PDA

View Full Version : Racing 2 Save Lives - Had a meeting at PPIR today

voncon
Fri Nov 12th, 2004, 11:42 PM
It was your involvement with the Racing 2 Save Lives event this year that enticed me to become an active member in this group. In that light, I wanted this board to be the first to get wind of our meeting today at PPIR. We (Tony Baker, Stan Foxworthy and myself) met with the PPIR guys to get the ball rolling on the Racing 2 Save Lives event for 2005.

Pencil in your calendars now for the 9th through the 13th of May. The meeting went very well, and short of a couple of details... we will be upgrading the event to a premier racing circuit.

Not only is the event going upscale, but the Racing 2 Save Lives board has instituted a Racing 2 Save Lives team. A season long campaign that helps market riders for sponsorship while generating revenue for the charity. It's super easy to become a race team member... email me for the details and to have an application forwarded to you.

Picture it now... garages, running water, smooth surface, toilets that flush. Mmmmm..... PPIR. Yeah!

Kurt

Dysco
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Dude.

Bueller
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Sounds great, count me in!

King Nothing
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM
thats awesome! :up: Dysco is a punk.

Buddau
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I would like to do this. Can I get some more info and a sign up sheet?
I wanted to do this last year, but had a lot of things going on.
Can a street bike do this? Or will it have to be MRA tech?
My email is Buddau@aol.com

voncon
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 11:52 AM
One of the best ways to stay abreast of the Racing 2 Save Lives effort is to bookmark the website www.racing2savelives.org

I have Racer Applications for the Racing 2 Save Lives Race Team that I can mail you, or those will be available on the website as well. As I had posted, we still have a few bugs to work out... but for the most part.... you need to plan to spend the week down in the Springs! After the board meets again to discuss all the particulars (meets usually every two weeks), the website will be updated with all pertinent information.

Ralph -- hopefully this isn't me speaking out of turn?

Kurt

Dysco
Sat Nov 13th, 2004, 01:09 PM
thats awesome! :up: Dysco is a punk.

I may be a punk, but that was my happy/giddy/uberexcited "dude"! I may have to take that week off work, yo.

~Barn~
Sun Nov 21st, 2004, 07:52 PM
Now that I have *all* the track gear, I am so in for this, this coming year.
:bananna:

Anonymous
Sun Nov 21st, 2004, 08:26 PM
Regarding the tech comment: Well, I will check all bikes before they go out. Here's what I'm going to look for before I'll give it the ok:

- Motor and overall bike is CLEAN. This helps me verify that...
- Nothing leaking from anywhere!
- No loose parts. I'm going to yank/tug on, and otherwise operate all controls and important bits.
- Hey street riders: NO ANTIFREEZE. Recommend distilled water and Water Wetter, though plain old water will work fine. No bike hits the pavement with anything glycol-based in it, and I will be verifying anything I have not already seen race in the MRA. We will have very limited resources available to help you change this if you forget; I really suggest doing this at home.
- No loose bolts, or parts. Anything not securely fastened will have to be dealt with.
- I'm not going to tech your gear; however if I see you out there in something clearly unsafe or inadequate, I will pull you off the course.
- I don't require safety wire, however if your bike isn't wired up I really recommend going over all bolts that if removed would cause a loss of fluid or loss of control. 110mph into turn one at PPIR would be a bad place to lose something important.

COS Mille
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Are riders required to be licensed racers?

Hoopty
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
No

swademaster
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 02:45 PM
:up:
I hope that I can make it this year.

Anonymous
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Are riders required to be licensed racers?

Nope, however you will have to comply with the gear and minimum tech requirements. We'll get full info and online signup on our website very soon!

Hey y'all, watch this!
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Sounds great!
I can't find a follow-up post. Was the goal reached last year?

Count me in.

troythetroll
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I couldn't find information on the weblink listed. What is this, 5 days of trackdays or some bigger event running along WITH a trackday somewhere?

Anonymous
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM
We didn't quite reach our money goal last year, however we did bring in over $70,000 in donations which is incredible considering we didn't have more than about 13 weeks to pull the whole thing off! We exceeded our mileage goal by quite a bit.

Troy - This is basically 3 days of open riding at PPIR, followed by 2 days of MRA races. Full information will be up very soon on the site, it's undergoing a full redesign right now so the updates have been maintenence-related only. You can also check out the PR section on there for press releases that have some current information on it. Anyway, we should have everything up on there shortly.

COS Mille
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Great, will watch the web site. Thanks

FZRguy
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 12:44 AM
:up:

NZ Darren
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 01:51 AM
You got 70k last year? I didn't know that.
Thats damm impressive!!

Mista Black
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 02:02 AM
i'll be there if the Gods are willing and no van's run over the front of my bike again :x

i'm gonna try for my 1000 mile day this year too :D we'll see how that works out for me :P

Anonymous
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 08:05 AM
i'm gonna try for my 1000 mile day this year too :D we'll see how that works out for me :P

At pikes? :wtf:

Mista Black
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 08:07 AM
why not?? :?

Hoopty
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 08:41 AM
:siesta:

Anonymous
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:39 AM
why not?? :?

Well, at 1.315 miles per lap you'll be doing 761 laps. At even a minute six per lap, you would need over 13 hours to pull this off (and that doesn't include stops for tires and gas). A 1.06 isn't blazingly fast, but it's a brisk pace. Since our day is 9 hours long at PPIR, you'd have to set records that would make Mat Mladin cry. :)

So, it's what we here at the Institute of Physical Improbabilities like to call, "mathematically impossible". ;)

Hoopty
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM
1000 miles in one day at a track that small would be rough. :shock:

Anonymous
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:57 AM
1000 miles in one day at a track that small would be rough. :shock:

At any track it would be rough, unless you have big ass turns and long straights to build up insane speed on. The most anyone was able to pull in a day was 200 laps (so about 340 miles) at SCR last year. That was Lisa Kary riding pretty much nonstop, sunup to sundown. That translates to about 447 laps at PPIR. If you can muster that many laps, you will probably not be beat! I definitely encourage you to try it.

Here are some interesting stats from last year's event. Remember, one lap at SCR = 1.7 miles.

Top Riders By Day
Monday : Drew Brown 148 Laps
Tuesday: Dale Murphy 114 laps
Wednesday : Ty Piz (frmr AMA 250 guy) 145 Laps
Thursday: David Borden 122 Laps
Friday: Lisa Kary 200 Laps

Top Inclement Weather Rider: Drew Brown 148 laps in torrential rain on
Monday.

Gut check Day: Monday - In a torrential rain, 4 different riders rode over
100 laps each, a feat not to be topped until Friday.

Top Individual Rider for event: Bryce Davis 262 Laps

Top Pledge Collector for event: Dale Murphy over $2400

Top Team for event: Liberty Boogie Cheetah's (Lisa Kary, Hanna Steplewska,
Donna Bowden, Shanna Hyer) 594 Laps = 1009 miles.

Iron (wo)Man Award: Lisa Kary - 200 Laps in a single day.

FZRguy
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hey, I did 34 laps... :D

Mista Black
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 07:09 PM
you're a stud john!! :up:

Duane
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
One of the best ways to stay abreast of the Racing 2 Save Lives effort is to bookmark the website www.racing2savelives.org

I have Racer Applications for the Racing 2 Save Lives Race Team that I can mail you, or those will be available on the website as well. As I had posted, we still have a few bugs to work out... but for the most part.... you need to plan to spend the week down in the Springs! After the board meets again to discuss all the particulars (meets usually every two weeks), the website will be updated with all pertinent information.

Kurt

Can I get applications from you? I have a team of 4 people for this event. Can we apply as a team on one or do we need 4 separate applications?
duane_stinson31@yahoo.com
cell:719649-8122

Thanks
Duane

S2RGRL
Fri Mar 18th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Top Team for event: Liberty Boogie Cheetah's (Lisa Kary, Hanna Steplewska,
Donna Bowden, Shanna Hyer) 594 Laps = 1009 miles.

Iron (wo)Man Award: Lisa Kary - 200 Laps in a single day.

That's amazing! These girls rock! :D

Anonymous
Fri Mar 18th, 2005, 09:29 AM

Kurt

Can I get applications from you? I have a team of 4 people for this event. Can we apply as a team on one or do we need 4 separate applications?
duane_stinson31@yahoo.com
cell:719649-8122

Thanks
Duane

Hi Duane,

We're going to have online signup, as well as faxable forms available on our website very soon. We'll make an announcement here once that is ready. Thanks!

- Ralph (R2SL Operations Director)

COS Mille
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Question on the prices, are the $50, $90, or $120 prices per rider or per team? Can a team have more than one rider on the trackat a time? Just one more, is a cordura sport touring suit OK, or must it be leather?
Really looking forward to this.

Anonymous
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Prices are per rider. A team can have as many riders on the track as you like! And that suit will be fine as long as the top and bottom halves zip together (leather is not a requirement).

I'm putting the finishing touches on the signup stuff as we speak, it will be available VERY soon! Stay tuned...

Thanks, and see you there!