PDA

View Full Version : This blows my mind.....

DARK ANGEL
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I am really curious as to how someone thinks they can get $14500 for a 9 year old bike with 26,000 miles.... especially a harley..... I just dont get the mentality of these people. I just dont see the worth of spending that much on a poorly engineered, technologically ancient bike....

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/843786739.html

id rather spend 14500 on a ducati or a nice japanese cruiser at least...

Sean
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM
probably how much they still owe on it? It does have a cassette player, sweet!

schwagman
Wed Oct 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Some people are freaking nuts I would never buy a 9 year old bike for that much.
Poorly engineered, technologically ancient bike.... Is right!

T-Dub
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:20 AM
knock a 0 off the end and I would take it. Not for much more than that though.

salsashark
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I was going to say that finding a 14 year old HD that doesn't gush more oil than a Grease Monkey is rare and may be worth some money, but there's a spot in the second pic so my theory's right out the window...

:dunno:

puckstr
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
And the Hardley riders will pay it....ha ha ha

jimwallace
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 08:30 AM
i was going to point out that the ones that will want it are harley riders........that should pretty much explain it. i mean i wouldnt pay 14k for an 9 year old bike...... i also wouldnt pay 25k for a new one. but hey thats just me and i guess i am no harley rider.

puckstr
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM
$14k is a bargain for a beast of a land barge that you can sport all your HD gear and only ride it to and from the bar to hang with the other HD posers.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Whomever buys that thing, gimme their number, I've got a bridge to sell 'em in Brooklyn...

surriously guise! ur mizz'n tha pointe! U buy not just bike u bi Axeptanse annnnnd EGO!!! NOT CHEAP! YOU BUY NOW!!!

TFOGGuys
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I was going to say that finding a 14 year old HD that doesn't gush more oil than a Grease Monkey is rare and may be worth some money, but there's a spot in the second pic so my theory's right out the window...

:dunno:

If it's not leaking, chances are it's out of oil.....:lol:

Seriously, Harleys hold their value better than any other motorcycle, or most cars for that matter. Even a shitter of an 883 Sportster(the 87 EX500 of the V-twin world) is usually worth more than you paid for it 2 years later....

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
It sucks shopping for bikes -- everyone thinks their bike is worth a gazillion more then the next guy. I'm scouring every day looking for my next ride, and I keep seeing the same bikes come up.. I have to think that the idea is going to hit some of these people that an 05' R6 is just not worth 7k.

ihavealegohead
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Case and point:

Oct 7 - 2006 Yamaha R6. With WARRANTY!! Blue - $7450 - (Highlands Ranch) pic (http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/870491775.html)

Oct 7 - 2007 YAMAHA R6 - $7500 - (highlands ranch ) pic (http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/869804489.html)

The '07 has less miles and is in the same neighborhood. Don't people figure that if your looking for an R6, you'll look at both bikes..

Granted one could be in worse shape, but their are lots of examples like this.

salsashark
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 11:33 AM
It sucks shopping for bikes -- everyone thinks their bike is worth a gazillion more then the next guy. I'm scouring every day looking for my next ride, and I keep seeing the same bikes come up.. I have to think that the idea is going to hit some of these people that an 05' R6 is just not worth 7k.

IMO bikes are worth what someone is willing to pay for them... If someone was willing to shell out 11K for my speed triple, I would be an idiot not to take it...

Just because you're not willing to fork over 7K for an 05 doesn't mean there's not someone else out there who is... and if there's not, then so be it... no sale.