PDA

View Full Version : saturday morning & evening peak to peak ride

denver_whitest185
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
i'm heading down to denver saturday morning from fort collins and will be heading back up to fort collins in the late afternoon. i'll be doing peak to peak both ways.

since fall is here, theres going to be alot of color along that route. i rode it two weeks ago and everything was just starting to change to yellow and orange. this will be a more relaxed cruise, but peak to peak has alot of fun curves.

if anyone is interested, post up. i can meet people at the gas station at harmony and taft for the trip south, and meet people at the gas station off Morrison and C470 on the trip north.

Nimijneb
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 01:00 PM
How long do you think the ride will take? What time would we be leaving and arriving?

Think
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I MIGHT be in... depends on how bad I get Friday night...

denver_whitest185
Tue Sep 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM
it'll be close to 3 hours (the mapping software estimate is off really badly, ive done this trip before). if your up for a good morning of riding, you can do peak to peak with me, and then cruise back up to fort collins via I-25. i was thinking 8ish for leaving fort collins, and then around 5ish when i ride back.

its worth it if you've never ridden it before :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/tedehrlich80227/peaktopeak.jpg

Nimijneb
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Frick! I do want to but my mother inlaws frackin birthday is that day I have to be back by 4....

We should be there by 11am at the latest I'd think. If anyone is interested in leaving at 1pm to get back by 4pm or so Id be down. Im not a huge fan of riding long distances alone.

Ill keep checking the thread.

denver_whitest185
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Frick! I do want to but my mother inlaws frackin birthday is that day I have to be back by 4....

We should be there by 11am at the latest I'd think. If anyone is interested in leaving at 1pm to get back by 4pm or so Id be down. Im not a huge fan of riding long distances alone.

sorry. i have to be somewhere in denver from noon till 4 (thats why im going down there in the first place). however if you just want to ride down to denver with me, then ride back up though either boulder or I-25, you'd have plenty of time to do that and be back by 4.

denver_whitest185
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
you could always do this drive back if you don't want to do i-25. its awesome, however the short cut from rand to gould is a dirt road, but the scenery is worth it (unless your on a super sport, which i wouldn't recommend it then). you would also be going over two 10k ft. passes, so the weather might come into play a little more. it would be a 300 mile day, but you've got 8 hours to burn up (8am-4pm)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/tedehrlich80227/peaktopeak2.jpg

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM

I love riding alone - zigzagging up and down from P-P. Very fun and peaceful... Good to clear my head.

Think
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM

If I go I'll ride back with you, we can probably get lunch or something down in Denver.

I love riding alone - zigzagging up and down from P-P. Very fun and peaceful... Good to clear my head.
+1. If I didn't have my bike this year, I'd be going insane.

Nimijneb
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Alright Think, Ill keep checking this thread.

denver_whitest185
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
so im going to make the starting time to be 8am with kickstands up by 8:15.

oh, if theres a better spot to meet at, like somewhere with breakfast food, im all ears...

Think
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
There is no way I can go now. ROTC just screwed with me and said I have to be at an event for the CSU football game. I'll be riding afterward though.

Nimijneb
Wed Oct 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Alright, Im coming. F it. Ill ride the interstate back. Me and 1000 death cages.

Nimijneb
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Is this still on? Is anyone else going?

Nimijneb
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Well Im assuming you're still planning on riding. Ill be at the gas station at 8.

MikeG
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
I'll be on P2P 2 up tomorrow morning, maybe we'll see each other

denver_whitest185
Sat Oct 4th, 2008, 02:38 AM
yep, its still on. if anyone needs to call me, my cell is 720-284-9669