Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM

modette99
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM

~Barn~
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Yikes. I'll have to re-read the post to digest it all, but my best to Brian. =\

dallas
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hope he recovers pretty quickly. As for the bike, I hope it won't take too much to get it back on the road.

636chick
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Yikes is right!!!!!

I am so glad that Brian is doing better and was wearing that ever important lid!!!!!!

Please send him our best wish's and good thoughts for a speedy recovery. Metal and plastic can be reapired his recovery is what matters the most. :)

Sully
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery. Good thing you were riding with him and was able to offer assistance.

Rednarb
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Get well, Brian and family!

asp_125
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
My best to Brian, ATGATT works!

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Thank God for that helmet!! Sorry to hear, but glad he's doing better. All the best to Brian on his recovery.

modette99
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM

modette99
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I would like to thank all you here for your best wishes.

Hi11Zone
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Quick Recovery!:):)

McVaaahhh
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Bummer to hear this for sure, but I hope Brian has a speedy recovery and none of the marbles are cracked.

Wonder how he woulda made out if his helmet was strapped to the tail of the bike???

FZ1Guy
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about the wreck, hope he gets better soon.

I had a wreck on some gravel about 1-1/2 months ago and am still recovering from a broken leg, 5 fractured ribs & fractured collar bone.

Hope the bike isn't wrecked too bad, take care.

Jeff

Mental
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Sounds like you kept a pretty clear head and good on your for that. Best on the recovery, for both of you.

y_merkle
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I hope for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear it wasn't any worse though and as Mental said, you kept your cool and I am sure he is thankful for all that you did.

Devaclis
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. If you guys need ANY help fixing up that old Hawk you let me know. It would be like taking care of one of my own.

shift shiftly
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
My condolences! Moreover, wishes for a speedy recovery!

It's a lotto everyone will go down once or more.

Best Wishes,

Shift

schwagman
Tue Oct 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Get well soon. God Bless

pwrtrippin
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, thanks to everyone for their thoughts, the part that upsets me most is not knowing what lead up to that point. Huge thanks to all the people that helped at the accident and to those at the hospital for looking after me. That day I had all my gear on Shoei helmet, Hein Gericke jacket, and gloves, tecnik leathers and sidi boots. I think I used them all a little and the helmet a lot but because of it all, I got a way with a concussion, 3 bruises and a couple of scrapes, so heres to wearing the right gear. Huge thanks to Modette, I may have really been screwed up if he wasn't there and kept his cool, I hope I never have to be there for you buddy but if I am hopfully I can keep my cool too. After having the time to think about cycling and all, its in my blood, so I'll stay with it in some form or another, weather in dirt or street. Never being one to let a good bike die though, I will rebuild the hawk, I've been looking for one to customize and get rid of the speedy anyway and this one is now in just the right condition I was looking for. If the family pushes to get off the street, I'll rebuild it just to showcase my skills. The frame is staight, the engine, radiator and triples untouched, the forks will need a good checking over, they slid 3 inches in the triples, the subframe is bent, gauges are gone, and the rims and possibly rotors are shot. I'm thinking a Ducati monster seat on a custom subframe, trail tech vapor guage cbr600f3 front forks, wheel and brake, and a vfr750 rear rim so I can put some modern rubber under this thing. And of couse a penske shock. Anyone want to buy a really clean 01 Speed Triple to finance this for me?

McVaaahhh
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Glad you're ok man. Another great example for all those out there that think shorts and t-shirts are all the gear they need. I imagine you would have come out much worse if that's all you were wearing. :up:

Good luck on your rebuild, and if you need any powdercoating done, lemme know. :D

y_merkle
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear you are up and about. Scary deal. Good luck on the rebuild.

pwrtrippin
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I'll think about some powdercoating but I think its going to be a somewhat budget build in the cosmetic department.

usmcab35
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
again thank god that someone wasnt to "COOL" to wear a helmet... my best wishes on a speedy recovery and and rebuilt hawk.....

MAZIN
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hey man glad to hear your ok!

Incredible
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm just a fellow rider wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully we'll meet on a ride next season - if I can get a bike out of State Farm.

Silver lining: There's another testimony to gear on the site.

pwrtrippin
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
And ironically enough, I saw your accident on 24 earlier this year Incredible. I think the impact on ours was about the same pain but mine got directed straight to my head, and my spine, in the pic, if you see the concrete around the tube, the front wheel hit that and went high(has the dent in the rim to prove it). but the back wheel hit it full force bottoming the rear suspension, I hit the seat full force and buckled the subframe but that kicked me over the front. I had my leather pants on because it was cooler out but they barely touched the ground, the shoulder in my jackets padding is shot and of course the helmet is really killed, maybe I can get a pick of it up here soon. As I said, I think I'm going take the rest of the year off but come next year I'll be back, hopefully you'll have a bike again by then, maybe we can sponser a crashed but still riding ride.

pilot
Sun Oct 12th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Perhaps wearing all that extra gear overstressed the suspension and that led to the crash? Ride Naked! (j/k) of course. Glad to read that you are already planning out the next two wheel adventure.

modette99
Sun Oct 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Incredible
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
He is just not able to handle all that power of a Hawk.

ROFL!

pwrtrippin: I got REAL LUCKY. I kinda bounced off of the end of the van (Right hand/arm area) and roooolled down the highway. I got a broken wrist and some road rash - all in all, not too shabby. You're bike looks better but your injuries were much worse. Kinda like the Dale Earnhardt crash in that respect, other than the fact that you're not dead.

pwrtrippin
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM
yeah, all that 35HP at the back wheel is just to much for me. Didn't know about the wrist, hows that healing doing? My back is all that is left bothering me now, hopefully that will be better in time for snowboarding season to really kick off.