PDA

View Full Version : Major Recall on ZX-10's?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I was at wal-mart in the magazine section reading "cycle world" or "sport rider" and i happened to notice a "Recall" on all ZX-10R's front and/or rear wheel? Anyone know anything about this? I hadn't seen it posted, but it sounded pretty important. Just a heads up.
Travis

Did a google search and found this...I don't have kawi, just lookin out
http://www.sportbikes.ws/archive/index.php/t-39011.html

R1ch
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Yep, it has been out for a while. The wheels were on back order for quite some time. Only one person experienced the problem but further examination showed some others had shown signs of fatigue. New model blues but this one could kill you. :)

Bugkiller1
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 01:52 PM
This was the major deciding factor in me choosing a R1 over a ZX-10. Kawisaki is notorious for having problems with first generation bikes.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Yeah Neil...it's not like you were biased before!

Bugkiller1
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM
True... I do love Yamaha, but I like all motorcycles. Any bike is better than no bike!

Canuck
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 05:02 PM
That news is about 4 months old.
There was a recall on the front wheel, due to a possible crack forming from the discovery of some improper wheel mold's during manufacturing.
Their have only been about 3 cases reported of this happening. That front end is usually up in the air, so having a faulty wheel is not good for those hard landings.

BTW, BugKiller, all manufactures have some issues with first run (edition) models. I do remember Yamaha having problems with some of there rear-sets breaking on I believe it was the RI from a couple of years ago.

Bugkiller1
Tue Nov 16th, 2004, 05:26 PM
That news is about 4 months old.
There was a recall on the front wheel, due to a possible crack forming from the discovery of some improper wheel mold's during manufacturing.
Their have only been about 3 cases reported of this happening. That front end is usually up in the air, so having a faulty wheel is not good for those hard landings.

BTW, BugKiller, all manufactures have some issues with first run (edition) models. I do remember Yamaha having problems with some of there rear-sets breaking on I believe it was the RI from a couple of years ago.

Yeah... not as many as Kawisakis! :P Triumph is the worst. I remember hearing about their frame breaking in two on the Daytona under heavy breaking.