PDA

View Full Version : Stirring the Political Pot...

Pages : 1 [2]

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dude! Use your good eye. That ain't what it's saying.

Though Junior did manage two slight hiccup drops during his time.

And of course Raygun/Bush just ran that sucker up faster than a coke whore using stolen credit card.
I'll use my third eye, that's the only one that seems to work! Doh!:cry:

Actually, that's EXACTLY what the curve says. If you look at the graph, we spent a longer time at a higher average level of debt under the Klinton Years. Take and mirror the Bush curve about the 2000 vertical line, and see what I mean. It's like comparing torque or hp curves. the more time spent under the graph line is significant. It shows spending under Bush 1 was already flattening out after spending increased during the war (starting in '90?) and started to decrease and flatten out before Klinton took office. Then, while it flattened out, it didn't start to drop until the last 4 years. Then, soon after Bush took over, 9/11 happened, and the spending, while increasing, isn't as bad as you'd expect, and in fact flattened back out before recently climbing again. not to say I'm a fan of it going back up, but like I said, look at the area under the curve. If needed, get an Engineer to help!:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Look at the trends Frank. You have to be continuous in the graph (C1 at the very least), since you inherit what your predecessor left you. The slope was negative in the Clinton years after the inflection point early on. Truman's was so high because of the dual effect of the Second World War and low GDP. As we became a consumer economy, GDP increased, so a static debt level means a decreasing graph. GDP grew under Bush at first, so a rising graph means the debt level was rising faster than GDP. That is like you increasing your spending faster than you are getting a raise.

Hamster f*cker.
I understand that. All good points. Glad someone here can read a graph. The momentum thing, but I think it's still significant that when Klinton gutted the military and intelligence, it led to 9/11 (this from several sources including a high-ranking Naval Intelligence Officer I spent a few hours talking to), so I'd expect to see debt go up with that attack on us and our subsequent military reaction. But I think the admin. did a pretty good job of flattening out the curve, and it's only recently that it's gone back up. So, hopefully, they can bring that upward spike at the end down so McCain will be able to flatten it out some more.:)

P.S. Certainly doesn't look C1 when 9/11 happened though does it? Although, if you could zoom in enough, it might....

P.P.S And hey, I may be a lizard f#cker, but I swear, I NEVER f#cked a hamster!
Ok, I might have woken up next to a couple.....but they weren't hamsters when they got INTO bed, dammit!!!!!:)

Stuart Little
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
LOLROFLLMAO
You're blaming McCain for the photographer not even being able to get him in the picture?!?! Now THAT'S funny!:)

So you see how ridiculous your stance is :) Just as silly in my opinion, and we all know McCain's big ol' squirrel cheeks barely fit in a single shot of him!

dapper
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
According to the Senate bill 2279. Sen. Joseph Biden Jr (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-2279) & Sen. Barack Obama (http://www.mediaradar.org/alert20080825.php) are the backers of this bill, tearing apart families (http://www.mediaradar.org/alert20080428.php).
"Sen. Barack Obama Supports I-VAWA!"

It's easier to find reason behind the 'why' we shouldn't vote for people than the reasons 'why' we should. :(

I-VAWA (http://www.mediaradar.org/why_ivawa200801_campaign.php)

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.truthorfiction.com/images/salute.jpg
Respect
Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.
Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....how in the hell can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. I dislike the ideology of a vote for the Independent party is a vote for the "O". How's that for being transparent!:)

Ha! You have no clue what you're talking about...not with that particular picture...it was SNOPED. Um, but keep going. Just like a lot of people, you show how you let your own beliefs get in the way of what is truly being said, or what is being gestured.

Here's the full SNOPES on Obama and when he puts his hand over his heart (during the pledge, which is when you're supposed to) and when he does not like during the national anthem (when it's not a requirement).

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

Filo
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Ha! You have no clue what you're talking about...not with that particular picture...it was SNOPED. Um, but keep going. Just like a lot of people, you show how you let your own beliefs get in the way of what is truly being said, or what is being gestured.

Here's the full SNOPES on Obama and when he puts his hand over his heart (during the pledge, which is when you're supposed to) and when he does not like during the national anthem (when it's not a requirement).

Well, you know what I have to say to that....

hamster f*cker.

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 08:31 PM
:lol:

yeah...well...:doublefinger:

ok...yeah, I got nuttin';)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
you make me laugh :lol::lol:

and why would I want to stay in the Springs, I'd much prefer to sack Denver.

Because that's where you belong. The only sack you will ever see is the one currently over your head.

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Because that's where you belong. The only sack you will ever see is the one currently over your head.

you're right, I love the Springs and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. As far as sacks go, just get used to the fact that you're going to get buried in one. :)

fullgrownbear
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Nick, you've got so much hate built up against christians, it's sickening.

It's evident from your post's that you're completely empty inside. By empty - I mean that your obvious hate filled heart (evident from your posting) will never be satisfied when it goes on continuing in hate.

If christians have been around since the time of Jesus - there's no way you're gonig to get rid of them - or the religion.

You're just going to have to learn to "coexist". Isn't that the bumper sticker that I see 9 times out of 10 in boulder anyway? "Coexist" spelled with a half moon, a cross, and some other jargan.

Live up to your peace loving community man, so far you're not doing a very good job. :up:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Nick, you've got so much hate built up against christians, it's sickening.

It's evident from your post's that you're completely empty inside. By empty - I mean that your obvious hate filled heart (evident from your posting) will never be satisfied when it goes on continuing in hate.

If christians have been around since the time of Jesus - there's no way you're gonig to get rid of them - or the religion.

You're just going to have to learn to "coexist". Isn't that the bumper sticker that I see 9 times out of 10 in boulder anyway? "Coexist" spelled with a half moon, a cross, and some other jargan.

Live up to your peace loving community man, so far you're not doing a very good job. :up:

And why don't you crawl back in that fuckin Colorado State Patrol hole where you belong. If I could cut the state budget I'd begin with your job. Fuckin' cop.

fullgrownbear
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 09:27 PM
No comment. Yours speaks for itself. :up:

rforsythe
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM
*sigh*, and this thread was going so well.... :rolleyes:

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
*sigh*, and this thread was going so well.... :rolleyes:

you know Ralph, aside from some of the smack talking. I thought this was one of the better threads to come along. Most people were putting some good info out there and really making an effort.

again smack aside, it's still a good thread.

Vance
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 07:07 AM
you know Ralph, aside from some of the smack talking. I thought this was one of the better threads to come along. Most people were putting some good info out there and really making an effort.

again smack aside, it's still a good thread.

My job here is done...
Almost...

Snowman
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
My job here is done...
Almost...
Just throw up another 200 word tirade Vance, and we'll be good for another 10 pages.

Filo
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 08:30 AM
you're right, I love the Springs...

What a couple of Colorado Springs Hamster f*ckers.

stuff deleted

Damn Boulder prairie dog f*cker.

Hey, this name calling stuff is fun.

pilot
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Speaking of "sack", this reminds me of the story of the traveling, or laughing, Buddha. He can be seen in most any Asian restaurant as he is the patron of merchants and bartenders.

Legend has it that he would go from town to town with his sack full of: candy for children, money for the poor, luck for merchants, and happiness for all. One day the monk was stopped in the street and asked why he was always so happy and never to be troubled. The monk looked at the man, smiled and dropped the weight of the sack from his shoulders and began laughing.

http://www.jadesmarket.com/images/BronzeBuddhaMoney2.jpg

Every day in the pursuit of knowledge we acquire something,
Every day in the pursuit of wisdom we let something go.

Sortarican
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
..... The only sack you will ever see is the one currently over your head.

..., just get used to the fact that you're going to get buried in one. :)

I guess we won't be chocking this one up under the "agree to disagree" category.

How 'bout we at least agree to terms.
If N_N's camp wins the revolution he'll show his adversary the honor of bagging B_K in a MIL Spec body bag and burying him at the garden of the gods.
If B_K's camp wins he'll show the same respect and bag N_N in a reusable, 100% biodegradable, hemp sackand burying him at the base of the flat irons.

Shea
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I guess we won't be chocking this one up under the "agree to disagree" category.

If N_N's camp wins the revolution he'll show his adversary the honor of bagging B_K in a MIL Spec body bag and burying him at the garden of the gods.
If B_K's camp wins he'll show the same respect and bag N_N in a reusable, 100% biodegradable, hemp sackand burying him at the base of the flat irons.

And if my side wins the revolution, all you bitches that think they can run my life better then me (on the left AND the right wings) will get kicked in their respective sacks and left flopping on the ground like a carp. When they realize my freedom is beyond the scope of their power they can get up....

Sortarican
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM
When they realize my freedom is beyond the scope of their power and their balls finally drop down from their throats they can get up....

^^^ Clearified it for ya Shea.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM

I see 3 people with hands on their hearts, and the "Man-Who-would-Be-King" showing his blatant disrespect. We were taught to put our hands over our hearts for both the pledge AND the anthem. That, his association with the "whitey-hatin'/America-hatin" pet priest of his, and his biotches "finally proud" comment are more than I needed to make my decision long ago.

F#CK NO-BAMA!

puckstr
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
YET AGAIN..... IT WAS THE NATIONAL ANTHEM NOT THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE!!!!!!!!!!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=obama%20no%20hand%20over%20heart&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

WATCH THE VIDEO!!!

Oh and you should put your hand over your hand for the Pledge of Allegiance, I don't give a crap what the flying hampster fuckers with there hands over there crotch think.

puckstr
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
oh and this is just sad.

http://www.helpobamasbrother.org/

Vance
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Just throw up another 200 word tirade Vance, and we'll be good for another 10 pages.

Sorry...
Today the only rant I could muster would be about 5000 words about how much of a cunt sucking twat douche bag of a waste of oxygen my self-serving hobgoblin of an ex-wife is and how much I'd like her to suffer a prolonged suffering worse than even my favorite torture method of using a leg-waxing kit with superglue instead of wax and adding a nice aftershave of salt and lemon juice would cause a normal human.

Yes... politics is NOT on the forefront of my mind today.
maybe tomorrow.

Sortarican
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
This sums up Barack's vision of hope in a way I believe we all can identify with and appreciate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4

Devaclis
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Is it chocolate rain?

Devaclis
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Funny/Inspirational%20Posters/wbuvsk.jpg

The Black Knight
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:49 PM

"there are no pacts between lions and men" :)

Devaclis
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
"there are no pacts between lions and men" :)

Huh?

http://vwaudirally.com/sig/bs427.JPG

Sortarican
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Is it chocolate rain?

Oh that's right....you can't youtube....sux2BU

The Black Knight
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Huh?

It's a quote from Achilles.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry...
Today the only rant I could muster would be about 5000 words about how much of a cunt sucking twat douche bag of a waste of oxygen my self-serving hobgoblin of an ex-wife is and how much I'd like her to suffer a prolonged suffering worse than even my favorite torture method of using a leg-waxing kit with superglue instead of wax and adding a nice aftershave of salt and lemon juice would cause a normal human.

Yes... politics is NOT on the forefront of my mind today.
maybe tomorrow.
....MY OFFER STILL STANDS....:)

dapper
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
http://theblacksentinel.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sheeple.gif
Baaaaa

The media and all the straight talk has thy pondering:
Could we all be in our own Truman Show...as Jim Carry?

Whoever wins...will be da Big Poppa Pimp.
http://www.completelybonkers.co.uk/images/bib%20poppa%20purple.jpg
I say we should start the paperwork on Nov 3rd for impeachment..just in case...:)

#1Townie
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:08 AM
obama is is a piece of shit.. but he is right.. we do need change.. we need to stop voting for the less of 2 evils and take this country back.. i dont care if you dem or rep.. both of your partys have had more then their far share of fucking this country up.. it is time for a change.. it is time that we all come together and demand a change.. not a vote for giant duche or a turd sandwich... stop being sheep!!!!!

puckstr
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
obama is is a piece of shit.. but he is right.. we do need change.. we need to stop voting for the less of 2 evils and take this country back.. i dont care if you dem or rep.. both of your partys have had more then their far share of fucking this country up.. it is time for a change.. it is time that we all come together and demand a change.. not a vote for giant duche or a turd sandwich... stop being sheep!!!!!

That's what I am talking about!!!!!! :rock:

Vance
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
The day got a little better late last night when the decision maker on our case basically laid a bitchslap down on that waste of oxygen by telling her she could not stop me from having the kids on their fall break on my days even if I was working from home when it was clear she was angling for an emergency ruling from him to stop me from doing so.

The way she slammed the door in my face when I dropped the kids off last night to her told me she was still more than a little upset by that ruling.

:D

Still not the ruling I need to crack open my bottle of absinthe that's been waiting around...

Soon...
Very soon...
I hope.

TFOGGuys
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:34 PM
That's what I am talking about!!!!!! :rock:

http://www.lp.org/platform

:applause:

Vance
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.lp.org/platform

:applause:

I ran under the LP banner when I was running for Gov and then CU Regent...
Worst mistake I ever made trying to get into politics that's for certain!

The concepts of libertarianism (small "l") are good. I like them in many respects.

The PLATFORM of the Big "L" Libertarian Party is flawed however on many levels because of lack of practicality in a modern world... but worse yet because of the oft members of the party who do not understand the political process enough and believe you can somehow rewind politics and laws back to pre-1933 or such. Added to that insult of oft stupidity is the fact none of them possess the motivation to actually DO anything to get off their behinds to get politically motivated other than to bitch about something or some policy or some politician. They're inherently ANTI-something rather than attempt to run a genuine campaign about changing things for the better.

This is why they hated me when I ran for governor --- because I ran on a legitimate small "l" libertarian platform based on real world changes that could be achievable - and even better in an election cycle - MARKETABLE TO THE PUBLIC - rather than lofty aspirations of regressing our system.

Because I wasn't "big L" enough for them...
They got their asses kicked in yet another election and didn't even get a valid message out to anyone.

TFOGGuys
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
True...but the LP IS on the ballot in all 50 states, DC, PR, and Guam this year....

Shea
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I ran under the LP banner when I was running for Gov and then CU Regent...
Worst mistake I ever made trying to get into politics that's for certain!

The concepts of libertarianism (small "l") are good. I like them in many respects.

The PLATFORM of the Big "L" Libertarian Party is flawed however on many levels because of lack of practicality in a modern world... but worse yet because of the oft members of the party who do not understand the political process enough and believe you can somehow rewind politics and laws back to pre-1933 or such. Added to that insult of oft stupidity is the fact none of them possess the motivation to actually DO anything to get off their behinds to get politically motivated other than to bitch about something or some policy or some politician. They're inherently ANTI-something rather than attempt to run a genuine campaign about changing things for the better.

This is why they hated me when I ran for governor --- because I ran on a legitimate small "l" libertarian platform based on real world changes that could be achievable - and even better in an election cycle - MARKETABLE TO THE PUBLIC - rather than lofty aspirations of regressing our system.

They got their asses kicked in yet another election and didn't even get a valid message out to anyone.

:imwithstupid:

Most "Big L" libertarians live a utopian dream world and have no interest in being a major political party because of it. Some of their platform is misguided at best (the open border stance to name one) but I tend to lean in their general direction. Unfortunately most in this country are so dependent on the system that they can be easily scared into voting against any libertarian candidate.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Nah......they just thought you sucked!:)

Hamster f#cker.......