PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck on my Triathlon

Captain Obvious
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
So how is the weather back home in CO? I am in a hotel in North FL on the beach. :)

7 AM is kickoff on my first Triathlon. It is only a sprint (shorter distances) but I am a first timer and I figured I would ease into the shallow end vs diving into the deep end. I figure if I survive the run (not worried about the other 2 legs) I will try to compete in a couple full events next year.

Anyone else run, bike, swim? I am hoping to get more training in next year and wondered if anyone else bikes and/or runs cause I sometimes need a bit of a push to get out and going. This event was a decision a buddy and I made 2 months ago so I haven't trained a ton and he is going to kill my times.

64BonnieLass
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Dear Mr. Obvious:

I don't run unless someone is chasing me. Seems logical and rather "obvious" to me. Who'd have thunk it.

I wish you the best of luck. Those fookers are hard and I know the training you must go through. Have a great day, keep your mind in a very sweet spot, and kick some ass. (I hear your skill level increases with lack of sex - so just say NO!) Run Forest....RUN!!!!

I wish you all the luck and skill and best of mentality in the world. DO EET!!!!!

Foolds
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Im a long distance runner, but my weak swiming keeps me from doing tri's. Good luck let us know how you do!

bodhizafa
Fri Oct 10th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I used to do 3 or 4 tri's a year, been thinking about getting back into it. Just keep a good pace (slower than you think on the bike) and have fun.

rforsythe
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Good luck! Guy I worked with just did the Ironman Canada, cause he's crazy.

atrainthornton
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Just have fun. I race in Tri's (all distances) and also note that as you hit the water, the World Championships in Kona kick off in a couple of hours. Just have fun for your first one and do not worry about times as you have nothing to compare it to. The race is within yourself and not against the other athletes in your age group uless you are going for the podium. Then, it is still on your own......have fun and good fortunes

PS - there are a TON of local races if you get into it. www.5430sports.com (http://www.5430sports.com) is one series, but a bunch at Cherry Creek Rez and something every weekend.

Spinalhaven
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
good to see some of us are in shape :)