PDA

View Full Version : For My 3 Fellow Jews On Here.

Matty
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Happy "Day of Atonement" AKA "Yom Kippur."

For those that don't know Yom Kippur is the most solemn and important day of the year in the Jewish religion.

Yom Kippur is the tenth and final day of the Ten Days of Repentance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Days_of_Repentance) which begin with Rosh Hashanah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Hashanah) (The Head Of The New Year in the Jewish Calendar).

During the Ten Days of Repentance, a Jew tries to amend his behavior and seek forgiveness for wrongs done against God and against his fellow man. The evening and day of Yom Kippur are set aside for public and private petitions and confessions of guilt. At the end of Yom Kippur, one considers himself absolved by God.

This is also the day myself, and other Jews fast and not eat from sundown tonite till sundown tomorrow night.

64BonnieLass
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
:lol::pointlaugh: No PRON or glitter factory shennanigans for you today. Hahahaha.

Kidding. I hope your fast goes well and that you have a good day. Happy Yom Kippur Matty. :)

pilot
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Keep the faith.

Captain Obvious
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 10:14 PM
HA! I knew when i met you at work there was sumthin funny about you! That explains so much!!!!

My ex-gf was a JAP. Man, with all the guilt she used to put me through, you would think I was some sort of Catholic oppressor. And every time I would stub my toe or hurt myself, she would tell me "That is my god getting even with you". Aahhh, those were the days. She was from South FL as well.

Captain Obvious
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
She also tried to get Xmas and Chanukah presents from me each year since her mom was Jewish and pops was Catholic. Always had to humor her cause she tried so hard. :) So I would give her 8 lame gifts and a good xmas present.

Foolds
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Happy Yom Kipper. Now get to Kol Nidre services!

(Written on my blackberry during Sermon)

MAZIN
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Enjoy and most of all observe the anointing of the lord upon you!

rapparee
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM
During the Ten Days of Repentance, a Jew tries to amend his behavior and seek forgiveness for wrongs done against God and against his fellow man.
Can you cover it all in just ten days Matty? J/K Hope and reflection does the soul well.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM
During the Ten Days of Repentance, a Jew tries to amend his behavior and seek forgiveness for wrongs done against God and against his fellow man.

You can start by never posting anything like this again.
:lol:

Matty
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
You can start by never posting anything like this again.
:lol:
hahaha... cause i really care what you want. lol.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
^^you guys make such a cute married couple! :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Just teasin' Matty... Sheesh!

Seriously though, is it hard?

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Eww.

Matty
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Just teasin' Matty... Sheesh!

huh?!?!?! I was just kidding.... hence, the hahaha and the lol.

i'm afraid to ask, but is what hard?

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Get your mind out of the gutter, Wick.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
i'm afraid to ask, but is what hard?

:music: ....to be a Jew.... On Chriiiiissstmaaaaasss.... :music:

Sortarican
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
..During the Ten Days of Repentance, a Jew tries to amend his behavior and seek forgiveness for wrongs done against God and against his fellow man. The evening and day of Yom Kippur are set aside for public and private petitions and confessions of guilt. At the end of Yom Kippur, one considers himself absolved by God.
This is also the day myself, and other Jews fast and not eat from sundown tonite till sundown tomorrow night.

All I have to do is burn 5 minutes in the confessional, get hit with a 5 Hail Marys or 20 push-ups penance, and BAHM!
I'm all copasetic with the Lord.
Hell, I can even bring my lunch with me and eat in the box.

Na-na-na-na-boo-boo!
My father who art in heaven can beat up your father who art in heaven.:rock:

J/K Gang,
To Matty, Tamara, JMetz, and any other children of Abraham out there,
May you all be written for a good year.:up:

Matty
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
:music: ....to be a Jew.... On Chriiiiissstmaaaaasss.... :music:
hahahahahahahahaha......

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
:D

Many blessing Matty. I hope you enjoy a good meal tonight, man. :up:

(Speaking of that, I should hit-up JMetz and we should do dinner somewhere in Denver!)

Matty
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
(Speaking of that, I should hit-up JMetz and we should do dinner somewhere in Denver!)
let me know...

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I just emailed him. Hopefully we'll see his green KGB-hat wearing head in here in a minute.

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.southparkgalaxie.com/sons/hankey/15 - The Broflofskis - Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel.mp3

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM
One more for Barn. ;)

http://www.southparkgalaxie.com/sons/hankey/06 - Kyle Broflofski (featuring the Lonely Jew) - Christmas.mp3

Jmetz
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM
:D

Many blessing Matty. I hope you enjoy a good meal tonight, man. :up:

I could go for a nice pork roast.

TFOGGuys
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Oy- L'shanah Tova!

(my Yiddish sucks, by the way). I'd be afraid to go to Temple after all these years....I'd prolly burst into flames...:nuke:

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
So what say you, Kyle? Wanna go grab something tonight with Mattathias and me?

Jmetz
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sure. I've got the youngling.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM
No-no... I realize that Matty's coming.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Anyhoo... Pick a spot that you and the kiddo are down for, and as long as Matty doesn't object, let's do it. :up:

Foolds
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Man it would be an honer to break the fast with you guys but I gotta do the family thing.

Jmetz
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Anyhoo... Pick a spot that you and the kiddo are down for, and as long as Matty doesn't object, let's do it. :up:

It don't matta us. Where ever yo.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Cool, I'll think of something good and let ya'll know. You guys ever been to the Columbine Steak House on like 2nd and Federal?

It's hood, but it's flippin' tasty!

Sortarican
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
You guys should do a more traditional Jewish place.

How about Sunny China Cafe on Broadway and Mississippi?

Foolds
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cool, I'll think of something good and let ya'll know. You guys ever been to the Columbine Steak House on like 2nd and Federal?

It's hood, but it's flippin' tasty!

I don't know if breaking the fast on something that heavy is a good idea. Try NY Deli News on Hampton Ave. Its a great NY Deli. Also priced quite nicely.

Columbine Is a much better lunch place due to location. (my office is 3 blocks away)

Address to NY Deli News if you want to roll over there is
7105 E. Hampton Ave.
Denver

~Barn~
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if these guys are rockin' the "special diet" tonight or what, so whatever is clever. I just like Columbine Steak House, cause I can go haywire and it costs like $18.00. :lol:

Tommy's Thai Kyle? I know you said you don't care, so maybe we should just let Matty pick.

Jmetz
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Either or meng. I'm good for whatever.

Erratic
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM
You should go to Einsteins and get yourself a nice bagel :up:

Jmetz
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
You should come to my house, I've got a kosher wiener for you.

What the deal is yo?

Matty
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
awh..... didn't know you were waiting on me for a decision. sorry.

unfortunately, it doesn't look like i'll be able to meet up tonite.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Shit! We missed 4?!?!?!:)