PDA

View Full Version : Comcast FTL!!!

Toner
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Anyone else lose their HD signal watching the game today?

dm_gsxr
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
What game?

We were up in Loveland looking at a 2007 BMW GS :D

Carl

Nick_Ninja
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It was FOX. Dish lost signal too ------- but they switched on the NFL feed so no big deal.

Dizzy D
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
It was FOX. Dish lost signal too ------- but they switched on the NFL feed so no big deal.

Ditto

RyNo24
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Lol, we were at Old Chicago and everyone booed when it went off. Stupid fox....

P.S. Comcast still sucks though lol.

schwagman
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I am Finally watching the game on Fox, Fox has been dropping the ball for a while.

InlineSIX24
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Comcast is pissing me off lately. Throttling download speed and writing cease and desist letters because of bit torrent usage. Might be time to switch to Qwest, unless they are pulling that crap too.

schwagman
Sun Oct 5th, 2008, 09:01 PM
It's not just comcast, I have Direct TV and they do it too. I think it is Fox.

Devaclis
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Tower on lookout mountain got hit by lightening. Not Comcasts fault. Not Fox 31's fault.

You should cancel your service to mother nature.

I`m Batman
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Comcast is pissing me off lately. Throttling download speed and writing cease and desist letters because of bit torrent usage. Might be time to switch to Qwest, unless they are pulling that crap too.

you DL more than 250 GB a month?

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:26 AM

That's odd. I use bittorrent and haven't received a C&D letter. Maybe they sent it via e-mail to my comcast account... which I _never_ log into :D

Carl

InlineSIX24
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 08:30 AM
you DL more than 250 GB a month?

Not typically as I usually don't have time. I have a few friends that live online though that it wouldn't be unusual for. They didn't say whether the letters came by mail or email.

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Don't get me started on Comcast. I made an appointment for them to come between 8-10am and the dude FINALLY shows up @ 12:45pm after numerous calls to Comcast asking them where the ef they were. :scream1:

And FOX was even out through the antenna HD, but the regular channel worked. :dunno:

Devaclis
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Their analog and digital towers were hit by lightening. Some people still had service.

As for their install peeps, Comcast, Dish, Direct TV sets the appointment and then sends out contractors to do the work. The bad rap these companies get is due to the cheap, no talent, retards they have installing the equipment. Most of them are just dirtbags with no real commitment to Comcast or to you but to show up at some point and install your gear. They have no QOS agreements per se with the parent company.

pilot
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
What game?

We were up in Loveland looking at a 2007 BMW GS :D

CarlYou suck! :) Getting rid of the Busa?

Ricky
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I definitely lost mine. It was teh suck

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Susan was a sweetheart and got us tickets to the game. :)

Dirk

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
You suck! :) Getting rid of the Busa?

Nah, it's for Rita. She's getting rid of the Ninja and hunting hard for a GS. After riding the 2007 (way too high a price), she's going to Foothills to order a stripped down model.

Carl

ihavealegohead
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM

What kind of letters? As in stop stealing mp3's and apps? Or don't use p2p?

What right do they have to say you can't use p2p?

InlineSIX24
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
What kind of letters? As in stop stealing mp3's and apps? Or don't use p2p?

What right do they have to say you can't use p2p?

It was specific to dragging down bandwidth w/ bit torrent. I say if you are paying for it and they are advertising the huge pipe then they should find a way to grow their availability and not fight the technology.

ihavealegohead
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
It was specific to dragging down bandwidth w/ bit torrent. I say if you are paying for it and they are advertising the huge pipe then they should find a way to grow their availability and not fight the technology.

This is from a recent email from CC

"In the updated AUP, we clarify that monthly data (or bandwidth) usage of more than 250 Gigabytes (GB) is the specific threshold that defines excessive use of our service. We have an excessive use policy because a fraction of one percent of our customers use such a disproportionate amount of bandwidth every month that they may degrade the online experience of other customers"

pilot
Mon Oct 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
War Driving: It's not for the faint of heart. Information use to be relatively easy to get. Be it entertainment, news, sports or the list goes on. Now, everybody wants the $$$. A friend of mine is paying $3,200 for two years worth of service for his I-Phone. Nice technology, but give me a break on the price package.