PDA

View Full Version : Just killed E470

SamuraiX
Thu Oct 9th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Just measured over 190- on E470. Killed it. Cold air = HP!! Way to end the day.

Rednarb
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
You have more horsepower than brains!

rybo
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
190 HP?

190 MPH?

if HP how did you measure it?

If MPH you're crazy.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:30 AM
That's really ....................................... :roll:

PhL0aTeR
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM

all while doing a wheelie?

Devaclis
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I DOOOO love the cold air :) The CBR is running like a dream.

SamuraiX
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Its the nature of the beast, shes got long legs that need a stretch sometimes.
Full gear and an empty long road I know too well, plus the looming end of season...

Admittedly I was pushing my luck out there, something I don't do often, or plan on doing again anytime too soon.
(which is probably why it was so damn fun!)

Im sure it was over 185, because i stayed in it for 10 or so secs. past the point it hit 185 on speedo, and you could feel it keep goin. The Ivans' TRE bypasses the 185 limiter. Coulda easily been a little over 190. Without GPS though, no telling exactly.

She was silky smooth the whole damn way, screamin me a Yoshimura love song~
- I do luv my Kate. (keight)

King Nothing
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
My SV did 85 once. :roll:

~Barn~
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Doug's got the metric system. He wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Doug's got the metric system. He wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
What do they call the Whopper?
I don't know, I didn't go to Burger King.

I hit 165 on my F4i, so it was probably more like 120. :lol:

rybo
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Royale - with cheese.

Fly boy
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I put the fairings back on the Purple and Pink, She is loving the long warm up in the morning, then the 4 mile sprint to work :D

GregsGSXR
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Sounds like fun....gets the blood going...

MetaLord 9
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, on the truck to the dealership

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
ah, running the gauntlet!!!:rock:
We all cant say we havent done it one time or another!!!:alien:
Welcome to the SGS, Secret Gauntlet Society started by Gixxer Carrie!!!!
You will have to ask her to join!!!:slappers:

King Nothing
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, on the truck to the dealershipI'm not denying that the bike was in more able hands when she was in her crate on the back of a truck.

MetaLord 9
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Well she definately got more attention then, that's for sure! :lol:

ihavealegohead
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
At 190 CSP might just hit reset and wait for the 2nd call to come in. ..

Is there a track that this can be done safely on? (curious?) I remember someone saying there was a drag track you could race other bikes and cars (in the springs?)

Spiderman
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Pueblo Motorsports Park... the front straight is comprised of a 1/4 mile drag strip & some of it's run-off. I've hit 146 on my R6 there before having to grab the brakes for turn 1. IIRC, litre bikes get close to 170

SamuraiX
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Don't think there are any places timing top-speed runs, close, are there?
I'd need atleast a mile or two?
Maybe ill have to head out to Bonneville - its closer to Vegas and Maxton looks kinda crappy.

pilot
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
LOL....the SGS was started by me...but Daniel...you took a close second to becoming Captain...LMAO. Sometimes its what makes all of this exciting.....gotta love it!

SamuraiX
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Can i be a prospect? :)

MAZIN
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
The night before I sold my r1 (aka my pretty) I hit I-76 east pretty good...Here’s the story.

It was a cold Febuary night about 10 pm and I was on my way to the fed center to data whore it up for a bit. I pull in to gate one and the security officer taking the info off of my badge looked me in the eye and said "man pretty bike, you must be crazy though it's forty degree's". I looked and shot him my most sinister smile and watched the gate go up.

I pulled into my usual parking space and turned her off and let my foot slide the kickstand down and relished in the fact that was one of the last times I was going to be able to do that, for tomorrow she would be sold and I would have to deal with the severe depression that would set in. As I stood there looking at my pretty almost semi erect ( as she often did to me) I couldn’t help but look for alternate ways of clearing some bills up for my security clearance, but alas there was no way around it my man whoring days were over and I had to do it.

All night long my guys were noticing that I was on the verge of a tantrum :scream1: but they need not ask why, for they knew mazin was selling his pretty. About 2:30 am I told the guys that I was pulling some boss privileges and going home to wallow in self pity. As I strapped on my coat and bag they asked if they could come out and say goodbye to the one, the only, the pretty. We walked out to the lot and low and behold there she was glimmering from the mothers chrome and plastic polish applied to her with love and care.

The guys and I stood around her and as tears started to well up in our ducts we decided that the only way to deal with our impending pain was to get some candles out of the trunk and light them up and have a visual. The candle light flickering and our tear beyond our control we sang “Born to be Wild” by wild cherry. With eyes streaming tears I mounted :hump: my pretty and started her engine and slowly pulled away, for this would be the last time she was to leave the fed center.

Pulling out of the gate and turning onto Kipling she was just purring. As I made my way to the entrance to 76 east bound I wiped my eyes and pulled down my visor and proceeded to merge onto the empty stretch of rode that lead back home. I hit 55 and I heard her tell me that our last ride should be both of our fondest memories. I slowly started to pull back on the throttle feeling the pavement rush by under her tires and my feet. About 75 I shifted into the final gear of her smooth tranny and proceeded to pull back on the throttle till we both have gone faster than ever before. At 100 she was not even close to being done, I was just more in love with her than ever before.

I heard a thunderous boom when I hit 115 and the back tire shook a little and let the throttle up a little to make sure we were not going down:shocked:; I realized that I shouldn’t have had that burrito for lunch. As my stomach expelled the last bit of fumes I pulled back on the gas and looked down and could only see the last 2 numbers on the Speedo 75, 85, 95, 00 ,15 ,20 ,23.

As pulled into my drive way I was love struck even more. For Mazin and his pretty went faster than ever before….That’s right a new record of speed @ 124.:shocked:

Sorry about the grammar, my eyes are filled up with tears for a pain once felt and not over yet it’s hard to see the keys.:cry:

daemon
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
My Precious!!!!
http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/grafix/golclose.jpg

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Can i be a prospect? :)

you all ready are a member!!
You ran the gauntlet, smiling all the way!!!
And were brave enough to post it too and hear all that comes about.....

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM

TOO FAST, TOO FAST, YOU'RE GONNA DIE! :shocked:

SamuraiX
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
you all ready are a member!!
You ran the gauntlet, smiling all the way!!!

SchWEET! Thanks CC. Ill have to update my sig with an SGS!
Im hoping to get a camera setup and heads up alert for my detector by next season.

derekm
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I showed 175 on the speedo of my (new at time) 2001 R1, I felt like a tard right after and have NEVER gone anywhere near that again nor do I plan to... but I have done stoppies and coasters at a bit over 100 in a "controlled environment" lol

MAZIN
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I just did'nt want to wreck it before I sold it, besides my health care insurance sucks!

Kole.S
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I showed 175 on the speedo of my (new at time) 2001 R1, I felt like a tard right after and have NEVER gone anywhere near that again nor do I plan to... but I have done stoppies and coasters at a bit over 100 in a "controlled environment" lol

I remember you doing stopies on the highway, what 75 mph ish maybe more i dunno? On your F2, crazy bastard!!

SamuraiX
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM

I had another gear still calling my name at 175... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVEuRqVFJ5w&feature=related

DeeStylez
Sun Oct 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
top speed for me on a bike 130. 190??? that is insane....
I got up to 140 in my old Rx7 but that was in a cager

SamuraiX
Sun Oct 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Speaking of insane:
http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/video_police_footage_of_140mph_biker/5630.html

SaShWhO
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Royale - with cheese.

that's one tasty burger

thatmofo
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 07:26 PM
That is a tasty burger

:yumyum:

thatmofo
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM

This post is worthless without pics or vids!

SamuraiX
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I promised your mom i would keep them to myself!

SamuraiX
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
But since you asked for proof - here's me riding her @ 130 (am), or so - she had more to give still!

All kidding aside, I agree with you and plan on getting a vid camera setup, asap.

Spinalhaven
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 01:28 AM
TOO FAST, TOO FAST, YOU'RE GONNA DIE! :shocked:

he's on a busa, the bike just needs someone crazy enough to get it up that high :)

SamuraiX
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM
he's on a busa, the bike just needs someone with balls enough to get it up that high :)
Fixed that for ya.

salsashark
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
But since you asked for proof - here's me riding her @ 130 (am), or so - she had more to give still!

All kidding aside, I agree with you and plan on getting a vid camera setup, asap.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9689&stc=1&d=1223956738

:shocked:

Never seen a red & white Busa before... custom paint?

King Nothing
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:16 PM
that's a full dress harley bagger.

Spinalhaven
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM
that's a full dress harley bagger.

don't forget the chrome :slappers:

MaddMatt
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Did 151 indicated down Willow Springs Pass once on my beloved,alas departed 05 CBR 600 RR

Tipys
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 11:04 AM
07 ninja 650 131 maxed . 02 R6 142 maxed . 07 zx6 130 at PPIR and still alot left.

Brat
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
we have no 470 here but yesterday i hit a good triple digit speed. my friend on his honduh got a helluva lot faster than i. lol. but the denver roads are more fun imo.

frank2
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Don't know what to say. Someone looking for some attention, here. Some kind of FOOL! Don't forget to speed in front of the locals. SICK.

SamuraiX
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
What the hell are you babbling about newb? attention!?
FYI, this is a sportbike club, we TALK about riding sportbikes here, they usually go fuckin fast!

Especially when people like yourself arent holding them back, and/or wrecking them.

As far as on the road, i was also trying to attract as little attn. as possible...

King Nothing
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 10:04 PM
What the hell are you babbling about newb? Technically, he's been here longer than you. BTW, those kinds of speeds on a public road are pretty retarded. I guess that make you a retard.

~Barn~
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Technically, he's been here longer than you.

:lol:

SamuraiX
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Oh wait!! That was OutTheDoor Frank - Sorry Frank!!
I Shoulda' looked further than post ct.# Your'e no Newb!, just an asshole.

Now, as far as King zero goes, if SPEED is retarded to you...
well, then you really need to find a new hobby there darlin!

Not all of us are here just to talk about our 45mph traffic filled ride to work
or our sporting 30 min. jaunt out for drinks afterwards.
Sometimes the shits actually fast and perhaps even dangerous.

FYI: SPORTBikes like to be ridden fast, they are not fashion statements.

Im sure your poor lil' bike is disgusted that it's owner is such a panty-waste,
and it wishes daily you would trade it into Frank for a shiny new scooter.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 09:51 AM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/03/SM1082~Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

rybo
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Well this was fun while it lasted...

This thread has hit the rev limiter.