PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point Drop.. Its going to be a good day

Snowman
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wall Street plunges, continuing devastating losses (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081010/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street)

Devaclis
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
0 is where it ends.

People like to panic and do stupid things.

I will buy at 0.

Snowman
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Na, I'm sure we can do better than that...
We are Americans. We over do everything.
I'm thinking negative numbers before this is over.

puckstr
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
0 is where it ends.

People like to panic and do stupid things.

I will buy at 0.

Wow I am so glad I have no portfolio.
I am worthless but at least I don't lose value.:)

puckstr
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:10 AM
up to 8500 now.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I Just found out that the big wig in our company is coming out here on the 23rd......................

Because we are the BEST Technology group in the company :) I hope this means $1 million dollar bonuses for us and brand new 24k gold USB thumb drives!!!!

Magnum
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hit positive territory, then back to negative..........:turtle:

......and I think Bush should keep his mouth shut and cancel his 8:30'ish speech.

Filo
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:17 AM
See, this is why I tried to get GW to send *ME* the $700B. I called him up Friday 2 weeks ago and was like "Yo, G.E.O. Pres, what be up, my main home slice" and he be all "Yo Filo!!!!! It is defntly in DA HOUSE!" and I'ma all like "GW, I be hearing you got a wad, I mean a roll and a half. Set a brotha up. I be all into bank liquidity" and he was like "Don't be a hater, but a brotha can't just drop 700 large on a homie without tha nizzles in the house and senate being all up in his grill." and I was all like "Bitch" and hung up.

And that is why there is a global banking crisis today.

puckstr
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Hit positive territory, then back to negative..........:turtle:

......and I think Bush should keep his mouth shut and cancel his 8:30'ish speech.

I vote he goes to an undisclosed secure location .....and shut his pie hole

Magnum
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I vote he goes to an undisclosed secure location .....and shut his pie hole

Bring Greenspan too and we can do a number on them for fucking everything up!

Devaclis
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I find it total BS that the stock market can ruin the global economy. Can't they separate the markets better to prevent a total meltdown?

Snowman
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Bush just spoke to the nation to calm down the markets.
NSE droped 800 points

~Barn~
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I find it total BS that the stock market can ruin the global economy. Can't they separate the markets better to prevent a total meltdown?

We can't keep church and state divided, w/out major hassle, much less world markets and economies that count on interaction to function.

As much of a pipedream as it is, what really needs to happen, is that we need to eliminate greed and the related abuse-of-power, to prevent epic meltdowns. And since that isn't ever going to happen, comprehensive oversight within the ranks is the only way. Self-governance is sadly only found left to things like web forums, and PTA meetings. And even there, it's a fleeting notion.

Canuck
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
What most people (financial speculaters included) don't understand is that the major issues at hand concern debt and the amount that is owed world wide.
The total amount of Global GDP is $65 trillion. The amount of public debt that is owed by the United States alone is $59 trillion, ( this includes social security, medicaid and other debts with has not been billed yet). Good luck finding accurate global debt numbers. The IMF and WB only freely release third world debt numbers, which rival a major fraction of global GDP.

The DOW and other equity exchange markets are only a small fraction towards the whole story of the private liquidity to public debt ratio's.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Well well, look at the brain on Brad!!!

64BonnieLass
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
NSE droped 800 points

Guess the "calming" worked then??? :banghead:

Bueller
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
NSE drooped 800 points
As he continues to build his legacy

King Nothing
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM
people are dumb

64BonnieLass
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
people are dumb

You are secksay!