PDA

View Full Version : One free ticket to the Airshow

Intrepid
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Folks,

I'm going to the Air Show this weekend. I've got one spare ticket I scored @ work. I plan on going Sunday but the misses is working, so if anyone is interested, PM me. I starts at like 0900.

As for others, if a bunch of people plan on checking it out, we should get together and ride down together, and maybe burn a tank afterwards.

Let me know.

Cat118!
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:08 PM
where is it at? its there one tomorrow

Intrepid
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
It's the Colorado Springs air show, at the Old Colorado Springs airport off Fountain. The ticket is good both days, but I'm going Sunday because there are more performances that day.

Cat118!
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
GASP!!! I wanna go.... Let me see if I can find someone to go with me

Brat
Fri Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
i think the state patrol has a booth there, im thinking smokey'll be there. is the weather supposed to behave sunday? you riding there? hmmmmmmm.

Intrepid
Sat Oct 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry kids, the misses got the day off afterall. But yes we're riding there. If anyone wants to meet up in the AM and head down together, hit me up.

Brat
Sat Oct 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM
how much are the tickets"?

Intrepid
Sat Oct 4th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Not much. I'm thinking 10 bucks or something.

Brat
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM
a friend went he got a pic of the stealth bomber. he was stoked. lol.

aLiEn
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I was wondering what was going on that day when i saw the stealth bomber fly over the west side!!!

Intrepid
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Well kids, I turns out the Airshow was weak so far as airshows go, and I've been to my share of them. We saw two Raptors take off, which would have been cooler of they had been on the ground. Then there was a Super Hornet solo demo, which was okay, another Hormet demo from Canada which was good too, but I was a member of that demo team in 2003 so it wasn't new to me, and finally the Snowbirds did their flat show because of the low ceiling.

As far as static displays were concerned, the Hornets were on the ground but on the other side of fence line, which is lame for the kids. We normally let the public crawl all over the bird and kids sit in the cockpit - for some reason the show organisers didn't allow it. There was a Hercules and that's it for new stuff. As for warbirds, there was an Avenger and a yet another Texan on the ground, and that's it. Lame.

In all fairness, this show was organised in the last three months in an ad-hoc way. I understand they started planning for next year already, so hopefully more acts and displays will be present. I'll be sure to check it out. Can't fault them when they only had 3 months to prepare.

Brat
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
you see that state patrol guy.. lol. smokey is his nickname. :) it was rather mellow show imo.