PDA

View Full Version : Cigars! Mmmm

Sparker
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Some of you may not know me but I have been around the site for a good while. I think 5 years.

Recently I have gotten really interested in fine cigars and all the steps that go into them. It is truly a very interesting industry and everything that is invovled all for the 5-10 bucks that you spend.

Recently I had a private tasting at Peak Cigar located at 8th and Highway 24. Larry, the owner, treated us like we were family and we had a blast. We then had the idea to get a larger group together of people that may not know a lot about cigars that may have been intersted. I havnt panned out the details completely but we can work something out that will be a very fun and relaxed event. A private tasting!

Let me know if anyone here would be intersted and if the number turns out to be large enough im sure that I can set something up with Larry and get us a great deal. Post up if you are intersted!

ps, for the ladies. Peak offers many, many lightly flavored mild strength cigars and cigarillos to try as well. about 15% of his business is infact female!

Sparker
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
more details will be worked out of there is enough interest. Plenty of motorcycle parking as well.

darkfire
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'm interested. I enjoy cigars; I had a nice Cohiba the other night. Keep us posted.

Drift
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for looking into this...sounds like a good time...I'm interested!

y_merkle
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I would be interested! Funny I use to go to monthly functions hosted by Pikes Peak Cigar called ATF meetings. (Alcohol, Tobacco and Friends) They got a new owner and with the new snoking bans ended it so I no longer have anyone to hang out with and enjoy a good cigar. Thanks and please keep us posted!

Sparker
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I will call Larry tommorow and see what I can work out with him whether its a "cover" charge or discounted price or what. I know that he enjoys his single malt so it could be a BYOB thing. I will keep this post updated!

Stuart Little
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I may be interested post up details when ya got em

dallas
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:25 AM
One brand I was turned onto is Acid by Drew Estates. It sounds kinda cheesy but when I was living in Phoenix, I pulled up to the cigar shop on my bike and the shop owner said, "Hey, you ride bikes, try this cigar." It had a picture of a guy doing a stoppie on the band and it smelled really good. I tried it and I was hooked, not for the Biker Boy logo but for the taste. I guess it is called a "spiced" cigar. I also prefer a darker leaf cigar.

Devaclis
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
The Acids are good aromatics. The Blondie, C-Note, and Khuba Khuba are all nice smokes. Easy to get into and do not offend as much as a robusto may.

I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9. Each smoke has its time, companion cocktail, and mood. Man, I need me a good smoke :)

dallas
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM
You know I always have something you can smoke Big Boy!!!

Devaclis
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Man, I forgot I should not be posting in the damn Southie threads. When the woodwork squeaks, out come the freaks :)

dallas
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I am just saying we pretty much have the same taste in cigars. I think you are looking to far into it.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 08:24 AM
mmmm 8-5-8...

Sortarican
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I'd be up for something like this.
Should we bring our own Scotch and Port or being a SoCo event will Moonshine be provided?:lol:

One brand I was turned onto is Acid by Drew Estates....

Yeah, I avoided Acids for the longest time due to the cheese factor.
(Figured only a monkey would smoke those.)
But actually they're a pretty decent and inexpensive smoke.

..I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9....

:up:Opus-X and R-y-J are two of my favs also.
A/F Hemmingway Short Storys are probably my all time favorite. Nice 15-20 minute smoke.
I still have one of the Hemmingway Signatures I got last weekend left.
I'll have to bring it to the BBQ this weekend.

636chick
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM
You know I always have something you can smoke Big Boy!!!

Nice by 9 am I have already been mentally raped by Dallas and feel the need to shower.........all before I finish my first cup of coffee :scream1:. You are such a freak of nature!!!!

Any how sounds like a good time I'm in!!!!!

dallas
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Nice by 9 am I have already been mentally raped by Dallas and feel the need to shower.........all before I finish my first cup of coffee :scream1:. You are such a freak of nature!!!!

Rape is such a strong word. I would have to say it was pretty consentual since you did click on the link. It is not like I forced you to open the thread.

SupermotoMJ
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
do they have a good selection of pipe tabacco? If so I'm down!

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I'm good for pipe or cigar, either way, sounds like a damn blast! Now if only we could find something like that a little closer to home...

Dana, Pappas?

Mental
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM

Any how sounds like a good time I'm in!!!!!
Mentally raped?

Please. You pictured Devaclis and Dallas going at each other, got all hot and bothered, excused yourself to the bathroom. Now you're just feeling cheap and want someone to blame it on.

Sparker
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
For the pipe they do have a decent selection, nothing huge like Stag but a full range. Stag does have a larger selection and range than Peak but the atmosphere at Peak is much more enjoyable and friendly. Peak does do their own mixtures of pipe tobacco and some are really good. Peak does have the Acid, Padron, full line of CAO including the Sopranons(awsome smoke!), the Tatianas, some great medium strength infused, etc. Im sure youd find something you like.

Moonshine not included, but welcome to bring. He does have a sporting event type ice thingy that you can plop ur beer or drinks in to keep cold.

sandboxshooter
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I'll be back from the desert in Nov for vacation, I am seriously interested. I enjoy Rocky Patel's. Got 2 humidors here that are always stocked.

636chick
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Mentally raped?

Please. You pictured Devaclis and Dallas going at each other, got all hot and bothered, excused yourself to the bathroom. Now you're just feeling cheap and want someone to blame it on.

No I swear it wasn't like that

must find somewhere to hide how does he do that :oops: Curse you mental and your freaky powers:scream1:

Brat
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
ive had a few of my friends cohiba's from his humidor. if i didnt gettem free id be interested. enjoy that smoke.

Gramps
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
The Acids are good aromatics. The Blondie, C-Note, and Khuba Khuba are all nice smokes. Easy to get into and do not offend as much as a robusto may.

I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9. Each smoke has its time, companion cocktail, and mood. Man, I need me a good smoke :)

I just gained some new found respect for you Dana.

Sparker
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Weird, a lot of the ones that Dana listed off are ones that my girlfriend likes! haha.

Im suppose to get a call from Larry in the next couple days once he has figured out what his plans are for the event.