PDA

View Full Version : High Plains Raceway-Scavenger Hunt

Toxicgirl
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
High Plains Raceway Scavenger Hunt
Waiver can be completed and submitted day of event. May also register in person at Grand Prix

Optional Scavenger Hunt stops at
Performance Cycle
Colorado Powersports
Coyote Motorsports
Club Workshop and many more

We are still gathering prizes but some include ....
restaurant gift cards, track days, museum gift cards, tattoo gift cards, gift baskets, t-shirts, helmets, bike locks, Scala Rider Bloothooth Headset and many more. There will also be events at the end of the hunt where you can earn prizes as well,
Bring your 50cc! We will also be having a 50cc bike show, 50 cake walk and 50 races! Attack of the minis! hee hee

Teams
We have our first team signed up!!!!
1.The Northern Misfits - Chad23 (Chad) and crazyhammer10 (Calvin), Catnip, Cathy(mtnairlover)
2.Team Young Blood Racing with Casey and Ara
3.Team Rebellion- Elden Lew & Joe Logalbo, John Garcia & Ralph Forsyth

4 PM events at Grand Prix
1. Bake Sale
2. 50cc cake walk
3. 50cc bike show (judged on mods)
4. $5 dinner
5. Silent Auction

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/colorado_CR/3Info1.jpg
The harsh reality is a continued need to raise funds in order to have the amenities we all desire and deserve.

What's Still Needed At High Plains Raceway!

To provide some idea of what is needed, a list of amenities, priorities and cost estimates for implementing them is being assembled. The priorities and timing depend on how much and how quickly money is raised, on possible different combinations of buildings, and a lot of other variables. The following targets briefly outline the fund raising task ahead:

URGENTLY NEEDED - These are the things urgently required for the coming season to be able to race with reasonable convenience. Things like water & electricity services, bathrooms and showers, a workable timing/scoring facility, corner stations, canopies, etc. It is estimated that these basic items will require about $200,000 to $250,000.
LIFE WOULD BE GREAT - This next level of amenities includes such things as classroom/concession building, RV hookups, a PA system, shade porticos, a children's play area, etc. which we would all like to have but aren't quite as urgent for the coming season. These could easily add another $150,000 to $200,000. Thankfully some of these, like RV hookups, also provide revenue potential for HPR thus making their construction additionally desirable.
THE ULTIMATE FACILITY - Then there are the really nice things like a permanent, shaded pre-grid, garages, paddock Wi-Fi, enlarged paddock, etc. all of which we would all dearly love to have eventually. The timing and feasibility of these kinds of luxuries will be totally dependent on how much is raised and when. These could obviously cost large dollars and may not happen right away, but why not try?
Starting the 2009 season with the URGENTLY NEEDED items above is now job-one. That level of contributions is needed ASAP to insure deliverability for the upcoming 2009 season.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/colorado_CR/ScavengerHuntRegistration-image.jpg

Toxicgirl
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:49 AM
There was a post hear asking what the prizes are....:)
We are still gathering prizes but some include ....

restaurant gift cards, track days, museum gift cards, tattoo gift cards, gift baskets, t-shirts, helmets, bike locks, Scala Rider Bloothooth Headset and many more. There will also be events at the end of the hunt where you can earn prizes as well,
Bring your 50cc! We will also be having a 50cc bike show, 50 cake walk and 50 races! Attack of the minis! hee hee

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/colorado_CR/Scavenger%20Hunt/HeaderImage.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/colorado_CR/Mercer-P9240074-web.jpg

Mae
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Question, I dont know much about the new tracks that are popping up but I have overheard of them.

So I heard one or two of them might be members/clubs only, is this one of the ones that will be member/clubs only and if so what are the requirements to become a member of it or what clubs are involved?

I was thinking bout doing this with a couple friends (because scavenger hunts with crazy friends are a BLAST) but, to be honest and not trying to be rude but....I wouldnt want to donate money to a place that I or my friends could never enjoy ourselves unless we pay an arm and a leg each visit or for a yearly membership ya know? Or that would only benefit certain people and not the community at large.

Do you have any more info on HPR?

Ceez
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Question, I dont know much about the new tracks that are popping up but I have overheard of them.

So I heard one or two of them might be members/clubs only, is this one of the ones that will be member/clubs only and if so what are the requirements to become a member of it or what clubs are involved?

I was thinking bout doing this with a couple friends (because scavenger hunts with crazy friends are a BLAST) but, to be honest and not trying to be rude but....I wouldnt want to donate money to a place that I or my friends could never enjoy ourselves unless we pay an arm and a leg each visit or for a yearly membership ya know? Or that would only benefit certain people and not the community at large.

I cant remember the name of that private race track that is opening up but this is not it. This track is open to all, no country club dues apply!
http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

Toxicgirl
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Just FYI-You may also register at Grand Prix Motorsports.

500rgurl
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Mae.. To answer your question HPR is a public owned track... This track has been built on funds that have been donated from Car, motorcycle, and people that would like to see Colorado with another race track. Public owned means that this track can not be bought out or closed by a private company.

I would suggest reading over the website for HPR http://www.highplainsraceway.com/ it has updates on the progress and the needs that are still needed to make this facility a great place next year for us. I am sure there will be plenty of tackdays next summer at HPR. We just need more funds so we can have things like actual bathrooms with running water instead of tempary bathrooms...

500rgurl
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
HPR will also be open this Sunday from 11-2pm for a walk around the track... Please check out the MRA forums for more info!

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=7472

UglyDogRacing
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Mae.. To answer your question HPR is a public owned track... This track has been built on funds that have been donated from Car, motorcycle, and people that would like to see Colorado with another race track. Public owned means that this track can not be bought out or closed by a private company.

I would suggest reading over the website for HPR http://www.highplainsraceway.com/ it has updates on the progress and the needs that are still needed to make this facility a great place next year for us. I am sure there will be plenty of tackdays next summer at HPR. We just need more funds so we can have things like actual bathrooms with running water instead of tempary bathrooms...

"Public owned track" may not be the best term to describe the ownership entity behind HPR. Read the Faqs page at http://www.highplainsraceway.com/faq.html if you would like a better understanding of the structure of the ownership behind HPR.

500rgurl
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 01:40 PM
When signing up don't forget to come up with a name for your team!! :) :)

Toxicgirl
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Ill be listing teams in the first post as they are registered.
Anyone brining their 50?:)

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
No fittys but this should be fun, and I have a third person (Catnip) my wife.
Come on folks get your team together and lets have some fun
Or are you SKERD

Toxicgirl
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Ill add her to your team. :)

Toxicgirl
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 08:36 AM
We got two teams! :slappers:

swademaster
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I might see about getting a team. Any more info on the 50 show and race, like cost?

Toxicgirl
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I might see about getting a team. Any more info on the 50 show and race, like cost?
The 50cc bike show is free, you win a prize for best 50, etc.
The 50cc cake walk will only be like $3-$5, and you can also buy baked goodies. Other than that everything will be whatever you can donate. :)

swademaster
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Cool. I will try to by there. Just need to find another rear wheel for the 50 to put the street tires back on.

Toxicgirl
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cool. I will try to by there. Just need to find another rear wheel for the 50 to put the street tires back on.
what do you need, just a rim?
BTW if anyone needs a 12 bar for their 50's my BF makes them. $60

swademaster
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Complete rear wheel. 10" stocker for a CRF50F would be great.

Toxicgirl
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Teams updated:)

Toxicgirl
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
about a week to go, we have 3 teams, any other takers? :hump:

MissMandy
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
If you'd like to register your team at the 12 Volt Friday night, we will donate half of your entry fee to Clarkie!

500rgurl
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Let's get some more teams signed up!! All funds raised goes to the High Plains Raceway!

Toxicgirl
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm baking cupcakes. :yumyum:

Toxicgirl
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Due to the lack of interest and teams participating, we may be rescheduling this event until spring.

chad23
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
That would suck. let us know what ends up happening. Thanks

Toxicgirl
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
ya, its a bummer. We only have the three teams and no other intrest yet.

Toxicgirl
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PUT OFF UNTIL SPRING