PDA

View Full Version : Ski Boots?

Sean
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
This is going to be my first season as a skier (or some varient of). I got a season pass and some old skies off of a buddy; now I need to find some boots. Anybody have tips on good places to get some used or reasonable, keeping in mind a low budget? Or anybody have any that they want to sell? I'm size 11.5-12 (46-47 euro) I think.

Any tips would be great.

rybo
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Sean,

Waste no time in going to a real ski shop and getting properly fitted for boots. I like Colorado Ski and Golf on Havana in Aurora, they do really decent boot fitting there. This is the most important part of your ski equipment purchase and doing it wrong will equal misery. Doing it right will equal a much better time skiing. Buy cheap crappy used skis, buy a used beat up jacket, but go get good boots.

my .o2

s

Matrix
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
+1. I would look at boots as if you are buying a motorcycle helmet. Never buy used and always go with the best you can afford.

You might check SNIGRAB if its still going on. Normally its last years gear that is marked down to get rid of the inventory but their hasnt been any big advances in boots in the last few years so it wont matter. Anywhere you go to look make sure you ask if they have any overstock from last year as well.

Good luck!

Matty
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Waste no time in going to a real ski shop and getting properly fitted for boots. I like Colorado Ski and Golf on Havana in Aurora, they do really decent boot fitting there.

+1.

I work over at Colorado Ski & Golf at the Aurora store. I'm in the snowboard dept. but i'm friends with the ski boot guys. Definitely come on in and i'll introduce you to the better boots fitters.

Boots whether it be for boarding or skiing are the most important part. If your feet are hurting and the boots don't fit right, you're going to be hating your time on the mountain.

At my shop they still have a good amount of last years boots that are far less expensive than 'o9 models. Also Ski Expo is Nov. 7-9th at the convention center. So there will be some less expensive boots there as well.

But like i said, if anything, spend the money on your boots. trust me.

send me a PM if you got any questions.

Sean
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tips guys! I didn't know that they were that important? I will def put some more thought, effort and maybe cash behind it! Boots = Helmet, that's pretty deep joe

And thanks for offering to intro me to some guys Matty, I appreciate it. I'll probably check some shops up here, but I may take you up on it.

Matty
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
And thanks for offering to intro me to some guys Matty, I appreciate it. I'll probably check some shops up here, but I may take you up on it.
There's also a Ski and Golf in Arvada. We also have a couple in Boulder but they go by a different name. I'll find out.

Sean
Thu Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
There's also a Ski and Golf in Arvada. We also have a couple in Boulder but they go by a different name. I'll find out.
:up: Sweet, thanks!