PDA

View Full Version : Charity ride yesterday?

TheStig
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM
So was there some kind of charity ride on 470 yesterday? I was riding up to evergreen to meet my sister and got stuck in the middle of about 200 bikes haha. Most were harleys but I did ride next to a guy on a moto guzzi and a couple of SV's. Anyone on here?

I almost ran out of gas because of it haha. I needed to get over to get off and I couldn't because everytime I got over the moto guzzi guy would get next to me haha.

RF900guy
Sun Sep 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM
That was the Emily Keyes "I luv you guys" parade from Columbine to Bailey. It was a nice event and I think there was at least two of in croud from this group. I would have liked to see more of the CSC turn out for this.

There were alot of air cooled V-twins at the event and I have no idea why more of them turn for these events than inline 4 cyl machines or even the liquid-cooled V motors.

I had a good time until it started to hail on the way home.

#1Townie
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 07:21 AM
i was also there..

TheStig
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Haha thats what I thought. I was the guy in the fast lane passing everyone. I wasnt a part of the ride but everyone thought I was. I got kinda stuck haha.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I would have liked to see more of the CSC turn out for this.

There were alot of air cooled V-twins at the event and I have no idea why more of them turn for these events than inline 4 cyl machines or even the liquid-cooled V motors.

I had a good time until it started to hail on the way home.

I said this last year when we did this ride. There were very few CSC peeps there. That being said, I did this ride once to show my support. I will not do it again. Harley guys are assholes in a pack even when it is a charity ride. Riders for Jeebus and the other "clubs" need to put their chrome peckers away and stop being douches long enough to be considered a human being. Sorry, but their antics on any ride I have been on ruin the spirit of the event. They can have the ride to ruin. I will show my support in other ways.

/rant

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I said this last year when we did this ride. There were very few CSC peeps there. That being said, I did this ride once to show my support. I will not do it again. Harley guys are assholes in a pack even when it is a charity ride. Riders for Jeebus and the other "clubs" need to put their chrome peckers away and stop being douches long enough to be considered a human being. Sorry, but their antics on any ride I have been on ruin the spirit of the event. They can have the ride to ruin. I will show my support in other ways.

/rant

Except for the Catholic Schoolgirl Run I'm sure ........................ :twisted:

#1Townie
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM

/rant
there were sport bikes in our group.. no one said a thing or did anything.. it was a good ride for a good reason..

also we lost a rider that day.. on our way back he had somthing happen to the rear wheel and he left the road.. now before anyone says anything about lids and all that crap i was there.. and trust me a lid would only have made things worse for him..

SamuraiX
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
How exactly could a helmet have been a hindrance to the fella im wonderinG?

#1Townie
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 06:35 AM
listen im one of the biggest fans around here when it comes to a lid... so please just trust me this would have been one of those realy freak things..

and i realy hope you are not calling me a dumbshit in that deleted post...

puckstr
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM

/rant

Agreed. I was with you guys LAST year and it blew.
Stop go STOP go STOP
WTF why do you have your fucking Hardly piece of crap in MY lane. Get the hell back to your hole. Noisy, Heavy, worthless excuse for a motorcycle.

As a Jeff told me.
Harley's are a Gas to noise converter.