You're in rare form today Sean :up:

I'm sitting at work bored off of my ass :banghead: Today is just going to be a bunch of post whoring.
I know about changing it, you're preaching to the choir. Strap some duct tape on the yellow pig and meet up with us.

eg bter
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I should be there....

DevilsTonic
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'm in! :)

Rhino41
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
So where is the meet? What time? Im confused

DevilsTonic
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
120th and I-25 Conoco on the southwest side. meeting at 8am. We will pick up the boulder hooligans on our way through, their meeting spot is going to be conoco on 30th and baseline at 9:00am.

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
boulder hooligans
It's Boulder Goons, thank you very much. And just because of that, it's Mr. Boulder Goon to you.

Gregger
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I may meet up with you all too.

Aracheon
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I also want to remind everyone that this is a gear required ride. If you squid it, you will be asked to go home.

Player 2
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Strap some duct tape on the yellow pig and meet up with us.
I would but I'm booked solid tomorrow with server moves & upgrades :cry:

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, I'm a filthy, stinkin, dirty whore, blah, blah, blah Dude, somethings up with your computer. You should hire someone to fix it :dunno:

Player 2
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Dude, somethings up with your computer. You should hire someone to fix it :dunno:
:spit: I think you owe me a few beers for the shit I've had to put up with from you today :cheers:

Sean
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I also want to remind everyone that this is a gear required ride. If you squid it, you will be asked to go home. +1 No squids. I don't want to see any jerks cruising around, doing a buck 20 in Keens or something.

:spit: I think you owe me a few beers for the shit I've had to put up with from you today :cheers:
I only mock the ones I love (except for Chris, I do that because it's just so fun and easy) I'll buy you a beer anytime. You drink Coors light, right?

Player 2
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I'll buy you a beer anytime. You drink Coors light, right?
I PISS Coors light... :piss:

angab
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Boulder Goons are +1 from now on...cya at 30th/baseline at 9 a.m.

Aracheon
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I only mock the ones I love (except for Chris, I do that because it's just so fun and easy)

:no: :doublefinger:

angab
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
+1 No squids. I don't want to see any jerks cruising around, doing a buck 20 in Keens or something.

Wait I thought Keens were made specifically for weaving through traffic on congested roadways?

Mae
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I would if I werent riding with my friend tomorrow. Her bike has been out of commission for 2 weeks now and she has the riding bug and no one to ride with so I offered (before I knew bout this ride).
Also - no offense to anyone going! - Because of my lack of skill at this point and time I dont feel comfortable riding with people not knowing how they ride. My friends right now are very forgiving of my lack of skill and knowledge and only take me places they feel I can handle and ride at a speed or area again they think I can handle - Thank GOD.

I hope to get to know you all someday though and ride with ya! God knows I want to get out and meet more riders but I dont want to feel in danger or endanger anyone else. Hope some of ya'll (that know me) can forgive me!

angab
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
If anyone has an extra pair of warm riding gloves I would love you forever if you bring them tomorrow...

yeah I know, I'm a total newb and the store didn't have anything but men's L and XL today so...

Thanks!

Aracheon
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I've got a set of women's small A* leather gloves that I keep for passengers. Not sure how warm they'd be, but you're welcome to wear them if they're better than what you have.

Foolds
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I would if I werent riding with my friend tomorrow. Her bike has been out of commission for 2 weeks now and she has the riding bug and no one to ride with so I offered (before I knew bout this ride).
Also - no offense to anyone going! - Because of my lack of skill at this point and time I dont feel comfortable riding with people not knowing how they ride. My friends right now are very forgiving of my lack of skill and knowledge and only take me places they feel I can handle and ride at a speed or area again they think I can handle - Thank GOD.

I hope to get to know you all someday though and ride with ya! God knows I want to get out and meet more riders but I dont want to feel in danger or endanger anyone else. Hope some of ya'll (that know me) can forgive me!

We can, but don't think that a lack of skill is any reason you can't ride with us. Thats one of the things I like about the group, they will help a new rider learn. They will wait for you as long as it takes and never get upset. Lastly no one will push you to go past our comfort zone. Hopefully we will see you on the next ride. Be safe out there.

Aracheon
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:34 PM
We can, but don't think that a lack of skill is any reason you can't ride with us. Thats one of the things I like about the group, they will help a new rider learn. They will wait for you as long as it takes and never get upset. Lastly no one will push you to go past our comfort zone. Hopefully we will see you on the next ride. Be safe out there.

I tried explaining that to her earlier, too. :slap:

Foolds
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM
If anyone has an extra pair of warm riding gloves I would love you forever if you bring them tomorrow...

yeah I know, I'm a total newb and the store didn't have anything but men's L and XL today so...

Thanks!

If Chris's Gloves don't work out, I keep a pair of glove liners in my jacket because my A* are not real warm. They work great under my gloves, let me know tomorrow if you want to borrow them, I don't think I'm going to wear my a*'s tomorrow.

eg bter
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I should make it...I assume you guys are taking 120th to 36...so if I am a few minutes late I will see you guys.

asp_125
Sat Sep 27th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'll stop by at the Conoco and grab a quick coffee with you folks on my way to MoCo. I've already committed to riding to Deckers & beyond with some friends.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 05:34 AM
See you @120th @ 8. Others are coming with me....meeting at Alameda/I-25 gas station @ 740 K/U.(right behind Denny's) on the way up to meet u Northies.

Aracheon
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I'll stop by at the Conoco and grab a quick coffee with you folks on my way to MoCo. I've already committed to riding to Deckers & beyond with some friends.

That would be awesome! :D

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
what another great weekend ride!!!!!:hump:
Great people...:slappers:
Great weather.....:)
GREAT getting let off by OFFICER ROBINSON's Friend too!!!
22 sportbikes all pulled over by Barney Fife!!!!!!:scream1:
Please tell me someone got a picture???

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
It was good to ride with y'all...for the lil bit that I did ride with ya. Amazing weather today...absolutely beautiful up in the hills as well. Hope everyone made it to where they were going.:)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/echolakelodge.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/echolakelodge-1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/chris-ell.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/sebastian-sascha.jpg

eg bter
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P9281349.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P9281351.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P9281352.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P9281353.jpg

Foolds
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Great ride, I'm so glad we keep getting recognized for our excellent riding ability's by the counties finest. And Remember 25 over is $600!

GixxerCarrie
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Great pics...I had a great time....

ZX Rider
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Another great ride.
Can't ask for better weather.
Good people.
Can't wait for another one.

Man, that cop was really pissed off.

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Ha...pissed off. So, I barely turn off the Zed and he's yelling away..."YOU WERE RIDING 65 IN A 40...THAT'S JAIL TIME!!! SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!!" Just as I'm putting my kickstand down, we're taking off again...lol.

Yeah, what a day;-) Thanks for setting the pace from that point, Chris:-D

jaredm85
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
good ride, glad we could meet up with you guys, was a blast

angab
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks all for a great ride! Today was a great day, maybe even more so because of the vein-popper. While getting pulled over is not funny, something about that cop was quite amusing...at least to me.

YOU COULD GO TO JAIL!!! THAT'S A $600 TICKET!!!
(while half of us still have headphones/helmets and can't hear anything he's saying)

eg bter
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Good times...

MikeG
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Please tell me SOMEBODY got a picture of it!?!?

Sully
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM
:lol:.. As someone said on the last ride... "it pays to have no skills".... :lol:

Aracheon
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Please tell me SOMEBODY got a picture of it!?!?

I turned the camera off JUST before I pulled over. :(

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I turned the camera off JUST before I pulled over. :(

I saw you turn it off!!????WTF this agro little man standing in the middle of the road yelling was crackin me the fuck up:slappers:
where's the other footage???
hope mtnairlovers pass is captured on film!!!

great riding with everyone!
having swept for po po many o times I now feel very comfortable riding the packs ass.
sorry to see an R-6 get a little makeover, though, glad to know its pilot is fine.

e ya

UglyDogRacing
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM
You're all a bunch law-breaking maniacs. :)

Sean
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Good ride y'all. Sorry I had to split off early. Glad I got to be part the drama with Officer PowerTrip. Let me tell you, I've learned my lesson about speeding! :banghead:

As we went to Coal Creek I kept wondering "who is this guy making me feel like I'm going 10 under the speed limit" :crazy:

GixxerCarrie
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 10:29 AM

And your not one of them? LMAO. Remembering the conversation at the top of Mt. Evans....asking you where the hell you were...cause I hadn't seen you from my nice spot in the rear. LOL.

mastap07
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
definately had a blast! glad to be able to make it and ride w some new faces! even my poor lil 600 kept up pretty good and stopped just in time b4 hittin the cop lol lets get another ride goin!

bodhizafa
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hell of a turn out Sunday. I was pretty surprised when I went by the Conaco on 30th and Baseline and saw 10 bikes waiting. Sorry for doin indy loops on Broadway, I'm horrible with directions (ya a guy that admitted it).

DevilsTonic
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Breakin the LAW, Breakin the LAW!!! It was a great ride. Sorry i split off from the group so unexpectedly, but i had to PEEEEEE.

:)

next time I'll bring my catheter, duct taped to a gallon ziploc bag so that i don't have to stop. ;)

gtn
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Breakin the LAW, Breakin the LAW!!! It was a great ride. Sorry i split off from the group so unexpectedly, but i had to PEEEEEE.

:)

next time I'll bring my catheter, duct taped to a gallon ziploc bag so that i don't have to stop. ;)

That's a great idea! Just make sure to rig a recorder to catch your screaming when the hose catches and gets yanked out. :up:

fullgrownbear
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 09:39 PM
where did you guys get stopped at? Which county? Deputy or statie?

Foolds
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
where did you guys get stopped at? Which county? Deputy or statie?

Gilpin County, Sheriff Deputy. On P2P right before golden gate

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
:hump:I thought we were in Mayberry and it was Barry Fife? :yes:
We were in the :turtle: group and came up to all the other bikes that were pulled over. All we saw was a police officer in the middle of the highway :scream2:yelling and cussing :scream1: and pulled over behind the squad car. The faster group was already gearing up to take off again :cool:. I was shocked :eek: that he started cussing at us too :o!!!

MikeG
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM
:hump:I thought we were in Mayberry and it was Barry Fife? :yes:
We were in the :turtle: group and came up to all the other bikes that were pulled over. All we saw was a police officer in the middle of the highway :scream2:yelling and cussing :scream1: and pulled over behind the squad car. The faster group was already gearing up to take off again :cool:. I was shocked :eek: that he started cussing at us too :o!!!

I was shocked that you were in the slow group! New tire this week?

gtn
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Was the cop a Boulder County deputy or CSP?

UglyDogRacing
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Was the cop a Boulder County deputy or CSP?

Gilpin County deputy.

mastap07
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 03:38 PM
5'10ish, bald spot on head above ears, was pretty red (thru my tinted visor), some shades on (maybe blue blockers), needed an iron for his shirt, left leg looked longer than the right, could use some driving lessons, i couldnt catch his name but it looked like he jus ate at shananagins. he prolly had to let out his liter of cola!

angab
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
i couldnt catch his name but it looked like he jus ate at shananagins. he prolly had to let out his liter of cola!

hahahaha

"Will you just order a large, Farva?"
"I don't want a large farva. I want a goddamn litre o' cola!"
"I don't know what that is!"

mastap07
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
lol maybe they spit in his food?!?!?

"does that look like spit to you? that looks like spit to me!"
"awww fuck it"

hahahaha

"Will you just order a large, Farva?"
"I don't want a large farva. I want a goddamn litre o' cola!"