PDA

View Full Version : Back Protector

OUTLAWD
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'm looking to pick up a CE back protector for track days, and I'll probably end up wearing it in the canyons as well.

Anybody have any particularly good experiences with any brands, or for that matter anybody have any experience with brands that I should steer clear of, as far as fit, comfort and quality go?

Thanks!

Tipys
Sun Oct 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I love my Astars on the track havnt tested it dont plan on doing it either. But for the street I like my icon field vest cause of how it fits

SLVRSURFR
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I love my Astars on the track havnt tested it dont plan on doing it either. But for the street I like my icon field vest cause of how it fits

I have the Icon field vest as well... Totally satisfied!(But, I just ride street) It adjusts on the sides, as well as at the shoulders.. I wear it over my riding leather for added protection..

Tipys
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Over?

PsychoMike
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 06:23 PM
t-pro force field. i personally tested it.

SLVRSURFR
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Over?

Yeah! My riding jacket is black, and isn't bulky on me(its very form-fitting), and i'm a slender guy at that.. helps with insulation since i ride up to The Springs 3 mornings out of the week..

SLVRSURFR
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM
t-pro force field. i personally tested it.Tested it?!! What happened?

Tipys
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah! My riding jacket is black, and isn't bulky on me(its very form-fitting), and i'm a slender guy at that.. helps with insulation since i ride up to The Springs 3 mornings out of the week..

Oh cause I where my under my jacket and have joked about wearing it on the outside

PsychoMike
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Tested it?!! What happened?

wicked highside

eklew
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have a generic CE back protector and was hit by PsychoMike's R6 in the back when we both had to force a lowside so as not to take another rider out. Needless to say, I was not hurt. Something is better than nothing!!!!!

SLVRSURFR
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Oh cause I where my under my jacket and have joked about wearing it on the outside

i've wore it both ways, now that i think of it... I'm just wearing it on the outside at this point in time.. If you see someone riding with it on that way, you'll know its me!

PsychoMike
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I have a generic CE back protector and was hit by PsychoMike's R6 in the back when we both had to force a lowside so as not to take another rider out. Needless to say, I was not hurt. Something is better than nothing!!!!!

haha that was funny.

eklew
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 04:47 PM
haha that was funny.

Yeah, good times. Thank god neither one of us were hurt. Always great to come out of a crash and laugh about it.

PsychoMike
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
very true

irdave
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
This is my next back protector... http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=142 It's nice when someone can actually think a little about what would help instead of just a little foam and plastic.

hcr25
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
This is my next back protector... http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=142 It's nice when someone can actually think a little about what would help instead of just a little foam and plastic.

We have those in stock at Faster. It is a very nice, thought out product for sure.
mike