PDA

View Full Version : 2 Men, 2 Bikes, 4 States, 1,223mi, 2-1/2 days.....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!

Pics and route to follow. Less miles than last time, but more scenic route. Just.....fantastic. Thanks to Steve for being my trusty ride partner....again. Thanks also to Lanette for letting him go and forviging me for letting her cat out the other night!......:)

WooHoo! Soon as my calluses heal up I'll be ready for another one in a couple weeks!:)

Sortarican
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to the pics.:up:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hope this works.....:
http://photobucket.com/CYCLE_MONEY_2008-09-27_4-STATES_RIDE

If not, I'll have to get one of you PC Experts/Geeks to help this ignorant Dago. I'm cell phone-less and stuck in the 19th century.....:)

These pics are scaled down to 24%, so the real ones are much better, but you get the picture (arr arr....).

The basic route:
Steve and I did another trip. We had an awesome time. Did 4 states, and 1,223mi in 2-1/2 days. Sat drove from here to Moab, UT, via 128 (422mi)…..AWESOME!!!! Got some great pics. Then Sun we went down into AZ into Mexican Hat, which was absolutely jaw-dropping, then around into UT again, then down into NM by Ship Rock, then 550N. into Durango for the night (340-ishmi). Then Mon we went up 550N. into Montrose, then did 50 across to Poncha Spgs., then up 24N. into Keadville, then 91N. to 70E, then home (461mi.). Got to see as varied terrain as possible. Incredible redrock canyons, desert buttes and mesas, rolling foothills, mountain passes with changing Aspen and full fall colors…..WOW!

Edit: Ok, seems to work, but the quality kinda sucks. Ah well, what do ya expect for free?

Bashed
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
This is what I'm talk'in about.
Looks like you boys had a great time.
That part of the country gets my presence
at least once a year. One of my top 10 rides
in the country for sure.

Peace Bash

SLVRSURFR
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM
[/quote] Thats an amazing run.. Congrats, and Godspeed on the healing of the callouses, where ever they may be!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, that's an awesome area for sure. We would have enjoyed a couple more bikes, so I'll post up again next time, maybe in a few weeks, and maybe some of ya can go.:)

daemon
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 07:46 AM
very nice pic here frank!!!
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/CYCLE_MONKEY/CSC_IMG_0069.jpg

CurtisRR
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 08:39 AM
Nice trip and pics you guys had. Maybe one of these days I'll bring myself to do a long trip.

GSXRJOHNNY
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sure looks like a fun route, a great part of the country for a ride!