PDA

View Full Version : Another MC accident - Suspect left the scene

Devaclis
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=100694&provider=top

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Chances that douchebag is found = 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

He probably doesn't think he did anything wrong & doesn't even know what happened.

RyNo24
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with the chances, if the only description on the truck is "pale green from 1970-1980" then its slim. I hope the rider is ok

BeoBe
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
EVERGREEN — The Colorado State Patrol is looking for the driver of a pickup truck that troopers say left the scene of where a motorcyclist was injured in Jefferson County.

Troopers say the pickup truck was heading north when it turned left into the path of a motorcycle heading east on Colo. 74.

Troopers say the motorcycle driver tried to stop so he wouldn’t hit the truck. The motorcycle slid, and its operator was thrown to the ground.

The 51-year-old motorcycle operator, who was wearing a helmet, was taken to a hospital with serious injuries.

Troopers say the pickup truck driver failed to stay at the scene and render aid.

If you have any tips that could help this rider out or if you need a further description of the pickup please contact your local State Patrol office.

Thanks for reading and i hope we catch this asshole!:scream1::banghead:

Be-O-Be

Devaclis
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Mods, can we get this merged with the first thread?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26216

Thanks!!!

BeoBe
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
sorry bout that, looks like the 9news thread he made has a little more info, you can just delete this one.. my apologies for not reading through before posting lol. thanks devaclis

Devaclis
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
No way, good eye and thanks for posting it. Good to know we have peeps looking out for our fellow riders :)

The GECCO
Mon Sep 29th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Not to make light of a serious situation, but the 9 News article describes the suspect driver as being "in his early teens"

WTF?!? That should make him pretty easy to spot!

Best wishes to the injured rider...

Squisha
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
First time in awhile I've seen an article where they didn't essentially say something like, "Motorcyclist caused pickup truck driver to pull out in front of him, making him crash."

ihavealegohead
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I don't think it's unusual for an 18year old to leave the scene. Hopefully his parents or friends will help him find his way to the police station. Letting the police find you is not a good way to go.

DARK ANGEL
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
First time in awhile I've seen an article where they didn't essentially say something like, "Motorcyclist caused pickup truck driver to pull out in front of him, making him crash."

+1000 i think cause of the riders age they didnt figure him to be pulling a wheelie into the truck.... neverless hope they get the driver of the truck and let him learn his lesson he rightfully deserves. (mostly for leaving the scene)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hope those a$$holes that ran die of prostate cancer......:scream1::banghead:

I almost had a major moment yesterday coming north up Monarch pass. this guy in a truck was haulin.......but I was closing fast. the guy went to use both lanes......and I was on the outside of him.......at 90+!!!!!:shocked: He wasn't watching for me I guess, so I can't blame him too much. guess he didn't expect anyone coming up the hill that fast. Screwed up my line totally, and made me swing wider than I wanted to, but after a "pucker" moment, I straightened out and turned to look at him and shake my head. Lucky he DID see me before moving into my line more than a couple feet.

BeoBe
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hope those a$$holes that ran die of prostate cancer......:scream1::banghead:

or they get hit by a drunk driver that runs lol

bikernoj
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I love how many comments claim that having loud pipes would have saved this guy. Anyone with a brain knows that's not the case! I would also like the news folk to report ALL gear a rider was wearing, not just whether or not a helmet was involved!

The guy probably had a dumb half-helmet & goggles, and he got f*cked up. What a surprise! I've slid for 20-30 feet without a single scratch, but I wear full gear. There IS a difference, and the ignorance of the media to report accurate information is as bad as the ignorance of the general public whining about how dangerous motorcycles are!

I don't wear gear to be indestructible, I wear it because I know I'm not.

BeoBe
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
only problem is that i have several friends and family that work for the CBI, the local sheriffs dept and the state patrol and this is crap.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on the loud bikes.. But being a biker its kinda rude as to what your saying right now.

Reason 1- Yes maybe your right and which the thread says (the rider went down trying to avoid hitting the pickup that swerved into his lane) and since you wanna blame the rider heres a news flash for you. The state patrol took and took record of marks made by the pickup truck which went into the riders lane of traffic, and either or the cocksucker in the truck fled the scene which when caught is an automatic conviction of fault.

And half helmet or full at least he may have been wearing a helmet. And i have went down and slid myself, maybe not a scratch on me but i guarentee you that i felt the shit for well over a week. (you CAN have internal injuries including broken bones and internal bleeding without having scratches on your body, so yea consider yourself lucky then. But in fact did you slide 20-30 feet cause you were a stupid ass or because at 55mph you all of a sudden had a pickup coming head on at your ass at god knows how fast and possibly drunk?)

Yes the general publics perception about motorcycles is crap (back in the day) But stop for just one minute and think about how many braindead idiots went out and bought a motorcycle never ridden in their lives to save gas. Those are the morons that dont know how to ride, that dont know how to judge, what to judge or who to judge. These are the people giving us a bad name.

I dont mean to attack you here bikernoj but at the same time when you have no facts other then what you are reading on a news report and to come out and automatically blame the rider is just outright stupid and wrong. But hey, when you went down i bet everyone was blaming you.. This is society and society sucks.. What can you do.

BeoBe
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
oh and PS. If you wanna bash the rider for maybe not wearing a helmet.. Bash your local state laws for being one of the few states that do not require it.. Cause even if the rider was not wearing it, in no way is he at fault, and in no way by not wearing gear or a helmet did he break any laws..

Devaclis
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 08:46 AM
Helmets should NEVER be required. Why do you want to remove someones freedom to choose? What they SHOULD do is give insurance bennies or some other reward for those who DO where helmets.

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 08:55 AM
^^Since most insurance companies cover multiple states, forcing them to discount insurance in one state is unlikely. Plus you know that if it happened we'd just end up paying higher premiums to offset the cost. Additionally, there's no way to prove that you are or are not wearing a helmet on a consistent enough basis to merit a discount.

Spiderman
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM
I don't wear gear to be indestructible, I wear it because I know I'm not.
:applause:

ihavealegohead
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:03 AM
^^Since most insurance companies cover multiple states, forcing them to discount insurance in one state is unlikely. Plus you know that if it happened we'd just end up paying higher premiums to offset the cost. Additionally, there's no way to prove that you are or are not wearing a helmet on a consistent enough basis to merit a discount.

Additionally there isn't much to gain for ABC Insurance, because the cost to replace what they insure (the bike) isn't any more if you live or die.

If insurance companies included mandatory medical insurance for you as a result of a crash, then you could see discounts for wearing equipment. Or at least a discount for sport bike riders vs other types of rides. You could sign a waiver for medical if you have that through your company.

That said, I don't think anyone will accept a mandatory anything.

Spiderman
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:11 AM
Helmets should NEVER be required. Why do you want to remove someones freedom to choose?Do you wear a seatbelt? I don't hear you complaining about that law (maybe I'm not reading enough of your posts, or hanging out with you enough :cheers: :lol: ). :dunno:

What they SHOULD do is give insurance bennies or some other reward for those who DO where helmets.That's a pretty good idea. :up:

Helmet laws, IMHO, are to protect the minority of people who think they don't need a helmet AND die (or get brain damage) from a head injury.

^^Since most insurance companies cover multiple states, forcing them to discount insurance in one state is unlikely. Plus you know that if it happened we'd just end up paying higher premiums to offset the cost. Additionally, there's no way to prove that you are or are not wearing a helmet on a consistent enough basis to merit a discount.Insurance companies already have demographic specifics for different cities, it wouldn't be impossible... How about a surcharge for riders that DON'T wear a helmet (similar to increased life insurance premiums for smokers), with a clause that states, if you weren't wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, you forfeit coverage? :dunno:

Devaclis
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
I wear a seat belt because I choose to. Not because it is the law. Same with a helmet. In either case, I prefer to have the right to choose if I wear them or not.

dirkterrell
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
I wear a seat belt because I choose to. Not because it is the law. Same with a helmet. In either case, I prefer to have the right to choose if I wear them or not.

+1 Do we want others telling us we have to wear full leathers all the time? You know, a padded protective cage around the rider could prevent a lot of injuries too. Maybe they should make us do that? Aw, hell, motorcycles are just too dangerous anyway so let's just get rid of them altogether. When people besides the riders start deciding what the appropriate risk level is, that's where we'll end up. Frankly, I think our growing aversion to risk is a sign of the decline of our society. A society populated by people who accept risks, understand them and then take them on is a society that is healthy. One dominated by people who hide in the corner from fear of accidents, terrorists, whatever is one that is on the way to oblivion.

I have never seen any good data that show helmet laws result in lower health care costs for society. I agree with Bob's idea about how to enforce a discount given to people who wear helmets: forfeit coverage if you claim the discount and then get injured not wearing it.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:39 AM
I say structure it like the law in Ohio: Under the age of 18, wear a helmet all the time. If you're considered a novice (still within 6 months of receiving your endorsement - which they can measure because it's also got an N for novice on your first license) then you need to wear a helmet. After that, it's your choice to be a dumbass.

I can tell you that if I were a cop, every biker I pulled over without a helmet on would get a ticket. Speeding? oh yeah. Aftermarket pipe? that too. Plate not lit at night or too hard to see? you betcha. I'd also let all your friends go too if they were wearing helmets, even if you were the slow one and they were the ones going 20 over the limit. Have a nice day guys! yep.

Spiderman
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:46 AM
I say structure it like the law in Ohio: Under the age of 18, wear a helmet all the time. If you're considered a novice (still within 6 months of receiving your endorsement - which they can measure because it's also got an N for novice on your first license) then you need to wear a helmet. After that, it's your choice to be a dumbass.
I like this idea! :up: :up:

Sortarican
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
I think a couple states have under 21 manditory helmet laws.

I also think helmets for passangers should be manditory.

LambeauXLIV
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 02:32 PM
I think we should make everyone walk around in giant padded hamster balls so nobody gets hurt.

...and think how much fun it would be!

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think a couple states have under 21 manditory helmet laws.

I also think helmets for passangers should be manditory.
The rule that goes with that Ohio law is that any passenger is subject to the same helmet requirements as the rider. So if I'm a newly endorsed rider then my passenger has to wear a helmet too.

ihavealegohead
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Anyone under 21 must wear a helmet.

ghostrider_9
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
I like the tiered system they use in Europe . . . you can only ride a bike up to a certain CC until you have had your license for a certain amount of time, then you can move up.

Spiderman
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
:imwithstupid: ... only problem I can see with that, is some people won't ride the smaller cc bikes (cuz they're embarassed), and won't gain enough valuable experience before "graduating" to bigger bikes.