PDA

View Full Version : need flush mount turn signal help

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:24 PM
It's on my '03 Honda CBR F4i. Do i just cut the wires for the turn signals and hook them up to the new lights?? or is there a more civilized way of doing it? call me on my cell if you can help...... 303-916-6289

Anonymous
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:31 PM
If they're LP flushmounts, LP has adapter harnesses available. Performance carries some, but I've never seen them for the R1 (and I didn't want to wait to order them), so I ended up cutting my wires. :|

Anonymous
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:43 PM
On my superhawk, the stock connectors for the lights just happened to match up perfectly with the LP wiring... :) You might pull your stockers and see what's in there before buying a bunch of stuff.

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:44 PM
my bike has 3 wires and the LP's only have 2... can i still make it work?? or just wait and get the adapter?

Anonymous
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Did you get the dual-filament lights or single?

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM
they're single

Polumbian
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Don't know about doing it your way Chadwick. But I know it works the other way. My bike had 2 wires and the aftermarket turnsignals I bought 3 wires. Bought them at Performance and was told that they would work, I just need to cap-off the third wire. They were right! It works perfect!

Anonymous
Mon Jun 9th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Ok, the way it works is this: In a dual filament bulb, you have 3 wires: Ground, and one each for the two filaments (+12v). In your stock bulbs one filament is for the running lights, the ones that stay on all the time while you ride. The other one is for the blinker - notice when you turn them on, that side gets twice as bright while it's blinking.

With a single filament bulb, you should just connect the wire that works when the blinker is activated (just turn on the blinker and try one with the ground connected, it'll either stay on or blink) and tape off the other one you don't use.

Personally I'd take them back and get dual filament, but that's just me... :)

Anonymous
Tue Jun 10th, 2003, 08:58 AM
I used to have the dual-filament flushmounts, but they didn't fit the bike well (I think they were designed for :guns: GSX-R's :lol: ), so I got the smaller ones, which are single-filament. My situation is the opposite of Polumbian's, but the solution was the same - my bike has 3 wires (ground, running light, turn signal), but the flushmounts only had 2 wires. I wired up the ground & turn signal, taped off the 3rd wire from the bike and everything works fine.

BlueDevil
Tue Jun 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Cutting them is fine. However I give warning on the F4I. The lights are tough to get to work right. Buddy of mine tried many times with several different styles and decided to skip the trouble and went back to stock. Just make sure they are wired correctly before turning on the bike and make sure there is no wire exposed to ground out. Good luck.